BTS Jungkook

Writing Practice

"We'll be at the next room." Jimin pointed to the right wall with his thumb. "Just yell if you need help, okay?"

She nodded, while closed eyes Jungkook responded with soft 'yes'.

One by one, they who worried over Jungkook, exited the room with encouragement words, and left two of them.

When the door closed after the last person walked out, she changed her position from sitting cross-legged on the floor to lie down next to Jungkook. She entwined her hands together and put them on her belly.

The silence was short because Jungkook decided to question her.

"Are you upset with me?"

She really thought of her answer before she replied, "A little bit."

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"Don't be," she said. "I understand." She slightly raised her upper body. "Do you want me to get you a new ice pack?" Returning to her former position, she looked at him. "Do you need canned oxygen? Does your leg feel a little bit better? Are you still dizzy?"

He chuckled and opened his eyes to look back at her. "I'm okay. I just want to go back to the dorm and change my clothes now."
She stayed quiet. Her eyes looked straight to his and her lips were pursed.

Seeing that, Jungkook smirked. "Just let them out."


 

"You are human, Jungkook. Your body has limit."

It was the second time he injured and overexerted himself and she was getting frustrated by his carelessness over his body.

"I just want to give my all." He slowly tried to change his lying down position on the sofa and winced when he moved his foot.

She stood up from her chair straight away and tried to help him. "Careful, careful," she said with frown.

When he had found more comfortable position, she sat back.

She crossed her arms. "I understand, but if you keep doing this and don't learn to control your energy on stage, it won't be good in the long run."

He didn't respond, but she knew he heard her. Instead, he stared at the ceiling blankly. Didn't know what to say anymore, she looked away from him.

"It's the music," he finally started, "the light, the stage, the dance, the scream, everything that was there and happened while we were on stage, that gave me the energy boost and made me feel as if I were unstoppable.

I felt so excited that, I think, my body turned numb. I did feel out of breath, my arms and legs pulsated a bit, when I was off stage, but as soon as I was back up there, I felt ..." He searched the one word that could perfectly describe his feeling for that moment. "... refreshed." He settled with that.

"I also want to give the best concert experience for ARMY. I want them to go back home from the concert and they still can feel the buzz even days after it has ended." He smiled. "I want them to be able to keep the concert as one of their happy and unforgettable memories. A memory that can make them feel happy when they replay it in their mind, and whenever they feel down or when they are hit with the bad day, they can revisit it and feel better afterwards."

Her frustration diminished slowly.

"And I also don't want to have any regret. I don't know when all of these will disappear. I don't know when my last performance will be. I don't know when I will need to stop."

The air in the room started to feel gloomy.

"I never want to stop, but ...," he paused briefly, "... someday, I will reach a point in my life where, no matter how much I love to do this, I can't do it any longer and I have to stop."

She moved herself closer to him to be able to hold his hand.

"I would hate to think 'Oh, I can do better than that!' on a concert that can turn out to be my last. I'm afraid I will disappoint ARMY, the Big Hit family, and myself. I don't want all of those to ever happen. That's why I want to keep giving my all on every concert; because it’s the least I can do after receiving so much love from all of them."

She should've realized she would never win over the purehearted and passionate Jungkook.

"I feel like I'm on a long marathon and I want to keep running; for them who cheering on me and for myself."

"Your marathon is not a competition, Jungkook," she reminded gently, "so you don't need to sprint all the time. You are allowed to slow down sometimes to really enjoy your surroundings and bask in the feeling of accomplishment of how far you've run, or in the joy that you get from the cheering."

He contemplated her words with, what she thought, a cute expression on his face.

"Let's try our best to keep the long marathon to stay long and make sure you can keep running, because it will be useless to have a super-duper-uber long marathon but you can't even run."

He grinned and repeated, "Super-duper-uber."

Cutie-baby-bunny, she immediately thought.

 


She sat up, "I will call Sejin Oppa to help you."

"Wait!"

She halted from standing herself up and turned her head to him.

He sat up, pushed her head closer to him, and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you," he gazed at her for a little while, then lay back down and covered his eyes with his arm.

Taken by surprise, she froze for a second, before she twisted her body so that she can look at his face.

He showed nothing; as if he had been resting in that position from the start.

She smiled and proceeded to stand up to find Sejin Oppa and asked for a help.


Note: Happy Birthday Jungkook! Stay Gold, Golden Maknae!