Final

Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The concept of soulmates really amazed Kim Ryeowook ever since he was young. The thought of finding someone that is bound to you by soul, it sounds so fascinating to him. It gives Ryeowook a strong sense of belongingness.

 

He’s an only child and his parents passed when he was 16. One could say that he was clinging to this idea because he had no one else to hold on to.

 

Friends? Ryeowook has a ton. He’s incredibly popular as well But the more people he met, the more alone he felt. Yes, Ryeowook knows a lot of people but he was no one’s go to. He gets along with everyone but he doesn’t have a certain group he deemed he fits in. He wasn't remembered. He wasn't a part of anything. He was just...there.

 

He always dreamed of meeting ‘the one’ so he could feel what it’s like to finally have a place in someone’s life. He just desperately wishes to not be alone. However, as he grew up, his faith in soulmates quickly disappeared.

 

Ryeowook didn’t expect that most of the people considered it nothing but a tale. People just settled with whoever they felt the most stable. No one bothered to wait or to search for their soulmate anymore. Being with your bound person was so rare that Ryeowook hadn't met a single person in his 20 years of existence who found theirs.

He gave up with the hopes of finding his destined person when he reached 25. He focused on his career instead. The void in his heart became so normal that he learned how to live with it, accepting the fact that he might just end up like everybody else. Settling with what they have.

 

They say that when you meet your soulmate, you'll know immediately. Ryeowook found that silly. How can you just 'know it'? There must be at least something. At least one sign.

And then he met Cho Kyuhyun.



It was just another Sunday for Ryeowook. He went to a convenience store to buy his favorite coffee and go on with his day. It was a weekend so it was a bit crowded.

"Oh sorry." He apologized when he accidentally bumped his shoulder to a stranger.

"It's alright." The man said while he moved his gaze from picking a bottled water to look at Ryeowook.

The moment their eyes met the first time, Ryeowook finally understood what the saying meant.

His heart started beating so fast and he couldn't look away. It was like he was put under a trance and a powerful force was pulling him in. Something that he couldn't explain. It was like his mind and soul just told him,

He's the one.

It didn't take long for them to get together. Their friends didn't even question it because they were too amazed by the fact that a person they actually knew found their soulmate. And soulmates, they thought, was something unquestionable. It was something absolute. Ryeowook thought so too.

 

Every lie your soulmate tells you will be tattooed on your skin.

Not everyone was aware of this because soulmates were starting to become a forgotten tale. A child story that everyone grew out of.

When Ryeowook figured this out himself first hand, he didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think.

The first one appeared on his wrist. It was when Kyuhyun was late to one of their dates.

"It was traffic." Kyuhyun said when he arrived at the restaurant.

When it showed on his skin, Ryeowook felt a burning sensation. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter