The Perfect Height

The Perfect Height
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Out of all Treasure, Mashiho was the shortest. Speaking in numbers, he and Haruto were the only two members who didn’t belong to the one-meter-and-seventy-something club. Himself was 1,69 -so close and yet so far away- and Haruto… that boy was in another club entirely: the codiced one-meter-eighty-something club. He was mature enough to admit being envious of his height but at the same time he felt proud and happy for him. Ruto had a bright future in the industry being so tall and handsome, and so young.

 

He had little chances of a growth spurt after joining Treasure since he was already 18. But his beloved younger teammates had many, and they took them all. Little and cute ones like Doyoung and Jeongwoo were fast to grow tall and leave  him so behind, and let’s not talk about Junghwan, please. Haruto, again, surpassed every expectation.

 

So yeah, he had moments when he was a little bitter about his height. This was one of those, brooding in his bed looking at their group pics and debut’s merchandise on his phone. He was always sitting or crouching but there wasn’t a full group photo where he was standing straight or in line with the others. And he knew he was being unjust to Hyunsuk too, his leader was the second shortest, but it was something he just couldn’t help.

 

Suddenly his phone started vibrating, waking him up from his bitter thoughts signaling an incoming call from “Junkyu~hyung”. This was a normal occurrence, seeing that the koala like boy found texting a hassle.

 

“Hyung?” Mashiho answered his phone with a voice that was kind of rough, considering he was in his bed in his free time, and more than a little ready to take a nap.

 

“Hello Mashi~” Junkyu greeted him cutely and sounded really excited from his end of the call. “Hey I ordered sushi from that place you liked the other day. Want to come over to my dorm so we can eat together?”

 

“Uh…” Mashiho took on his appearance, being in his pajamas and having a grumpy face wasn’t exactly his best look. And his actual mood was a little off. “I’m not so sure Junkyu-hyung, I was kind of getting ready for a nap”

 

“Really? You don’t sound like you’re hundred percent okay. Are you being honest Mashi?” Junkyu’s voice immediately took on a worried tone and Mashiho cursed internally. “I’m coming to your room”

 

“Hyung wait!” But Junkyu had already hung up and Mashiho was left in a dumbfounded state until there was a knock on his door.

 

“Mashi~ Can I come in?” 

 

“Sure Junkyu-hyung” Junkyu got into his room and just looked at him from beside the door, holding a bag that evidently contained sushi.

 

“What’s wrong Mashi?” Junkyu put the bag aside, careful not to disturb the almost perfect order in Mashiho's room. He was wearing casual clothes, just a lilac hoodie and light blue jeans, he just looked soft and cute.

 

“It’s nothing”

 

“It can’t be nothing if it’s bothering yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter