sehun and baekhyun play hide & seek

Blood Goes Well With Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He’s been hiding for what feels to have been an hour, but in reality it’s only been fifteen minutes, on top of a tree. Baekhyun’s favorite tree to be exact. One that he loves to sit under and read when it’s warm enough outside. From here he sees Chanyeol lying on the roof of the house, waiting for the human to come find him. It’s a total move; Baekhyun will never find him there. It’s as if Chanyeol can hear what he’s thinking because he turns to look at him and grins smugly. Sehun rolls his eyes and shakes his head disapprovingly. 

Baekhyun finally comes out of the house after realizing they’re nowhere to be found, so they must be outdoors. He already looks frustrated, eyebrows burrowed and bottom lip jutted as he searches around the property for the vampires. Sehun thinks he looks adorable when he’s confused or frustrated. 

“This isn’t fair,” Baekhyun says, raising his voice so they can hear him. “You guys didn’t say you’d be going outside.” 

In Sehun’s defense, he didn’t think this was that hard of a hiding spot. It’s Baekhyun’s favorite tree; one would think he would check it at least once. 

“Ah ha!” Baekhyun says as he rips off a blanket that was draped over a pile of pillows in the backseat of the car. He lets the blanket drop to the ground as he whines quietly to himself for falling for such a childish trick. 

Sehun looks over at Chanyeol who is practically on the verge of tears trying to hold in his laughter. When the hell did he even have time to set that up? 

Baekhyun wanders around for another fifteen minutes. Just as he’s on the verge of giving up, he happens his way to the tree, right underneath the branch Sehun is standing on. Sehun waits for the human to look up. He never does. He’s about to walk away when the vampire hops down, landing perfectly on his feet right behind him and engulfs the human in his arms. 

Baekhyun yelps, thrashing for a second in his hold. “What the-,” he breathes out, hand to chest in an attempt to calm his racing heart. “You were up there the entire time? How did you stay so quiet?”

Sehun grins. “I don’t know. I guess I’m just good at this.” 

“Where are the others?” 

He points to the roof, where Chanyeol is now standing and holding his stomach as he roars with laughter. “I can’t believe you actually fell for that pillow trick!” he chortles. “I thought that only happened in movies. Humans are dumber than I thought.” 

“Watch it,” Sehun hisses, chucking a pinecone at him with full force. 

Baekhyun giggles when the pinecone bounces off Chanyeol’s head. “Where’s Jongin?” 

Right as the question leaves his mouth, the car begins lifting off the ground. Baekhyun gasps and startles backward. 

Jongin lifts the car high enough for him to crawl out and then carefully lowers it back down once he’s up on his feet. “If I had known you were going to be so bad at this I would’ve picked an easier hiding spot,” Jongin deadpans.

Baekhyun frowns at him and then turns to Sehun. “O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter