final

through different time zones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tw: cursing

--

 

People say meeting your soulmate could be the best thing that would ever happen for a person in their lifetime.

Century by century, lifetime by lifetime, one meets their soulmate in such cliché moments or even in odd ones.

However, some people would just refuse to believe on the idea of soulmates.

They say the idea of it makes it even more bothersome for love, such marrying the person that you aren’t even connected with through lifetimes and end up bitterly in a divorce.

A feline-like-woman doesn’t believe such things.

She says ‘it’s a little bit to cheesy for her liking.’ and just shrugs off the whole idea of soul mates.

 

“Gotta run! See you tomorrow, Yul!” Her point-of-view seems to be waving at a red-head girl in her casual clothes which seems to be waving back at her also.

“Careful on your way home!  Good luck on tomorrow’s exams!” They parted ways with the red head girl and walks her way to home.

She looks up at the night sky, full of stars, admiring the beauty of astronomy for the nth time. She could only wish she could admire them all night but she remembers she had things to do.

Changing in to her pajamas, she quickly got her books and started studying.

It’s been hours since she got her nose stuck on her Bio-Chemistry book, still reading and understanding keywords and definitions that could possibly come out for tomorrow’s tests.

She yawns while stretching up her hands in the air since she’d been in the same position for the past few hours, making her neck hurt a little more.

“I wish I could ace them tomorrow,” she trails off, blinking rapidly, feeling a little sleepy at the moment.

She got her reading glasses and placed them at the side before starting to doze off to dreamland.

 

 

“Chaewon! Get your in here!”

The said girl groggily shoots her eyes open, trying not to get dizzy by the sudden sunlight shining through her blinds. She grunts, “.” Stood up and started doing her daily ‘boring’ morning routine.

“It’s almost noon, sis. Eat up,” A deep-voiced man in his 20’s trails off, “Staying up late last night with Yena again?” Felix flopped on the couch making Chaewon her head to her brother’s position. “Yeah, probably.” She shrugged.

After eating her breakfast, Chaewon just dashed out of their house, not forgetting her things to bring on a stroll with Yena today since she’s a week-long on leave from work.

“So what’s your soulmate doing again today?”A duck-like-lips of a woman in Chaewon’s age, named Yena, shoots a familiar question immediately.

“Ugh. How many times have I told you that it’s just a dream?” The feline-like-woman grunts before glaring at her bestfriend beside her, “Plus, soulmates aren’t real. Change my mind.”

Yena scoffs as she hears that statement from her over again today, “Tell me what happened to your dream or whatever you call that then, cub.”

They settled down in a café along the streets of Chaewon’s neighborhood. “I am still in that girl’s point-of-view and it’s been like this like forever.” Yena laughs off.

“See? Ssamu, she’s your soulmate! My dreams are like also in a girl’s point-of-view for like since I was, uh, a child,” Yena trails off before picking up their drinks at the counter, not forgetting to pay for them. “And they say they’re your soulmate.”

Chaewon scoffed this time, “Psh, whatever and your cheesy soulmate theories.” She rolled her eyes and took a sip on the drink Yena got for her. “Ssamuuuuu~ just tell me what happened then.”

The short-haired girl sighs as the annoying whines that she hears again from Yena in a daily basis.

“I can just remember tripping down the stairs, eating jellies again, and studying for like 6 hours for, I don’t know? I think for tomorrow’s tests before dozing off on a study table.” Chaewon shrugged, taking another sip on her drink while scrolling down on her twitter, “Your soulmate must’ve wanted to ace her exams that bad.”

The cub-like-woman rolled her eyes, darting off her eyes back again to her phone. “Nobody likes studying for that long.” Yena giggles. They started their day strolling on the streets of Toronto.

While walking side by side, the cold wind suddenly rushes to Chaewon’s neck, making her shiver a little. “I can’t wait to meet my soulmate, Ssamu!” The person beside her excitedly exclaimed while gripping on to her coat.

“People nowadays don’t really believe in such things, Yena. What if your so called “soulmate” doesn’t believe in them too?”

Yena stopped in her tracks, beginning to think about it. “I don’t..know-“ Chaewon scoffs lightly.

“See? They don’t really exist in this generation. They ain’t real.”

The duck-like-woman shakes her head countless times already, “Ugh! Whatever, Chaewon. You believe on your beliefs and I believe on mine.”

They just dropped off the topic, not causing anymore endless arguments, and walked around the streets of Toronto.

 

--

 

The night was still young but the feline-like-woman just got home, quickly changing in to her comfy clothes. She sighed, sitting on her bed while admiring the beauty of the mint-colored walls of her room.

A minute in to a daze, the loud knocks on their front door started to go off making her snap in to reality.

Chaewon quickly got down from her room, knowing that Felix would never open the door for he would be busy playing video games, and opened the door wide.

“Who is-“ Realizing no one behind on those loud knocks, “-it..” She looks for a sign of life but she sees nothing, realizing that she might just got pranks from neighbors.

Before Chaewon could close the door, a brown and dusty-looking journal lying on the mat caught her attention. “The ?”

She hesitated for a moment then decided to pick up the journal, not forgetting to close the door. She got back up to her room and flopped down her bed, still holding the journal.

“Is this kind of an old school confession ? ‘Cause this ain’t gonna work for me.” Chaewon mumbles before dusting off the journal.

To her shock, there had been so many written passages on each of the old-looking pages of the journal.

“What the..” Thoughts started occupying in the feline-like-woman’s head, making her curiosity grow, “...”

 

February 9, 1868

Paris, France

Meeting a gorgeous lady along the streets could have never been the most amazing day I’ve experienced. Her stunning features caught the most eyes of the city, not forgetting to include myself. I got to talk to her and her voice was really soothing to the point I could have tucked myself in to sleep. Her beauty is like telling me she’s one of the Olympian goddesses, slapping the reality in me that she’s way more stunning than Aphrodite herself. First meeting and I’ve already fallen head-over-heels for K-- M----.

Kim Chaewon

 

Chaewon’s eyes grew big, seeing her name on the bottom of the first passage, thinking she’s the one writing the message.

KM? The name mentioned on the paper is blurry!

“Wha-- Who-- How? I didn’t exist that year yet!” She was beyond surprised that she flipped another passage.

 

June 29, 1932

Manchester, England

I have been a driver of a rich family here in Manchester for almost two months, driving them around places with their precious Bentley 8 Litre. I’ve never lived in such luxury but an opportunity suddenly came rushing in. I’ve also heard from them about their daughter days ago and I’ve finally seen her. I was the assigned driver to take her to a specific place her mother wanted her to be at. She’s being undeniably stunning, making me look at her from the rear mirror from time to time. She has those wide and sparkling brown orbs, perfectly shaped lips, silky brown hair. No wonder her parents could only make her go out seldom times with that kind of beauty. Her features are insanely God-tier. Wishing I could see Ms. K-- M---- often.

Kim Chaewon

The short-haired girl had jutted her lips down due to nervousness. She wasn’t really expecting passages from her own name. She didn’t even get to exist in those years.

An unbelievable word suddenly popped in to her mind.

 

Soulmate

 

‘No way.’ She thinks, still not believing in such crazy idea that some people stayed to believe in, specifically mentioning her bestfriend, Yena.

It’s been two passages down and her mind was imaginary ticking down, blowing up anytime.

KM? Just who the hell are you?

‘What if they’re real?’ She absentmindedly questions herself, shaking her head immediately of the thought. ‘What if these passages are all about my first meetings with my soulmate from my past lives?’

Chaewon then closes the journal, setting it aside before messing her own hair due to confusion.

 

--

 

It’s been months since she encountered that weird-looking journal. Chaewon also didn’t forget to mention it to Yena, which made her go insane, explaining more weird-soulmate theories.

She did keep the journal, though. She was scared that she could connect the dots way before she could retrieve the journal back if she had dumped it.

At the moment, Chaewon’s family just arrived back in Seoul for a vacation and chose to stay for at least a month.

The short-haired girl may have missed walking around the streets of Seoul but the jetlag got her. The moment they arrived at her grandparents’ house, she immediately flopped and dozed off the entire day.

 

Her point-of-view was currently jotting down some specific keywords and definitions on the paper sitting beside her book. Probably making homework or something.

She heard distinct voices from outside of the room, cocking her head to the door, expecting a person to appear.

A woman on her 40’s stood right before the door while holding the knob, “Sweetie, finish your homework and fix yourself after. We’re heading to an old friend’s house.”

“Yes, mom.” She answered before hearing a soft thud of the door, indicating that the woman has left the room.

After finishing her homework, she wore into some casual clothes and fixing herself through the mirror. Her reflection was bit more blurred, so she couldn’t clearly see her face’s point-of-view.

They head out together with the girl’s mother and clearly saw a familiar neighborhood. Her gaze went to that very familiar house.

 

That…house.

 

“Sis, you’ve been sleeping like a log for almost a day! Wake up!”

 

--

 

“Wait,” The mother of a college student halted her steps, making her stop on her tracks also, “I think we should go stop to the market first.”

The dark-haired girl creased her forehead for a second while looking at her mother, “Why? We can just go there after though.”

Her mother shakes her head in disagreement, “The store closes in an hour, sweetie.”

Minju opens in realization, “Oh, right. Let’s go.” They retreated and just walked towards the direction of the said market. 

Minju wasn’t really fond of going out neither with friends nor family. She instead prefers hanging out indoors with friends, special mentioning Jo Yuri.

Meeting through first year of college, they coincidentally had the same course and share most of their classes together, resulting an unexpected friendship between them.

Yuri mostly invites her on sudden strolls around the city or even sleepovers but Minju declines them sometimes for school works.

The girl already tells Minju every damn time to wind up for a little bit from school. However, Yuri only gets a single nod while still working on her school-related-.

Yuri thinks Minju is too drowned on school and she needs a wink (she literally means a whole week) of rest, and what’s the issue of resting?

Meanwhile on Minju’s case, she doesn’t really like the idea of resting. She thinks that resting is just wasting her time on finishing her projects that are technically due weeks earlier than the deadline.

Literally, a nerd (as Yuri would sometimes call her).

But unsurprisingly for Yuri, she aces her tests, quizzes, and even final quarter exams on a month-long of studying her off.

‘I would buy dinner for everyone in this university if you ever slacked off even for a little bit.’ (As Yuri would say every time to her whenever Minju thinks that she’s slacking off.)

And the case is, Minju doesn’t even slack off.

But even if others would jokingly for being a nerd, her beauty is just as her performance in the university, awfully breathtaking.

Her Goddess-like-beauty would make people turn their heads towards the girl, I mean, she’s just straight up out-of-the-world and breathtakingly gorgeous.

Most people had already tried making their way towards the college girl’s heart but she isn’t really a fond of wasting her time on mere infatuation.

 

Well, she may have thought of the idea of soulmates.

Having weird dreams about being in another girl’s perspective for almost a lifetime would really make her curious even in the middle of studying in concentration.

Minju had researched about this matter, though.

She just started reading articles about soulmates and not realizing she was that interested which made her stay up around midnight last time.

The college girl would also hear stories from Yuri about that matter which made her stay interested.

But to her,

 

To experience is to believe?

--

 

In a dark room, a certain short-haired girl with her brother was playing whatever-gun-game was playing through the large screen.

She was at the brink of screaming profanities, mentioning that she’s been dying multiple times at this game.

“You , sis!” Felix exclaimed while laughing his heart out, making his twin fume in annoyance, “Shut up, Felix!”

The twins’ attention got back to the large screen. At the moment that they have fully concentrated, indistinct noises were heard from outside the room.

“Chae! Felix! Visitors are here!” Just in time Chaewon literally just lost the round, Felix was doing his ol’ victory dance that got him a slap on his arm from Chaewon.

“You’re terribly annoying, Yongbok.” She rolled her eyes before spinning her heels out of the room, leaving a laughing Felix inside while turning off the console.

Just in time taking another step out of the room, she sees a wonderful figure walking towards her direction, giving her the goosebumps.

 

Oh, God. She’s being undeniably stunning..

 

“Uhm, excuse me. Is this the way to your restroom?” Oh, God. Her voice is also soothing. What a great time to be alive, Chaewon.

Chaewon’s little daydream got cut off, “U-Uh, yes. Straight ahead, miss..” Gesturing a hand towards the direction of the said room, the goddess-like beauty (as Chaewon would prefer to call her from now on) shot her a small smile and left a heart-struck Chaewon at the hallway.

“,” The feline-like girl muttered in her breath while clutching on her chest, feeling her heart thumping rapidly. “And I don’t even know her yet.”

 

--

 

Throughout the wonderful dinner, Chaewon had been glancing at the stunning visitor they had from time to time. The girl may have or may have not noticed but Chaewon doesn’t care.

Her face is really a nice view to look at.

Her brown wavy hair resting on her shoulders, a really perfectly shaped lips, and her dark glistening orbs really captured Chaewon’s attention during the dinner. 

Everyone had already finished eating and lucky Chaewon, her parents didn’t notice her little fangirling over the visitor (or she thought they didn’t) but a certain young man actually did.

“I suppose we should go now. Thanks for the wonderful dinner, it was nice meeting you again.” After a long catching up with their parents, the visitors had already decided to go home.

Felix let out a fake cough which constantly got the attention of everyone, “Uhm hi there miss, I think my dear sister would like to know your—kjksdsjnlkvs”

Chaewon’s eyes suddenly shot wide open and covered her brother’s mouth, knowing what the young man was up to, “U-Uh, h-he actually talks nonsense whenever he’s hungry again, h-hehe.” 

The short-haired girl then dragged Felix far from them, still covering his mouth, “What ing stunt are you going to pull this time, Felix?” Chaewon grumbles annoyingly, not forgetting to remove her hand from her brother’s mouth.

Her twin just shrugs while showing his stupid grin, “I was just helping you, sis.”

“Why are you helping me? I don’t know what you’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter