Deserving

Deserving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEGIN.


Gum chewing, short skirts, high socks, two buttons opened polo and platinum blonde hair: A perfect combination for Minatozaki Sana to pissed off her dean, her teachers and the entire student body.

“Minatozaki Sana, This is your second offense!” exclaimed the president of the council.

The president of the student body together with her secretary showed up in front of Minatozaki Sana while she was getting things from her locker.  She minded none of it because she had her earplugs on.

“I SAID THIS IS YOUR SECOND OFFENSE, WHY AREN’T YOU LISTENING?!” the president was in a rage. Sana, on the other hand, removed one of her earplugs and finally looked at the mad president.

“Sorry, are you saying something? I couldn’t hear you because my music is too good, wanna hear it?” Sana with a sly look on her face offered one of her earplugs with the president and that caused the president to be madder at her.

This had been a habit for Sana. Her day becomes brighter when she sees the president mad at her.

“Keep it, I’m not interested.”

“Too bad Dahyun, I heard you can sing well. I was even wondering if we can have a duet or something.” Sana chuckled at her insight joke.

“I will never sing with you! Anyway, that’s not my point. My point is-” Dahyun, the student council president was about to start her speech about Sana’s offenses for the day but Sana wouldn’t let her off without fun.

“Why, are you a tone-deaf? Did you win the singing competition this year because your mom aka the dean was the judge?” she asked with an innocent inquiring face that pissed off Dahyun more.

“I’m not! I don’t need to prove anything with you.” Dahyun balled her hand into a fist in anger but she wouldn’t let Sana win by getting into her nerves. She knows a better way of coming back at the rebellious girl.

“Is that all? I’m kinda busy today, I have another class to sleep in so get out of my way.” Sana slammed her locker and was about to pass by her when Dahyun stopped her by putting her hand on Sana’s shoulder.

“Loud hair, short hems, polo, high socks… Community service at 3 pm.” she then looked at her secretary who was busy looking somewhere.

“Chaeyoung, are you writing this down?”

“H-Huh? O-Oh, write… write what?” Chaeyoung, the secretary of the student council asked.

“Ugh, give me that.”  she reached out the notes on Chaeyoung’s hand and wrote Sana’s name on the list of the offenders.

“Ha, funny. What makes you think I’ll go?” Sana bravely asked.

“Suspension for a week plus calling your mom or dad again?” Dahyun threatened.

“You’re no fun.” Sana swats Dahyun’s hand away from her shoulder.

 

Loud greetings and a cheery voice caught their attention. It was the popular vice president walking in the hallway being greeted by the upperclassmen and the lowerclassmen.

“Good morning, Mina!” one of the upperclassmen greeted.

“Morning sunbae!” the vice president, Mina greeted back and looked at the three who were having an interrogation early in the morning. Well, two. Because Chaeyoung was looking at the vice president instead of listening to the president and Sana arguing.

“Good morning Chaeyoung! Mind telling me what’s this ruckus all about?” she asked casually.

“G-Good Morning, y-you see they-'' Chaeyoung was struggling speaking so mad Dahyu butts in.

“Well, Sana here embodied everything that is forbidden in the rule book!” Dahyun told Mina and the vice president just laughed about it.


“Loosen up, Dahyun. I don’t think she looks that bad,” Unlike the hot-headed president, the vice president is loose and cool in terms of personality.

“It seems our president here doesn’t know anything about fashion.” Sana dryly commented and the vice president smiled at her, “You should teach her some time.”

“Mina!” Dahyun complained, “Alright, I’m out of here. I can’t get killed by Dahyun, I have chemistry class to attend.” Mina looked at Chaeyoung, “You’re my classmate in chemistry, right?” 

“O-Oh, that… You s-see the president asked me to do a r-report-” Mina put her arms around the flabbergasted secretary.

“Well Dahyun, skipping classes is against the rulebook too. I’m taking Chaeyoung with me. We can do student council work after class.” Mina said and Sana looked at Dahyun amusedly. The president was looking like a kid who’s having tantrums because she lost an argument.

Mina was about to leave until she looked back at Sana, “By the way, I like your lipstick. What’s the shade?” she asked out of nowhere.

Dahyun was left speechless. She can’t let Sana off without punishment. Sana gave a sincere smile at the vice president before she answered the random question.

“It’s cherry red.”

“Now I know why they call you ‘y Sana’,” Mina said and Dahyun glared at her.

“Scram, Mina.”

“Okay, see ya!”

Sana noticed the president looking at her face especially at her lips, “What?” she asked.

“Community service at 3 pm. Have fun mastering sweeping the halls and wiping the toilet seats.” Dahyun said before she stormed off.

 

“.” Sana muttered before making her way to her own class. She saw her professor already teaching in front of the class. She’s late.

‘Oh, look. It’s going to be terrible.’ she thought as she opened the door.

“Mind telling the class why you’re late, Ms. Minatozaki?”

“Kim Dahyun happened.”

 

True to her words, Sana spent her 3 pm wiping the toilet seats. The president, tagging her poor secretary with her made sure she visits and takes a look at Sana suffering.

“Having fun?” Dahyun asked to piss her off.

“ off?” Sana said. 

Chaeyoung flinched at the words and the tension between the both of them.

“Better clean the mirror too. I want to see my pretty face clearer.” 

“I bet if I clean it better, you’ll see how ty you are.” Sana spat.

“Why you-”

Sana showed vandalism on the cubicle door. ‘Dahyun, the .’

“Classic, isn’t it?”

“Better sweep the halls or I’m telling my mom to have you suspended.” Dahyun walked away and Chaeyoung was left standing in front of Sana who seemed to want to ask something from her.

“What?” Sana asked.

“U-Uhm… Can I k-know what brand and which s-store you buy your l-lipstick?” Chaeyoung asked shyly and Sana chuckled at the cute sight.

“Sure.”

 

Meanwhile, after the school hours, Dahyun found herself scrolling up an online shopping app for cherry red lipstick.

“Pathetic, .” she cursed Sana as she added the lipstick on her cart and checked it out.

‘Your package will be ship at 22-08-20’

“What am I doing?” she asked herself as she threw her phone on her bed.

‘I hate her.’

 

***

 

‘Another day, another hell.’ Sana thought as she was catching up for her 7:30 am class. She was running when she realized she wouldn’t make it.

“Need a ride?” it was the vice president, Mina. Sana raised her brows ‘Ride on the school hallway?’ she scoffed until Mina threw her a skateboard.

“Here.” Sana caught the skateboard.

“Where did you get this?” Sana asked and the vice president grinned.

“Confiscated by the president. Don’t tell her I gave it to you.” Mina winked.

“Noted that” Sana started rolling the skateboard on the halls.

On the second passage, the president was having the usual routine rounds with her secretary until she spotted Sana skateboarding on the hallway.

“Everything seems to be clear- Yah, MINATOZAKI SANA!” Dahyun called out and walked in the middle of the hallway to stop Sana.

“STUPID, GET OUT OF MY WAY!” Sana tried to tell her, but Dahyun didn’t hear her. So they collided in a rather compromising position.

“OUCH!” their lips almost touched with the impact.

“Owww, my …” Dahyun winced in pain.

“I told you to get out of my way,” Sana groaned and she noticed Dahyun staring at her, “What?” she asked.

“You’re on top of me.”

“Okay?”

“So, get off!” Dahyun pushed Sana to the side hastily.

“Awww, what was that for?!”

“THIRD OFFENSE!” Sana made her escape fast when she looked at her watch.

“Sorry, I’m in a rush!”

“YAH, NO SKATEBOARDING IN THE HALLS! COME BACK HERE!” she screamed, Chaeyoung, on the other hand, looked at her side and saw the vice president whistling in a good mood.

“T-That skateb-board was the o-one we-” 

 

“Sssh.” Mina winked at her and looked at Dahyun who was still in a state of shock, “I didn’t know you're a bottom, Dahyun.” she teased and ran away when Dahyun started shooting daggers at her.

“MYOUI MINA! I WILL KILL YOU, COME BACK HERE!”

“I’ll see you later!”

And for Sana’s effort, she was not late for her 7:30 am class.

“SUCCESS!”

 

Meanwhile, Dahyun found herself inside the clinic because her heart started to beat faster.

“This is just fatigue...yeah. That’s it.”

‘I hate her very much.’

 

***

 

After a day, Sana found herself in front of their school pool. Kim Dahyun the sly fox gave her two options: clean the massive pool or call her mom and dad for her reckless behaviour. Sana knows her parents are already disappointed at her and she didn’t want to add any disappointments anymore so she settles in cleaning the pool plus, she can hate on Dahyun freely at school.

She was busy trying to get the leaves on the pool by a filter when a voice startled her.

“Having fun, loser?”  It was none other than ‘Dahyun, the .’

“It’s better when there are some sharks out here.” Sana flatly commented, “Where’s your poor secretary?”

“Why would you ask?”

“I thought you can’t function alone,” Sana remarked and Dahyun sharply exhaled to calm down herself.

“Chaeyoung is doing a report which is a great contribution to our school unlike you.”

“Cleaning the school is a great contribution too, don’t you think?”

“Going to school looking like a is not a contribution at school.”

“Well, ing around the campus and having a high GPA because her mom is the dean is a GREAT contribution, huh?” 

“WHY YOU-” Dahyun was about to push Sana on the pool but she’s the one who fell instead. Sana started to laugh.

“Karma is a .” she cackled some more laughter, she saw Dahyun struggling.

“HELP, I CAN’T SWIM!”

“Huh?”

She thought Dahyun was just playing a prank to drag her into the waters.

“No ing way I would get myself wet for you to get even.” She was about to turn her back until she didn’t hear Dahyun anymore and see her in the pool water.

“Kim Dahyun?” she asked carefully.

‘Ugh, stupid can’t swim.’

Sana jumped into their school pool just to save Dahyun. She dived in to get the president out of the waters. And laid the girl down beside the pool ladder.

“Kim Dahyun?” she softly slapped the girl's cheeks, “Hey, breathe!”

‘, … what to do? Oh, CPR!’

She tried to pump the chest but the latter is still unconscious. She scrunched her nose and said, ‘Just this once.’ and she breathes out on the latter’s mouth.

And the innocent/poor secretary Chaeyoung had to walk in and misinterpreted things.

“O-Oh, sorry...I-I thought...Uh, bye!”

“Wait, it’s not what you think!” Sana called out but the latter scrammed away faster than the light, Dahyun started coughing waters on .

“What happened?”

“Shut up and come with me, I’ll take you to the clinic.”

 

And Sana was absent at school for three days because of a fever. Dahyun on the other hand, felt uneasy because everything seems to be quiet at the campus.

‘It feels weird.’

She cancelled the third offense of Sana so the girl was no longer up for suspension.

‘Take it as my thanks.’

 

***

Dahyun threw a party at her parent’s house since her parents were out of town. Everyone was invited including Sana but she didn’t come. And that made Dahyunl feel uneasy.

“Okay, so truth or dare?” said one of the lowerclassmen.

“This game is ,” Dahyun commented.

“Why? Bad at dares?”

“Of course not! I’m good at everything.”

“I dare you to date Minatozaki Sana.”

“No way!”

“See? You can’t have Sana!” Everyone on their circle laughed.

 “I can hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter