Shall I?

Two People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seul”, Joohyun called her with soft voice.

“hmm?”,

“Can I hug you?”

Seulgi couldn’t think anything right now. She didn’t know how to feel. After 8 years, this routine come to her, again. Her memory lane comes to her like a flood. She was gladly hug Joohyun whenever the latter ask to hug her for sleep. But it was 8 years ago. If they were under different circumstance, she would hug Joohyun in instant without Joohyun ask though. But here she was, facing the same situation but under the circumstance that she has lost Joohyun once.

She is happy but afraid too that maybe after this, she couldn’t stay sane to keep her feeling. Afraid that maybe after this, she would put down her façade and show her feeling toward the latter. And it would be awkward for both of them. She doesn’t want that the awkwardness separate them slowly but surely. She is afraid that she might lose Joohyun for the second time.

 Joohyun wait for her patiently, Seulgi still shut . Sensing that her favor maybe put them in awkward situation, Joohyun said again “You know I’m grown up adult, I think I could be fine sleep on my own now”. Joohyun started to turn her back, backfacing Seulgi. She scolded herself inside for caused this awkwardness. But a hand stop her from moving.

Without a word, Seulgi put her right hand around Joohyun, slipped her left hand below Joohyun’s neck and pulled Joohyun closer to her own body.  Seulgi tucked Joohyun’s head under her chin.

“Sleep, Hyun. You need a good sleep too”, Seulgi said softly.

Joohyun was stunned for moment, before a smile curved on her beautiful face. “Good night Seul”

“Good night”. Said Seulgi with eyes trying to close. In the end, she put down all her worry and chose to live in the moment.

 

---

Seulgi woke up from her slumber because of sound of her phone alarm. She turned it off and sat in the bed for a while. Joohyun was nowhere to be found.

“Is she already wake up? Where is she?” she wondered.

 A smile started to creep on her face. She is happy. Indeed sleep is a good remedy for her tiredness, but sleep with Joohyun in her arm made it even better. Seulgi started to stretch her body before wash her face.

Joohyun was cooking when Seulgi walked toward her.

“Hyun”, Seulgi called her. When Joohyun turned to her, Seulgi saw a radiant smile was already plastered there, it make Seulgi smile too automatically. Seulgi can’t put it together. There’s something about Joohyun that make her more pretty than usual this morning, it’s not her make up because Joohyun was barefaced right now. But think about it again, Seulgi always think that Joohyun was prettier when she doesn’t put anything on her face. She is a natural beauty gifted. It just she looks really happy today. Even she heard Joohyun humming a song when she walked to the kitchen.

“You woke up?” Joohyun asked her.

“Yep”

“What are you cooking in the very early morning?” Now Seulgi was standing beside Joohyun. Take a look at what food Joohyun was making. “Huh? This look like Sujebi?” Seulgi asked her friend. There’s broth in the pot. And there are potato and another vegetables on the kitchen bar. And Joohyun was just finish making the dough

“Yes, I’m making Sujebi right now”

“WOAH!” Joohyun just making her favorite food right now. “Whats the occasion, Hyun?” Seulgi asked again, feel really happy can eat her favorite food to start her day. Her smile was reaching her eyes.

“Nothing. It just it rained this morning, so I thought I just make something to warm the body. Why are you up so early? What time do you need to be at the hospital?”

“hmm”, Seulgi just nodded her head and walk toward kitchen bar and took the potato. “7.30. I still have one and half hour”. Seulgi took the knife and  started to peel the potato.

“what are you doing?” Joohyun asked again.

“Err peel the potato. You need the potato to be chopped, right?” Seulgi showed what she was trying to do. Joohyun looked at her skeptically. “Yah! I know I can’t cook. But peel the potato was an easy peasy for me Hyun”

“Alright then. Please peel and chop it nicely, okay?”

“Just let my gold hands make this potato turn to be an art”, Seulgi said smugly

“Tch. Whatever”, Joohyun just shake her head but a smile has already started to creep out of her.

Joohyun just done chop the dough and put it into the pot. She walked toward Seulgi who still chop the potato. Just when she look at the leftover potato skin. Her eyes went big “Yah! My potato! Seulgi what have you done to my potato?” her voice were loud enough to blow Seulgi’s ear away.  Seulgi frowned because Joohyun’s loud voice

“errr why? I chopped it nicely though”.

Joohyun just lost word.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter