One.

i love you but only because i'm under the influence of a love potion.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one.

two messy break ups caused this.

 

 

The chaos that ensued, and would probably be one if the most talked about potion mishap in one of Hogwarts' long history, started like this:

 

Kang Seulgi accidentally gave Im Jaebeom a love potion. And not just any love potion, but Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world.

 

Im Jaebeom, who has been Gryffindor's Quidditch captain since last year and has effortlessly groomed the whole squad to be a formidable, undefeated team. Im Jaebeom, who was Seulgi's date in Yule Ball in their fourth year. Im Jaebeom, who has just went through a messy breakup with Jennie Kim, his girlfriend of two years.

 

And it all happened because of two messy breakups.


 

*



 

"God, if I have to endure through another day of History of Magic, I think my head would explode." Kim Minseok mutters as throngs of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students burst out of the classroom.

 

From Minseok's right, Kang Seulgi rolls her eyes. "You always say that everytime we finish the class but your head is still intact."

 

"For now." Minseok replies.

 

At that statement, Moon Byulyi let out a scoff. “Wait until we have to do the essay later. Your head would explode for sure.”

 

"It's not that bad." Son Wendy chirps in. "In fact, I had fun studying the war between wizards and goblins, it's very bloody."

 

"Only you would say that." Kim Junmyeon huffs with annoyance clear in his voice.

 

"Yah, other Ravenclaws enjoy History of Magic except you, Junmyeon." Wendy replies, running her fingers through her blue badge which she always wore proudly.

 

But Junmyeon shakes his head. "Sorry, Wendy, you've got it wrong. So far, you're the only person in our House that enjoys History of Magic."

 

Seulgi grimaces as they climb down the steps that lead them to the Great Hall. "History of Magic is the worst." she mutters, despite the pout on Wendy's face. "I think even the bloodiest and terrifying goblin attack sounded like a bedtime story when-"

 

"Whoa, what is this commotion?" Moonbyul blurts, cutting Seulgi off.

 

Just as they climb down the last steps, they’re greeted by a large group of students crowding over something they can’t quite see. It’s quite an inconvenience, really, because this is the hallway that leads directly to the Great Halls, where lunch has awaited them and Seulgi, after enduring three hours of History of Magic, wants nothing else other than to eat.

 

She tries to see past the students’ head, but she can’t quite pinpoint the cause of this commotion. Faintly, though, she can hear the sound of yellings drowned by the buzzing of other students.

 

"You're always so emotional, you're like a child!" a girl screams, anger and rage raw in her voice.

 

Adjusting the messenger bag on his shoulder, Minseok groans. "I just want to eat my lunch…"

 

"Well if you actually talk for once and not be passive aggressive maybe we can communicate like adults!"

 

It was then when Seulgi spotted a tall figure with raven colored hair that fell gloriously to his neck and the streak of red on his robe.

 

"Yah, Seulgi, it's your Yule Ball date." Wendy comments, glancing at Jaebeom.

 

"You don't have to bring it up everytime a topic about Jaebeom comes up, you know?" Seulgi snaps, however the blush spreading on her cheeks betray her.

 

"Adults?" Jennie Kim repeats, tossing back her luxurious, thick brunette hair in a way that is so sassy and would be painfully cringe if someone else did that but since it's Jennie, she manages to exude the desired dramatic and intimidating effect. "How dare you throw those words when you've been acting like a five year old? Yeah, that's what you are, Im Jaebeom, a whiny toddler who'd throw a tantrum if the world doesn't go your way!"

 

It’s highly inappropriate considering the situation but Seulgi can’t help but marvel at Jaebeom. His hair has definitely grown longer these past few years and she spots three piercings, one on his nose and two under his left eyes.

 

“Are those piercings? Is that even allowed here?” Wendy’s eyes widen when she follows Seulgi’s gaze. “Seulgi, don’t tell me you have the hots for that.”

 

“Wendy!” Seulgi hisses, tugging at the other girl’s sleeves in warning because there are many Slytherins here and the last thing Seulgi wants is to be on Jennie’s bad side.

 

Minseok rolls his eyes as he pulls Seulgi to move faster. “He probably got that special treatment since Professor Jinyoung adored him so much.”

 

Moonbyul let out a laugh as they tried to make their way past the students. “I can’t believe they’re fighting in public. What if one of the teachers caught them?”

 

“Instant detention, I think.” Junmyeon deadpans before politely asking a group of first graders to make way for them. “Wasn’t Jennie the girl who wanted to ask Jongin out during our fourth grade, but Soojung beat her to it? Boy, she must’ve regretted dating Jaebeom. I heard from Chanyeol and Jongin he’s a total killer during Quidditch practise.”

 

Minseok rolls his eyes as he clutches his bag closer to his body, "You're such a gossiper, it's a wonder why Irene would want to date you." he says, looking away from the fighting couple. “Besides, Quidditch season is coming soon, of course he’d be killer about it.”

 

“In his defense, I think Junmyeon’s penchant for gossipping only increased after he dated Irene.” Seulgi mutters, nearly tripping over a seventh grader’s feet and she spluttered a hurried ‘sorry’.

 

They’re closer to the center of commotion now and Seulgi can finally get a better look of Jaebeom and Jennie. She spots Jackson trying to pull Jaebeom back, but the latter seems unfazed. Jennie has her own group of Slytherin girls behind her, all glaring daggers at Jaebeom.

 

“I’m the childish one?” Jaebeom fires back, yanking his hand away from Jackson’s grip. “Go look at yourself in the mirror, Jennie. You’re spoiled and demanding and threw a fit every time people can’t seem to read your stupid mind!”

 

Jennie gasps. “I hate you so much Im Jaebeom, this is why I broke up with you!”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widen and so do her friends. Moonbyul let out a surprised gasp. “They broke up?”

 

Minseok shakes his head. “Well, looking at how adamant they are in throwing the meanest insults to each other, it’s quite obvious, isn’t it?”

 

“Oh, shoot.” Junmyeon’s eyes widen. “Professor Yunho’s coming, let’s scramble now.” he says, spotting the Ravenclaw Head of House climbing down the stairs, looking very unpleased with what he found.

 

“What is the meaning of this?” his voice booms across the halls.

 

Instantly, the students disperse and Seulgi quickly follows her friends, not turning back until they’re all inside the Great Hall. She can faintly hear the older professor shouting something that sounds like ‘immature’ and ‘detention’ but Seulgi could care less. The mouthwatering scent of chicken and beef presented on the tables are enough to steal her attention.

 

“They’re screwed. Yunho can be strict when he wants to and he’s certainly not impressed with Jaebeom’s stupid piercings.” Wendy mutters, straightening herself as she scans the tables, her eyes light up when she spots a long haired girl making her way to them. “Irene!” she greets, waving her hands excitedly.

 

Irene looks at them questioningly. “Where were you guys? Chanyeol nearly burned his ear trying to do a pyromancy spell, you should’ve seen him! I’m almost tempted to cut a few points but since he made me laugh and we’re both Gryffindors, I decided to let this one slide.”

 

Junmyeon quickly straightens his robe before smiling at his girlfriend. “Funny you should say that, Miss Prefect,” he teases and instantly wincing when Irene playfully punches his shoulder. “Your pupil was causing a commotion in the hallways earlier, I’m almost surprised you’re not there to stop him.”

 

But Irene only waves her hands dismissively. “They broke up yesterday, fighting in front of Gryffindor Common Room and it’s a mess. Jaebeom won’t stop sulking and he sat in the common room all night long. From what I’ve heard, Jennie hasn’t been the most understanding of Jaebeom’s Quidditch schedules and demands him to spend more time with her. Honestly, I just think they don’t suit each other that much and it’s time for them to break up.”

 

“Wow.” Moonbyul mutters. “I’m sort of tempted to hear what the Slytherins got to say about this.”

 

“Can’t we talk about that later? I’m hungry.” Seulgi pouts.

 

She’s not that hungry, really, but it just doesn’t feel right prying when they’re not even that close to Jaebeom or Jennie in the first place. Well, maybe Irene is, but it still doesn't sit right with her.

 

“Right, let’s just go to our table.” Minseok nods and Seulgi follows him to the Hufflepuff table, arching her eyebrows questioningly at Junmyeon, Wendy, and Irene when she notices they’re following her, Moonbyul, and Minseok.

 

“Our table.” Seulgi repeats, “Don’t you guys understand?”

 

Irene shrugs, “Come on, it’s not like you never sat on Gryffindor’s table.”

 

Luckily, there’s quite an empty space in Hufflepuff’s table and Irene, Wendy, and Junmyeon sit as if they’ve belonged here since they’re in their first grade. It’s not that uncommon for students to sit at another House’s table for lunch, since the rivalry between the four Houses has simmered into a more healthy one. Junmyeon, Wendy, Moonbyul, and Irene are still talking about Jaebeom and Jennie’s feud, but Seulgi’s mind has long left that topic (and Jaebeom’s long hair as well) when she sees the assortments of food on the table.

 

Wordlessly, she starts eating her roasted chicken and smoked beef, ignoring her surroundings. She has Potions after this and god knows she’d need energy for that particular class.

 

“Calm down, Seulgom, you’re gonna choke yourself eating like that.” Minseok chastises her, pulling away a goblet filled with water that sits just too close to Seulgi’s elbows.

 

“I’m hungry.” Seulgi replies, as graceful as she can be with a mouth full of chicken.

 

However, that short moment of peace disappears when she spots two girls with green in their robes approaching. With identical mischievous smiles on their face, Park Joy and Kim Yeri ease themselves easily into Seulgi’s sides, ignoring the protests from Minseok.

 

“You’ve got to hear the latest gossip.” Joy grins from ear to ear as she exchanges glances with Yeri.

 

But Minseok waves his hands dismissively. “If this is about Jennie and Jaebeom we’ve heard about it from Irene.”

 

“But I’m interested to know what the Slytherins have to say regarding this matter,” Moonbyul smiles brightly, giving Joy and Yeri the full opportunity to shine. “Irene said Jaebeom feels like Jennie’s too demanding.”

 

“I wouldn’t blame Jennie, honestly.” Yeri shrugs, running her fingers through her light brown locks. “Do you know Jaebeom has cancelled three dates because he really wants to prepare the team for the upcoming Quidditch season. Jaebeom’s really pressed about beating Hufflepuff, you know? Especially since you got appointed as the team captain, Minseok.”

 

This seems to pique Minseok’s interest because he looks up from his lunch to glance at the Slytherin girl. “Me?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter