a little story in a nursery

dribble drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"i have a crush on you" || 2kim

______

"kids!!," chaewon said as she claps her hand and asks for her students' attention. it's still 3 in the afternoon, an hour before dismissal, yet the kids are already done with all the tasks for the day. "do you want to hear a story?," all students avert their attention towards her and slowly came in circles. "this is a story of mine when i was in high school," chaewon added and now the babies are interested, glints in their eyes showing both curiosity and excitement. "do you want to hear it?," and the crowd agreed in unison. "alright," chae said smiling as she sits beside her students.

"it was during on my first year in high school. i came from a middle school far from my new school so i dont know any faces in there. it was tough at first yet i somehow managed to get close with my seatmate. first semester went fast, and i honesty cant remember what happened but i'm sure it was fun. something interesting happened in 2nd sem tho," chaewon pauses to see her kids' reaction. some are already bored however most are getting into it. she smiles and pats the closest student's head and continues.

"it was during an english class, last schedule for the morning class. most, including me, weren't listening-- it was boring and it was almost lunch time so obviously we were hungry," chaewon heard laughters hence she pauses a bit. "and you know what, class?," the kids looks a bit puzzled. "someone complimented me saying i am beautiful," the class is currently in awe, some throwing weak jabs at chaewon's shoulder and the young teacher just laughs.

-

chaewon is on her own world. at first look, you can tell she's listening to her teacher's "important" lessons however she's just actually dozing off. chaewon sits in the front row so she naturally developed a talent in acting. in the middle of her thoughts, she heard her classmate saying something. thanks to chaewon's extraordinary hearing senses, she couldn't hear a thing. she thinks it's directed to her so she ask for them to repeat, and there she got it. "you're so beautiful," chaewon is confuse yet she just take it as a joke and laughs it off. 

after that day though, she keeps on receiving a lot of compliments from the same person-- kim minju. minju, if you are to define in one word it will be mainstream. she's popular, beautiful, smart and well-liked. her circle of friends are already well-known both from the freshmen up to the seniors. they actually have friends in every grade. the girl is also in the broadcasting club and has history of winning competitions may it be local, national or even international level. she's really perfect. ofcourse, a princess like her wouldn't live without a prince. relationship status still unclear but everyone ships minju with jaewon. they apparently met several times in an annual press conference for writers. jaewon is a news writer who has a decent number of trophies gained. they both competed in their own categories and apparently got closer hence the shippings.

a certain afternoon in the month of september, minju asks for chaewon's time. the latter not minding at all immediately said yes, she's has nothing to do anyways. after all the classes ended, minju drag chaewon into the secluded part of the building. "chae, i think i have a crush on you," minju suddenly blurted out. chaewon was bewildered. not expecting a confession to come out like that and from a girl???? chaewon is too puzzled to answer so the conversation just ended like that. 

just arriving on her room, chaewon is on deep thought about what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter