Life Goes On

Fighting together (Bulletproof)

I'm tired of this. Every year. The same routine. Kicked out from school. And for what? Because I'm different. I can't make relationships like others do! Is that really my fault?

I should probably explain. My name is Namjoon and everyday is torture for me. I find it hard to make friends due to my 'unique' eyes. Some compliment them, the odd pairing of grey and amber, but most seem to despise them. They view me as a monster that they must remove.

So I am moving to my 50th high school today. And I am not even joking with you. I am very serious. I'm actually packing my bag now as we speak. Oh boy, this is going to be tiring.

 

 

As I enter the school grounds I can feel all eyes land on me. You may be thinking, 'oh, it's because he is a transfer'. Initially, yes they notice me because of that. Key word: NOTICE. They stare due to my eyes.

I've tried wearing contacts before but they sting. I am unable to cover an eye due to my other unique ability I am practically blind. Without my glasses and full usage of terrible eyesight, i would legit die. Trust me, I tried doing it once and developed a huge fear or trains ever since.

Anyway, I really need to stop thinking so deeply. It has already been the five minutes and the bell has rung. I need to get my timetable.

 

 

 

Entering the classroom, I feel all eyes light on me. Whispers surround me "Pfft, another freak!" "Why do we have so many disabled people?" But unlike other times, a light shines through the class. My eyes draw on a quiet reserved group at the back of the room. There is about eight of them, and they are staring up in fear. But this is not a fear OF me, no this is a fear FOR me.

 

 

  • Author's note: Before I proceed anymore, i would like to say that I have no nasty intentions with any of the health or other references within this book. I was born with partial colour difference in my eyes (though I have forgotten the name of it) which means that my eyes have two different colours. For more clarity, both of my eyes are grey-blue, but there is little wisp-like things that are an amber colour in my eye colour as well. I also have bad eyesight that means that I have to wear glasses even though I hate them. My sight is that bad that my eyes look so large in my  glasses when they are tiny in real life.                                                                                                      However, I did not write this book for pity about my issues. My first thought when writing this book, and hopefully later on this series, was to bring light to conditions that others may face and to make people think about their actions towards others. I also wanted to show that friends will always be supportive of you and help you if you feel down or ugly. I hope this book may help you to realise that you are not alone and that there is always someone there who can help. If any of you want someone to talk to who doesn't even know who you are, feel free to send me a message on this website, or leave a comment. I will try to reply as quickly as possible.    Your author.