They were requests, not demands

Girlfriend's Birthday Demands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Happy Joy Day! I thought maybe I really shouldn’t write bday fics anymore because they are getting harder and harder to not be boring, lame, or repeats lol. But still, I adore Joy, she is a great person, and so I will do my best to make this fic good. It’s basically the idea of Joy giving gf Yerim a whole list of demands that she would like fulfilled on her bday, so should be fun/sweet I hope. Happy birthday to our one and only Park Sooyoung 


 


 

Kim Yerim was minding her business half asleep on the couch in the apartment she shared with her girlfriend Park Sooyoung when the sound of something crashing from their bedroom startled her out of her semi-sleep state.

 

“Soo?” She calls out. “What’s going on?”

 

“Nothing, everything’s fine.”

 

Yerim shrugs and closes her eyes again, and gets all of a minute of sleep before the sound of something crashing again alerts her.

 

“Soo, what the heck are you doing!”

 

“Nothing, don't worry about anything.”

 

“How can I not when you’re making so much noise?”

 

Yerim closes her eyes again only her rest doesn’t last long because suddenly the weight of her girlfriend is covering her and soft full lips are on hers.

 

“Soo, I’m trying to sleep...now what is…”

 

Yerim’s eyes open and focus on the pretty dark-haired woman on top of her. Sooyoung with her bright brown eyes and full lips slightly pouty as she stares down at her girlfriend. If Yerim didn’t think she had wanted to say something or ask for something then she surely knew so now. 

 

“Um…”

 

“Oh you’re up, great.”

 

“I’m up now.” 

 

“Yes, good you’re up. Now we can talk properly.”

 

“Is this about all that noise you were making in the room.”

 

“What noise, there was no noise. Anyway, I’ve got something to show you.”

 

“Okay, this should be good.”

 

Yerim has no idea what’s about to happen next. With her girlfriend, whom she has known for a long time, and dating for what often feels like forever, it can be just about anything. What she didn’t expect was for Sooyoung to drop a book on her stomach.

 

“Hey, what the hell!”
 

“Open the book, baby.”

 

Yerim sighs and sits up and prepares to open the book, which upon closer inspection she can see it’s a handmade book, something that must have taken Sooyoung a long time to make since it’s really well done, and then she sees the red ink.

 

“Really?”

 

“What, you know I love red. Now, read the book.”

 

The taller woman even wraps her arms around her shoulders, and leans her head in the crook of the Yerim’s neck. To the outside eye it looks like any girlfriend being affectionate with her girlfriend. But Yerim knows she’s just waiting for her reaction to this book. Once Yerim got past the red ink everywhere and started to read what it actually said. She nearly dropped the book out of her hand.

 

“Soo, are you serious about this!”

 

“Yes.” The dark-haired woman nods eagerly. “It’s not all that big a deal, you know. You can totally do these things for me.”

 

“I can’t believe you wrote a whole book based on demands you want for your birthday.”

 

Yerim wants to say she is surprised, but in reality she isn’t all that surprised. This is such a Sooyoung thing to do, it really is.

 

“Well, it’s going to be my birthday so I want my girlfriend to shower me with love and affection in whatever way I want, is that really so much to ask.”

 

Yerim isn’t saying anything. She’s too busy skimming through the pages of the book. Sooyoung pokes her cheek, there’s no response. She kisses Yerim’s cheeks several times, there is no response. Sooyoung even takes to playing with her pink locks, again nothing happens.

 

“Yerimie!”

 

“You want me to make an announcement in public that I love you?” Yerim reads.

 

“Yes, it’s one of my requests. It doesn’t matter where as long as it’s in public and full of people who can witness, preferably people we know, but details, details.”
 

Yerim keeps turning the pages and finds herself shaking her head more and more at these list of birthday demands. Yerim then closes the book and puts it down.

 

“Nope, I won’t be doing any of that.” Yerim is of course, teasing. She will adhere to Sooyoung’s demands, as this is her girlfriend whom she loves, and Sooyoung is a very sweet and caring girlfriend. The kind of girlfriend who will protect you with everything she has, and make you feel like the most special person in her world. The least Yerim can do is make sure her birthday demands are met on her birthday.

 

“Great, now…” The dark-haired woman frowns and crosses her arms over her chest when she realizes that Yerim said she won’t be doing any of her demands. Does Sooyoung have to end up getting rid of a girlfriend here, because she just might have to consider doing so.

 

“Yerim, this is serious. This is my birthday that only comes once a year, and you are the love of my life, yes?”
 

“Um….” Yerim purposely acts like she isn’t sure since it is fun to mess with Sooyoung from time to time. 

 

“Yerim…” she has a serious tone in her voice that the pink-haired girl doesn’t want to mess with her too much. “Sweetie, you are the love of my life, right?”

 

“Yes, of course I am.” Yerim even hurried over and hugs her tightly. She knows how much Sooyoung likes affection. The taller woman does indeed hug her back, settling into her embrace. She can’t stay upset with Yerim anyway. This woman is truly her other half, and love of her life. 

 

“Then you’ll comply with my demands? It’s just for one day, and I don’t ask you for much. Tell you want, you can pick and choose what you want to do, as long as I’m fully appreciated and loved.”

 

“You got it, babe. It is your birthday after all.”

 

That seemed to satisfy Sooyoung, and with the made book in her hand. Yerim takes her time to properly go through everything. She could do this for Sooyoung, her girlfriend who is the love of her life who doesn’t ask for much. And it would begin on her birthday.



 

Now, a part of Sooyoung did start to doubt if Yerim would do what she asked, especially as the days led up to her birthday. Yerim continued to act like she had no idea it was even her girlfriend’s birthday.

 

“What’s your birthday?”

 

“It’s going to be your birthday?”

 

“Birthday? Birthday, I don’t know what that is.”


 

Sooyoung was half way from dumping her or throwing her out of the apartment. She was so upset. Fortunately, Yerim made it up to her on the night before her birthday.

 

“Where are we going?” Sooyoung, dressed to kill in a pretty pink dress that fit her form nicely, again proving how much she thinks about Yerim, because pink is her girlfriend’s favorite color.

 

“You’ll see, just relax.” Yerim says with a small squeeze of her hand. Sooyoung almost didn’t even want to go out, but Yerim looked at her hopefully and actually asked in a sweet way. Sooyoung decided to just go with it, after all what was the worst that could happen. 

 

“You do know my birthday is tomorrow right?”

 

“You’ve only circled it on the calendar in red a hundred times, and sent a message to my job to tell everyone, so yes I’m pretty sure I know it’s your birthday, babe.”

 

“I’m just saying you better treat me nicely at least. So wherever we’re….” Sooyoung stops talking because she sees it’s a restaurant. Not just any restaurant but only of the most exclusive places in the city, the wait can be months even just to book a reservation.

 

“I thought I’d treat you to a pre-birthday dinner, sound good?”

 

The taller woman is looking at her with a soft look. Yerim is very sweet, she really is, despite her savage tendencies. Sooyoung always understood because she herself had similar savage tendencies.

 

“Yes, sounds good, hey wait.” She reaches for Yerim’s arm just before the shorter woman can open the door to the restaurant, causing Yerim to look back at her.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, just thank you. You’re sweet, baby, you know when you want to be.”

 

“Shh, don’t tell anyone. I have a badass rep to keep up.” 

 

The couple share a laugh over it. Sooyoung leans down to kiss the top of Yerim’s head. She really loves this woman so very much. Sometimes, Sooyoung remembers the very first of her birthdays they celebrated as a couple. The way Yerim did her best to make sure she felt special.

 

(Flashback)

 

Sooyoung could see that Yerim was nervous. At first, the taller girl wondered if it might have been because Yerim had exams nearly all this week. But she knows how smart Yerim is, and how she studies, so it couldn’t have been that. 

 

“What’s wrong, babe?” 

 

“Huh?” Yerim looks up. “Oh, nothing, Soo.”

 

Sooyoung gently nudges her. “Come on, you can tell me. What’s bothering you? It must be something, you’ve been kind of zoning out since we met up.”

 

Yerim can’t deny that. She has indeed been zoning out, thinking, overthinking, and it had to stop. She takes a deep breath and reaches for her bag.

 

“I’ve been thinking a lot, and I just wanted to make sure I could give you something today.”

 

Sooyoung appears slightly confused by that statement, and that’s when she sees Yerim taking out a smaller gift bag, red in color, as red is Sooyoung’s favorite color. It dawns on her right away, and is slightly embarrassed she forgot about her birthday. However, with life, school, work, not to mention devoting whatever time she could to their relationship. It really did slip her mind. But then she sees the beautiful bracelet, nothing over the top and flashy, but simple, pretty, exactly something Sooyoung would have picked for herself. Besides the bracelet is a small cake too, strawberries and cream, decorated almost so prettily that she doesn’t want to eat it, but of course she will. Yerim even wrote her a handwritten birthday card. This was the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for her, and already she is feeling special.

 

“Babe…”

 

“Happy birthday, Sooyoung. I know it’s not much but I did want to get you something.” 

 

Sooyoung immediately hugs her. She thanks her with a soft whisper, and kisses her forehead. Something she likes to do because Yerim is a bit shorter than her.

 

“Don’t call this nothing, this is so sweet, baby. Most of all I’m so happy to be spending my birthday with you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter