You are my dream

You are my dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man sends the last patient out of his room with a big smile. He just need to visit new patients that he admitted through polyclinic then he will done for today. He will finish on time, no more surgeries and not on night duty. Well actually he is but he switched his schedule with another colleague, though it costed him 48hours on-call before that. But it doesn’t matter, as long as he is free for today’s special day. His hum is loud enough to be heard by the nurses while writing patients status. Everyone who heard him can tell that he is in a good mood.

 

“You look so happy, Dr. Kim” A nurse greeted him.

“Yeah! Really really happy.” He grinned.

“Uuu. Good news?” 

“I’m going home early today!”

“Hahaha. Didn’t know that makes you happy? I always see you enjoy being here with patients.”

“Of course Dr. Kim likes it here, unnie. Have you ever see him whining? Today is Dr. Kim wedding’s anniversary. No other happiness can beat the time spent with your loved one, right Dr. Kim?” Another nurse interrupted them.

“Ahh. How come you know?” He passed the finished status.

“Come on Dr. Kim. This whole month you keep talking about how you’re going to celebrate your anniversary.“

“Ahh. I see.” He nodded his head.

“Dr. Kim, why you didn’t work at your wife’s hospital? Or your wife don’t come work here?”

“I’m afraid my focus will be only on her.” He chuckled. 

“Eyy Dr. Kim. That’s too cheesy.” The nurse laughed.

“If I work in the same hospital, then we have to be professional. I don’t want to meet her as Dr. Stephanie Hwang. I want her as Tiffany, my lovely wife. That’s why I decided to work anywhere but her hospital. So that I will never have to see her as a doctor.”

“Awww. You’re so sweet, Dr. Kim. Your wife is so lucky to have you.”

“I’m the lucky one.” He winked before leaving the nurses station.

 

He clocked out early with reasons. He needs to prepare the house, pick up the cake, buy presents, choose the best outfit for him and so much more. Last year they celebrated outside but not this year. Tiffany is at the peak of her career. Her senior, Hyojoo transferred to other hospital this year, making Tiffany is the only female orthopaedic surgeon and it really makes her busy as sometimes female patients requesting for female doctor. She currently pursues her study to professor title, which means she also busy with studying for her research and teaching medical students as it’s one of the title’s requirements. Taeyeon can say that her wife is as busy as South Korea’s president, or maybe busier than the president. She always come home late, or sometimes she won’t come back at all. At first, Taeyeon can’t fall asleep until he heard Tiffany’s steps drawing closer to the bed and hugged him from behind. But later on he found that Tiffany’s head was on his bare chest the next morning which means he fell asleep while waiting for his wife to come home. In other words, he gradually got used to her absence on the bed. He knows how busy his wife is as their daily conversations become lesser, his wife sometimes talk about her days which at the end he is the only one who talks much, otherwise they only say I love you to each other and exchange kisses. It is a lie if he says he didn’t miss the old talkative, flirty and clingy Tiffany, but as a husband he needs to support her wife achieving her dreams. He just need to be patient.

 

He waits at the dining table in a maroon suit. He specifically choose it because Tiffany said he looks smart and cute at the same time with his auburn, bowl-cut hair. On the table is a cake with “Happy 2nd Anniversary” icing on it. He decorates the table to a romantic look, mostly in pink. He can imagine Tiffany’s excited face and her high-pitched voice once she see it. The beeping sounds coming from his left hand makes him stare at the watch. It’s 11 p.m and Tiffany is yet to come home. As he rarely talks to his wife these days, he plans the celebration alone. This means his wife didn’t know and that thought makes him suddenly nervous. What if she doesn’t come home tonight? He reaches his phone and instead of message, he calls her as she leaves him on bluetick to his last chat. It takes him few tries before she pick up.

 

“Hey....” The voice sounds tired.

“Hey. Still got patients?”

“Thank god that was my last for today.” 

“Are you coming home?”

“In an hour maybe? Have to finish my slide for tomorrow’s lecture.” 

“Hmm... Can’t you just do it at home?”

“My laptop’s broken, Tae. Need to use the pc in my office.”

“I brought mine home. You can use mine.”

“Ahhh. Why you didn’t told me earlier?!!”

“Said the one who ignored my messages.”

“Wait.... when did—“

 

Tiffany moves the phone away from her ear. She goes to iMessage and click on Taeyeon’s name. Taeyeon hears his wife gasped.

 

“Taetae... Sorry...”

“Hahaha. Come home now? I miss you, baby.” He chuckled.

“Alright. See you soon. Miss you more mmuahh.”

 

Even though Tiffany rarely talk to him these days, but when she did, she never changed the way she talks. She still talks excitedly, sometimes gets naughty with her words, or prettily gets angry over trivial things, or cutely gets sulky if Taeyeon doesn’t give her attention while she’s chatting or suddenly with a kiss when he is lecturing her to take care of her health, which end up with going to bed. That’s one of the things about Tiffany that he is grateful for. But two things about her that made him disappointed. First, she started to forget their important dates. Second, she rarely called him ‘baby’ now and worst is he can’t remember when was the last time.

 

“Taetae... What’s all of this?” She walks towards her husband.

“Don’t tell me you forgot what day is today?” Taeyeon wraps his hands around her waist. 

 

Tiffany frowns at her husband question. She squeezes her eyes, thinking hard. The handsome man in front of her makes her lose focus. She takes a glance on the cake before planting a kiss on Taeyeon’s lips. 

 

“You’re so handsome...” She caresses his cheek.

“You’re not answering my question.” Taeyeon sounds firm.

 

Tiffany takes Taeyeon to the table. She makes him sit before she lands on his lap. She wraps her hands around his neck before one of it slowly moves towards his right chest. She places her hands there for a while before smiling mischievously. She locks her eyes on his.

 

“W-what?” 

“Your heart beating fast. Am I making you flutter?”

“O-of course. You’re my— Mmmm” Tiffany cuts him off with a smooch. 

“You‘re seducing me right now, right? I told you, you looked hot in that suit.” She winked.

 

Taeyeon gulps. He knows how unpredictable Tiffany is yet he always not prepared every time his wife acts like this. That y body language, that intense gaze, that alluring voice, that racy smile, that teasing touch, that passionate kiss. Right now is not him who flirting with his wife, but his wife is flirting with him. He feels his ears turning red as Tiffany’s gaze is on him, he has no choice but to avert her eyes. But his eyes made a wrong choice where to stare at.

 

“Sorry my work attire doesn’t expose my s.”

 

His eyes turned round in response to Tiffany’s words. This girl knows exactly how to . He looks away immediately.

 

“I’m not looking at your b-s...” He defends himself.

“Oh baby, you sure you don’t wanna?” 

 

To hear that seductive voice calling him ‘baby’ again makes him flustered. Tiffany let go of her hands from Taeyeon’s body. She begins to her shirt only to be stopped by him. He can see her cleavage now. 

 

“Y-ya. W-what are you doing?” He stutters. 

“Showing you my s?” 

 

He takes a deep breath. He needs to hold himself. No, not yet. At least after he shows her the cake. At least after she takes a few bites of her favourite food. At least after they wishes each other on their anniversary. But the girl on his laps seems clueless about what he wants. His mouth is shut again before he wants to open it. This time, he can’t resist his wife lips anymore. He reciprocate while caressing Tiffany’s back gently. She guides Taeyeon’s hand towards her half-exposed chest. He squeezes his wife’s asset affectionately.

 

“I’m tired sitting like this.” She said while they catch their breath between the kiss.

 

Her husband smirks before kissing her again. She feels herself flying in the air for a few seconds before she feels her back landing on a soft thing. She is too focus on her husband’s warm kiss until she realizes his body now on top of hers. The soft hand caressing her hair, the warm eyes staring into hers, the gentle breathing she feels on her neck, the tender hand exploring her body parts. She can feel how great is the man’s love to her. Too bad he needs to take off the suit only after few minutes she saw him in it. 

 

“Happy anniversary, my handsome man. I love you soooo much.” She whispered it to his ear.

“Happy anniversary, baby. I love you too.” He smiles looking at her eyes.

 

The loud alarm sound makes Taeyeon s for his smartphone. He opens his eyes to find an empty spot on his side. Tiffany was sleeping in his arms yesterday, after their making-out session. He was in seventh heaven last night, knowing that they’re not ually active and his wife gave her all to him. These days, they rarely did it once a week, and usually it happened once in fortnight. A married couple is considered as ually active if the average frequency of their ual is at least 3 times a week. He loves it when his wife is the one who initiate it and be dominant. He leaves their bedroom with only a short, revealing his chocolate abs which always attracts his wife ert eyes. He finds Tiffany is sleeping while sitting cross-legged on the sofa with laptop on her thighs. Seeing the revealed thighs in a silk nightgown makes him want to go for another round with his wife. He sits beside her, slowly moves the laptop away before his wife stretches her arms and yawns loudly.

 

“Huarghhhh!” 

 

Taeyeon is amazed on how someone can be cute and y at the same time. He cups Tiffany cheek before pecking on it. 

 

“Taetae.... What time is it?” She asks him while rubbing her eyes.

“It’s 6 a.m.. Have you finished your slide?” He wraps his hand on Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Hmm... Yeah..” She leans on him.

“I’m sorry baby.”

“For what?”

“I know you’re tired and haven’t finished your work yet... You know... Last night...”

“You don’t sound sorry at all. You smile!”

“Ahh.. Really? Can’t help but to grin thinking about how fierce of you last night. But I am really sorry I—“ Tiffany silents him with her lips. 

“You don’t have to. I’m the one who should apologize for not filling your needs as a wife. Besides.... I want it too, you know. I missed you so much, especially in bed.” She smirks. 

 

Tiffany’s statement makes him laugh. He tighten his hug, smelling the vanilla-scent from her body which he always longing for. Oh, how he wishes time can stop only for a day, so that he can spend his time with the pretty girl in his arms now. Becoming a doctor means your time is not fully yours. You have to give it to everyone who needs it, which sometimes, he regretted choosing this path. And that means, he also need to accept that his wife is not fully his. But one thing he can’t understand is, why Tiffany wants to live it that way? Being a surgeon is sure busy enough and yet she’s pursuing her career, which makes her busier more than usual. Isn’t she feels tired living in that way? 

 

“Taetae... Can’t I just quit?”

 

He is dumbfounded by Tiffany’s sudden question. Did she actually can read his mind? He caresses her back, trying to soothe her.

 

“Hm... Out of the blue? Why?”

“I don’t know... Just feels a little bit lost... I feel like 24 hours a day is not enough. I can’t spend my time with you like the old days. I always forget our important dates. On weekends we can’t have a date. I always arrive home when it’s supposed to be our kiss and cuddle time. I’m specialist, and you’re too. In fact, we’re in same profession. I’m supposed to be like you, coming home before the sun sets. But since pursuing my study, why did I feel like I always run out of time?” Her voice sounds weak.

“Hey hey baby, no. Don’t be like this. It’s your dream, remember?”

“It was. We don’t call it a dream anymore if we’re not happy with it. Right now my only dream is you.”

“You’ve got me, baby. I’m all yours. You can have me anytime. I don’t mind at all.” He gives her a sweet smile.

“But you can’t have me anytime. And you really don’t mind if I spent more time at hospital, with my research and students?”

 

Taeyeon looks away as hearing such questions. He went home before his wife. He eats alone in the large kitchen without his wife. He also went to bed by himself. ? They rarely did it unless he asks for it though Tiffany always fall asleep before the , too tired. She has intrauterine contraceptive device in her to prevent pregnancy. She said that she want to enjoy their honeymoon phase first before getting a baby, but she continued to use it since right now she’s chasing for professor title. It’s quite hassle to get pregnant while studying. But they’re not getting younger, later they will turn 38. Since both of them are doctors, they should aware that pregnancy over 35 is considered as high-risk pregnancy. He too sometimes thought he is not Tiffany’s priority anymore. Is he really doesn’t mind at all? The long pause is enough for Tiffany to get the answer. 

 

“I want to shower. You take yours while I prepare for breakfast okay? I’ll drive you to your hospital.” She gets up, leaving the sofa.

 

“Bye. Take care. Love you baby.” 

“Love you too, tae.”

 

Tiffany receives a kiss on her lips before her husband gets out of the car. She watches him until he reaches the entrance. It’s her routine sending him to work, as he still have phobia driving car. After returning from Harvard, Tiffany helps him to overcome the phobia and as a result, he now can ride on car. He is still training to drive but it stops since his wife is busy with her work. Tiffany is about to move her car when she saw a woman, looking much more younger than her, approaching her husband with a big smile. She looks at the woman from bottom to top. The skirt, no it’s not just skirt, it’s a short skirt revealing her white thighs. The shirt, the small shirt which can reveal her belly is she is to raise her hand. Are there no dress code for the doctors there? And most importantly, the smile. It’s not just a normal smile you give when you greet your colleagues, it’s a seducing smile. She watches her husband holds the door for that girl. There’s a weird thing she feels right now. Her heart screaming for jealousy.

 

Tiffany’s having the worst week ever. Her mind can’t stop thinking about the woman who seems close to her husband. At first she thought maybe she saw it wrong, but when she fetch her husband at the bus stop, that woman was also there waiting with him. Taeyeon was surprised seeing her there as he always took the bus to home since Tiffany usually finished her work late. The next day when she sent off her husband, the woman won’t get off her car until Taeyeon climbed the entrance’s stairs. And she always acted clumsy when approaching his husband like pretending to fall, carrying heavy documents, splitting coffee on Taeyeon’s shoes and too angry to be remembered. And of course her gentleman husband will help the woman no matter what. But it doesn’t matter, the main problem right now is someone’s trying to hit her husband. 

 

“Say, Dr. Steph?” A nurse broke her silence.

“Yeah?”

“Are you having problems right now?”

“Err... Why?”

“Because I swear God all I hear from you today is your sigh. If the patient is not in her sleep, she might think the surgery went wrong, you know?” Yoona interrupted.

“Ahh. Really? Tee-hee.” She grinned innocently.

 

She lost count on how many times she has sighing for today. Right now she just want to finish quickly the last surgery. Then she will pickup her husband and planning to go on a night date. But she dejected upon reading the text from her husband. Is this how Taeyeon always feels when she did the same thing?

 

“Baby, are you busy? Just wanna tell you tonight I’m not going home. Have to cover my senior’s shift. Love you baby.”

“Suddenly? Why?”

 

Taeyeon told her that he doesn’t need to stay at hospital anymore during on-call. He just need to standby at home. If there are orthopaedic patients, the emergency department doctors will refer him the patients and he will give treatment via phone call. He will visit the patients the next day during morning round. Unlike general doctors who need to stay until the next shift, specialists don’t need to do so. Because basically, general doctors receive all type of patients, they must treat the patients based on their competency and if it’s out of their level, they must refer the patients to other doctors who are more competent. As example, if a patient came with only open wound, a general doctor must be able to treat the wound, from debridement to stitch because it’s their competency. They must know how because it’s a basic skill. But, if a patient came with open wound and fractured bone, a general doctor should treat the wound and as for the fracture, they must refer the patient to an orthopaedic. The general doctors will consult the specialist on-call for first line treatment only and specialists will prescribe it based on the examination results by general doctors. That’s why specialists can change their treatment the next day once they see the patient themselves. Taeyeon is a specialist now, then why he needs to stay at hospital? 

 

“Aigoo my forgetful baby. I’ve told you months ago that my department is training a new resident. My boss choose me as her supervisor. Like the old days, you used to stay with me when I’m on night duty right? I’m doing the same.”

 

“Months ago? That means that wench already flirting with my husband for months?!!!” 

 

Luckily she is alone in her office, otherwise people might think her husband is cheating on her. No, she can’t let the woman thinks she’s winning. She has to do something.

 

She enters the emergency room while observing its surrounding. Compared to her workplace, this one is a little bit smaller with less patients. Right now is 8 p.m., usually it’s the peak hour of the emergency room at her hospital. She’s not used to see lots of empty be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter