final

Head in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bomi loves flying.

 

When she was younger, she thought she would be a pilot when she grew up. It always looked so cool on TV shows. She was probably about eleven when she tried researching what it would take for her to become a pilot. One article about a pilot crashing a plane scared her off from that career though. So instead of flying the plane, Bomi decided she would just be on it in another capacity.

 

Bomi has been a flight attendant for almost five years now, and although she knows her parents wish she had chosen something else, she loves her job. Sure, there’s the occasional , but Bomi wouldn’t trade getting travel like this for anything else.

 

After working her off these past few years, Bomi is finally working in first class and seeing the world. It’s even better because she gets to do all of this with her best friend, Eunji.

 

“Hey, I heard we have a full plane today,” Eunji says as she steps into the airline’s staff lounge. She smooths her hands over her skirt and offers a crooked smile, “Also, guess who’s on this flight?”

 

Bomi absently reaches out and fixes Eunji’s scarf around her neck and asks, “Who? Your girlfriend?”

 

“Not my girlfriend,” Eunji replies automatically, making Bomi roll her eyes. Eunji has been seeing some businesswoman from first class for almost four months now. Sure, they basically just go back to the woman’s hotel for , but Bomi knows for a fact that Eunji wouldn’t keep seeing her if she wasn’t at least a little interested. “Don’t give me that look,” Eunji says, flicking Bomi’s nose. “Chorong is off in Paris or something. I’m talking about your crush.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Bomi says, feeling her cheeks heat up immediately.

 

“No?” Eunji grins. “You know, the gorgeous model with long black hair and the longest legs I’ve ever seen?” Eunji leans in and continues teasingly, “The one you check on just about a billion times any time she’s on one of our flights?”

 

“Nope,” Bomi tries. She shakes her head, fighting the urge to fidget with her uniform. “No idea who you’re talking about.”

 

“What’s her name?” Eunji says. She taps her chin as she says, “Nayoung? Nayeon?”

 

“Naeun,” Bomi corrects without thinking. As soon as the name leaves , Bomi slaps a hand over her face. She can’t believe she actually fell for that. She tries to block out Eunji’s laughter, but it only makes Eunji’s laugh louder. “I hate you,” Bomi whines as she slumps back in her seat.

 

“You love me,” Eunji replies without missing a beat. “You have to because I’ll let you take care of Miss Son Naeun all on your own.” Eunji grins and tilts her head, saying, “I checked her Instagram earlier. Apparently, she’s going to Prague for some movie.”

 

Bomi actually already knows that because she may or may not follow Naeun on Instagram. So what? A lot of people do. She’s a famous model!

 

“That’s nice,” is all Bomi says.

 

Eunji looks disappointed by her lack of a reaction but thankfully leaves her alone until it’s time for them to board the plane. The two of them have been working together for three years now, so prepping for a flight together is seamless. They already know what they need to take care of and who will do what. 

 

“Want to greet or check on people as they sit?” Eunji asks as she messes with her skirt. She’s always complaining about the uniform, but Bomi thinks it’s cute.

 

“I’ll check on people,” Bomi tells her.

 

Eunji smirks, “Gives you more time to talk to Naeun too, right?”

 

“Go away,” Bomi replies flatly.

 

Eunji laughs and steps out into the entrance where first class will be entering.

 

The first few people who board aren’t familiar, but Bomi still greets them warmly and helps direct them to their seats. One of them has an awed look on their face, so it must be their first time in first class. Bomi holds back a giggle as she shows them how the seat works and all of their included amenities. Once she’s done with that, she goes back to helping the others who have boarded. She recognizes a few of them and greets them accordingly, feeling warm at their surprised smiles that she remembers them.

 

Bomi is helping an older gentleman with his things when Eunji suddenly elbows her and says, “I’ve got this. Will you help the woman in seat twelve?” She says it in her usual working voice, bright and cheerful, but Bomi notices something is off. 

 

Glancing at seat twelve, Bomi freezes when she sees Naeun settling down. She shoots Eunji a subtle glare and says, “Yes, of course. Please excuse me.” Taking a deep breath, Bomi walks over to Naeun. She wipes her suddenly sweaty palms on her skirt and plasters on a smile to hide her nervousness. “Hello, Miss Son, thank you for flying with us again,” Bomi greets the other woman.

 

Naeun looks up from her phone and flashes her a slight smile that sends Bomi’s stomach into a series of flips. “Hey,” Naeun says. “Bomi, right?”

 

“That’s me!” Bomi nods, wincing slightly at how eager her voice sounds. She clears then asks, “Is there anything I can get you? An extra pillow? Some champagne?”

 

“No thank you,” Naeun says with a tilt of her head and another smile. “But thank you for asking.”

 

“Of course,” Bomi says. “You’re one of our regulars, Miss Son. Gotta keep you happy.” Feeling a little bold, Bomi winks. Her heart leaps into when Naeun gives a small laugh in return. “Anyways, I’ll leave you alone to relax, Miss Son, but please let me know if there’s anything you need.”

 

“Thank you,” Naeun nods.

 

As soon as Bomi turns around, she lets her feelings take over her face, jaw dropping in shock. She didn’t expect Naeun to remember her name, let alone laugh at her wink. She blushes as she thinks about how pretty Naeun’s laugh is.

 

“How did it go?” Eunji asks her as soon as Bomi takes her seat for take-off. “I saw her smiling at you.”

 

“She was just being polite,” Bomi replies.

 

Eunji rolls her eyes, “Right, sure. It’s always just her being polite, like when she laughs at all your dumb jokes and talks to you for like half the fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter