Impossible to miss

And so it was, like looking in a mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: One of my Joohyun/Seulgi/Irene plots, where it’s noticed that Joohyun who is Seulgi’s current gf bares an obvious resemblance to Irene,  Seulgi’s ex fiancé. So hopefully it turns out okay, enjoy.


 


 

Kang Seulgi woke up to the feeling of someone placing their arms around her from behind, in an attempt to spoon her. Seulgi laughs, amused by the fact that the shorter woman is even trying to do such a thing. Seulgi turns to look at the gorgeous woman who has this soft smile on her face. Seulgi gently pushes light brown locks away from her pale face. 

 

“What are you doing, hm?” Seulgi asks, tenderly.

 

“Just because you’re taller than me, that doesn’t mean I can’t spoon you.”

 

Seulgi stares at her girlfriend, examining her face, as if committing each and every line, feature, curve of her big brown eyes as they formed pretty crescent shapes to her memory. She then traces her fingers over the full and soft pink lips before leaning over to kiss the woman on the lips. 

 

“That is true, but good morning, Hyunnie.” 

 

Hyunnie or Joohyun, smiles at her. The brunette gently touches a tanned cheek, as if it’s now her turn to fully examine her face, and commit the sharp monolids, cute round cheeks, and pretty pink lips. Kang Seulgi, her gorgeous girlfriend, whom she loves very much, and has recently moved in with after a full year of dating, is smiling at her too with such a soft expression that makes her equally soft.

 

“Good morning, Seul.” 

 

Seulgi wraps her arms completely around the shorter woman, holding her tightly, with Joohyun placing her arms around Seulgi’s waist. 

 

“It’s a good morning now, because I’m looking at your beautiful face.”

 

“Flirting with me at this early in the morning, are you in a good mood, or do you just want me to get up and make breakfast.”

 

Seulgi laughs at that and shakes her head in the negative. “I just really like waking up to you, with you here in my place, or rather our place, with me, Joohyun. Nothing more than that.”

 

Seulgi is such a sweet talker, made sweeter by the fact that she is honest too, that way Joohyun always believes her when she speaks. They were introduced by a mutual friend of theirs, and that one date led them to several more before eventually becoming a couple. Joohyun, personally, hadn't been looking for romance at the time her friend suggested she meet Seulgi. Fortunately, Seulgi had similar thoughts. She wasn’t looking for any romance either, saying she had a long term relationship that ended badly, months prior to meeting Joohyun. They were both not looking for anything or anyone, which was precisely the reason they found one another.

 

“Sometimes, you find the best things when you’re not looking.” had been Seulgi’s words to her when they realized how they were actually feeling about one another, and decided to just throw caution to the wind, and take a chance on a relationship. It turned out to be the best decision either of them made, only leading them to a relationship that worked out so well for them. Now, here they are a full year later, Joohyun all moved in with her. It was an adjustment period at first, seeing another pair of slippers beside hers, or the fact that they had to rearrange things to make sure there was enough room for Joohyun’s things too. They managed, and made it work, and for Seulgi there is nothing like coming home to Joohyun, or for Joohyun to come home to her after a day of work, and even better when they somehow make it home together at the same time, immediately greeting each other with a hug or kiss. Seulgi hasn’t been this happy with someone in a long time.

 

“Okay, sweet talker. Now that you’ve set the sweet mood. I hate to turn it otherwise, but I do need to talk to you.”

 

Seulgi nods, having an idea of what Joohyun wants to discuss. It’s one of the only things they do discuss lately. Not that the monolid woman can blame her in any way.

 

“Why haven’t I met your friends, hm? Sooyoung, Yerim, or Seungwan. It’s been a year, and as nice as they all seem when we talk on the phone, it would be nice to meet my girlfriend’s friends in person, baby.”

 

“They’re dangerous, Hyun. Very dangerous people I fear for your safety.”

 

“Haha, so funny, Seul. Seriously, I’d like to meet them, and the last time we spoke they wanted to meet me too. What did they say, you remember?”

 

Seulgi sighs. “We want to meet your mysterious girlfriend who may or may not even exist, we could be talking to a robot for all we know, so bring her over for dinner soon.”

 

“Exactly.” Joohyun smiles and kisses her lips softly. “They really might think I’m a robot if you don’t let me meet them. I love you, I want to know everything about you, baby. I want to meet your friends, the people you care about, and who care about you.”
 

Seulgi goes silent for a moment as she appears to be in deep thought. It’s not so much that she doesn’t want for Joohyun to meet her friends. Her friends will often ask about her, and their relationship, because they are not used to not knowing who Seulgi is with, and with her former relationship they were all very close to her ex, and even still remain friends with her, though they did want to make sure it was okay to stay friends with her ex too. Seulgi assured them all that she had no issues if they wanted to remain friends just because her former partner and her are no longer together. Her focus is solely on Joohyun anyway, and building their life together.

 

“Honey?” She hears Joohyun ask, the brunette gently pushes some of her dark locks away from her face. “What’s the matter? We can invite them here if you want, on our terms, in our place?”
 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll call them and ask when they’re next free, we can probably meet at Soo and Yerim’s house. We usually have the majority of our gatherings there.”

 

“They're married friends, right?”

 

“Yeah, they’re married. Soo is a veterinarian and Yerim is a songwriter. They’re silly but really nice. Seungwan is my best friend since high school, and she has this really great restaurant and a bakery too. But, they can tell you more about themselves in person.”

 

“I am looking forward to meeting them, call them when you can, and let me know. Now that the major business is handled for today, I will make us breakfast.”
 

“It was my turn to make breakfast, Hyunnie, remember?” Seulgi smiles and touches her hand before Joohyun can fully get up from the bed.

 

“It’s okay, I don’t mind.” Joohyun leaves a kiss on the side of her forehead. “I’ll be right back, baby.”

 

Seulgi is soon left alone in bed and she uses that time to call Sooyoung first, since more than likely the meeting will be at her and Yerim’s house. It’s Yerim though that answers her wife’s phone, nothing particularly unusual about that.

 

“What, you mean you’re really going to bring your girlfriend! The one who is possibly a robot.”

 

Seulgi laughs. “She’s not a robot, Yerimie.”

 

“That’s what you say, but yeah, come by this weekend, Saturday because that’s when Seungwan will be free too. We’ll have lots of food, and it’ll be fun. We’re just happy you are happy, Seul.”

 

“I am, I’m very happy.”

 

“Good…” Yerim stops talking because of laughter. “Soo, if you don’t stop. I’m not banging you first thing in the morning, not after I ended you last night.”

 

“Guys, really?” Seulgi shakes her head. “I don’t need to hear about your wild life.”
 

“It’s not wild.” Sooyoung can be heard saying. “Not really, anyway, bring your girlfriend, Seul. We really want to meet her.”

 

“I will, thanks guys. Talk to you soon, let me know if I need to bring over anything.”

 

The call doesn’t last much longer after that. Seulgi calls Seungwan, hoping that her friend isn’t busy or anything. Her schedule can be rather hectic with her business. But she is relieved when Seungwan answers.

 

“Hey, best friend. You’re up early, what’s going on?”

 

“Hey, Wannie. I wanted to let you know this Saturday, I’ll be bringing Joohyun over to meet you all, we’ll meet at Soo and Yerim’s house.”

 

A sudden loud gasp is heard. “Are you serious? We’re finally going to meet your Joohyun, after like a century?”

 

Seulgi laughs out loud. “Stop, it’s not been anywhere near that.”

 

“Well, close enough. We were doubting her existence for a moment. I can’t wait to meet her, I’ll bring a cake, what sort of desserts does she like? Oh, I’ll figure it out, nevermind. But seriously, I am so happy for you that you’re happy. I know it was rough for a while, after you and Irene ended things.”

 

And there it goes, the main reason, or the only reason why she hasn’t yet brought Joohyun over to meet everyone. Her breakup with Irene was, for lack of better word, rough. It was one of the hardest experiences in her life, and Seulgi for a moment thought she would never be able to love anyway again. 

 

“Yeah, but that was more than a year ago, we’ve all moved past that. Okay, Wannie. I’ll see you soon, bring something with chocolate, alright?”

 

“Seul…” She stops, probably not wanting to bring up Irene again to her, or sorry she did. “Sure, something with chocolate, you got it. Take care,  Seul.”

 

Seulgi sits up in bed thinking. It’s not like she’s sitting around pining over Irene or anything like that. But they were indeed together for years and Irene was her first serious relationship. It is still somewhat awkward, though they don’t even talk. Whenever she sees her friends it’s always separately. And sometimes, she’ll flashback to their breakup, and how she never wants anything like that to happen again, not now that she’s so in love with Joohyun.

 

(Flashback)
 

Seulgi was exhausted, whether it was from work, or the fact that her relationship was falling apart before her very eyes. Kang Seulgi was tired and she was reaching a breaking point. She wasn’t the only one, though, as she could feel Irene’s eyes on her, practically staring holes into her body.

 

“I don’t want to fight with you, Rene.” Seulgi begins, hoping this wouldn’t be a terrible fight. All she wanted to do was see if they could resolve things, peacefully, hopefully with them coming to a conclusion that works for them.

 

“I don’t want to fight with you either, Seul. I just don’t think you understand how important this is to me. I have this amazing opportunity and it would mean a lot more money, job wise. We can even maybe put that down payment on the house we were talking about, so much good will come from this job opportunity.”

 

Seulgi understands how important this is for her. Irene who has been working hard for years at her job to get such a promotion like this, where she’ll be making even more money. The thing is Irene’s job will take her out of the city, she’d have to move, and Seulgi can’t just easily pack up and go.

 

“Rene, I know how important this is for you. I just don’t think you understand I can’t just go, it’s not possible for me to just pack up and leave my job. You’re being selfish, babe.”

 

Irene looks livid and hurt too. How can Seulgi say she’s being selfish when she’s been working for them too. This promotion isn’t only for her but for them, for their future.

 

“How can you say that to me? This is for us, or did you forget we had plans. Did you forget we have a wedding to plan too, how else are we supposed to just pay for things, money doesn’t just grow magically, baby.”

 

“Yes, but it’s not everything. You’re so focused on money and work, that you aren’t even thinking about the bigger picture, how we’re basically falling apart, fighting all the time, and I don’t think you’ll ever see what I’m saying.”

 

The shorter woman pauses, looking like she’s trying her best to not scream or cry. Seulgi knows her fiance though and when she’s hurt she reacts impulsively or in a bad way.

 

“Then what the hell are you saying, you don’t want to marry me anymore, is that it? Because if that’s what you want, then you should say so.”

 

It may sound cold but Seulgi knows it’s all coming from a place of hurt. But when two people are both equally hurt, nothing good can come out of it.

 

“I don’t know, Rene.”

 

Because that was not the answer Irene wanted to hear, and because she was so hurt, along with that anger. Her reaction was to not let Seulgi see how very hurt she was by making sure she did this first, before it could be done to her.

 

“I’ll make the decision for you then, here!” She takes off the engagement ring and throws it at the slightly taller woman. “Take it back, forget the whole wedding for that matter.”

 

(End)

 

It took some time for Seulgi to let that hurt go, mostly because she knew Irene didn’t do those things for any other reason other than the fact she was hurt. When people are hurt they hurt others, and Seulgi made peace with everything, not placing the full blame on Irene. Both of them took part in their relationship, the beginning and it’s end. Seulgi believes that everything happens for a reason and had it not happened, she certainly wouldn’t have met and fallen in love with Joohyuh, which there is indeed a reason why she didn’t want to introduce her girlfriend to her friends just yet, but now it was coming sooner than she had ever thought.

 

“Baby?” She hears Joohyun and feels her arms wrapped around her shoulders from behind. Seulgi must have been zoning out so much that she didn’t notice Joohyun came back.

 

“Hey, you finished making breakfast already?”

 

“I did, are you ready to go eat? Come on, you must be hungry right now.” She gets off the bed first, takes one of Seulgi’s hands, and pulls her up off the bed too. Immediately, Seulgi places her arms around the shorter woman, and holds her close. Joohyun wonders if there is anything wrong, and so she reaches up to the monolid woman’s face, gently caressing her cheeks. Joohyun is always so gentle, sweet, loving, and even if they have their disagreements or arguments, as any couple will. They resolve everything with communication, talking, not yelling over each other, and always giving the appropriate space if needed so there’s minimal chance of saying anything either one of them would regret. It was a welcome change from her past relationships of fighting without proper communication. Joohyun herself was a welcome change.

 

“I’m okay, Hyunnie. But I do hope your schedule is clear for this Saturday. We can have dinner with my friends, it’s all set up.”

 

The brunette’s smile shows Seulgi how happy she is just to be included more in her life, and Seulgi does want to make sure she feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter