second

on the verge of dying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone noticed the almost inaduable creeking sound from the now opening door, the room is so silent for them not to do so. The heavy and sad atmosphere getting a little bit livelier. Eyes now filled with hope, hearts throbbing out of anticipation, bodies shaking a little from nervousness and lips not able to spit out any words. Everyone just stare at the door as it slowly reveals the figure it has been hiding behind an unknown silhoutte. Time moving exeptionally slow-- as if it has stopped. "Oh.. maybe it's the prof..," Yena said trying to ease up the tension that is slowly building up. Hope getting crushed, everyone slowly tilt their heads downward. Smiling bitterly as they realize Yena has a point. It's dumb for them to expect something when everything has been over minutes ago.

or is it really is??

 

----------------------

 

Minju woke up from her beeping alarm, so annoying, she thought. Still drowsy, she woobly stands up and prepares for school. It's her first day in high school and for real she thought she'd be excited as hell just some days ago but now she just want to drown underwater or sleep until next year maybe. Despite the heavy feeling of unwillingness, Minju successfully got out of her apartment. Tired feet not wanting to walk even with the short distance to the school find their way to the unfamaliar decently big blue bus. Stepping her first step, she feels her world slows up. Examining the interior, she awes. Minju admits she might be really into some arts or what, but she thinks this bus has some grand yet simply minimalistic interiors. From a kid chasing a butterfly in a free grassy hill to a vision of someone in a skyscraper or a two digit storey building showing the beautiful luminous neon signs and twinkling city lights at night. The diversity of the design is really beyond what everyone would expect, it's just a public bus yet it feels lilke you're riding a moving museum. Minju decided to continue riding this bus and even took down the number of it and the time it would pass over the nearby bus stop. Walking pass the pastel mint chairs, she's still continues to awe. Settling on the second to the last chair on the right corner, she examines the texture and further design the seats have. The soft texture the foams in the chairs is really comfortable, not to mention the different phases of moon designed on it. Wow, the details.. Minju thought as she continues getting ammused over the little details she would notice unconsciously. The bus halts as it reaches her school, ending her semi and unplanned sightseeing. Minju plugs her earphones before going down. Now walking towards the gymnasium where the orientation would take place, she arrived in no time. Drowsiness takes over as soon as she sits in one of the pre-prepared plain white chairs. Feeling the boredom the overall design of the stage gives, the loud and uncomfortable noise from the crowd, Minju closes her eyes, which she fails to open not until the the program ends. Seemingly satisfied with her little adventure in the dreamland, Minju stands up and stretches then left. 

In the mood for a walk, she finds herself walking into different routes--also aiming to find her room. The lack of student is really helping her introverted making it much easier for her to do a mini tour without any interruption and in an ease manner. Minju hops, startled from a sudden trail of laughter. It's scary considering the fact that there's no students to be seen but she admits it's somewhat healing and really refreshing. It's from two people and she really love a particular voice from them--a soft one, unlilke the other, it's barely audible and it's really cute. Trying to find the cause, Minju looks around. She finds an ash-blonde colored hair woman a bit taller than the short light orange haired girl on her 8-o'clock. She's sure it's them, and one of them owns the voice I'd never get tired of listening. 

Minju finds herself in one of the seats the bus she previously got on have. Still ammused but not to the point that her world would stop moving unlike earlier. She opens the window and lets the fresh air ruffles her hair. As she looks outside, she notice the leaves turning orange-like hue, fall is coming. She also notice bunch of students in the sidewalk; some laughing out loud, some just focusing on their own business, and some walking and examining their surroundings the same way Minju is doing. The girl gasp a little as she saw a familiar figure at the side, seemingly humming to whatever song she's listening to. Her facade looks so peaceful, and she's really looking so pretty and cute. Some ray of sunlights escaped and landed on the short-haired cub's face. Highlighting the features Minju is dying to look at in a closer view. Light brown eyes, looking dead yet calm, lips cutely moving with the beat of the song, hands intact on her hoodie making her figure look much more smaller and the puffy cheeks getting puffier whenever she whistles.Cute, I have more reason to continue riding on this bus ig. Minju thought as she grins.

 

Time passed like a jetplane moving on its max speed, and Minju is now a third grader. Her high school life is pretty much lonely, only having Wonyoung and Yujin as her accompany. Whenever she hangs out with her cousin, Wonyoung, Yujin would always tag on so they naturally became closer. Minju admits both are really fun to be with but they're on different grade levels so they couldn't hang out as much, they eat lunch together nevertheless. Over those time, Minju still goes on her routine-- riding the same bus on the same time. Now walking to the nearby bus stop as the school has ended minutes ago, Minju hums to her favorite song, "Up." She quickly sits on her usual spot as soon as she set her first step on the familiar floor the same bus have, not wasting any time to begin her semi-tour. It has been two years yet she hasn't grew tired of these designs. Satisfied with her short sightseeing, Minju smiles. She averts her attention on the now falling yellow, orange and brown leaves. Opening a bit of the window to feel the cold breeze of fall, she grins wider but pauses a bit when she notice the delay. The bus should have taken off by now, she thought. She looks on the driver, trying to find the reason behind the delay only to find the art she's been looking for among the bunch of students walking on the sidewalk. Her heart starts beating faster as she met the girl's gaze, evading swiftly she feels her cheeks getting redder. Minju tries distracting herself by looking at the people falling in line at the nearby cafe but the sight of the orange haired girl is still completely visible on her peripheral view. The bus is almost full and Minju can see the other girl sitting right behind the driver. She might have stare too much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter