To what the future may hold

To what the future may hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Pick one , to see 20 minutes of your future or remove a painful memory from your past"
Questioned a random person who bumped into her on the street.

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows, remaining skeptical , nevertheless she decided to play along but took a step back. Her past made her who she was today , so.

" the future " she told the man  who only nodded and layed out his arm for her to take .

She hesitated, but somehow found herself placing her hand in his.

" stay still and close your eyes"

And so she did.

The moment she opened her eyes , she found herself on the couch in a living room that she didnt recognize, a flat screen tv mounted to the wall was playing an episode of something she hasnt seen before. She looked around and found the house to be modern and well designed , spacious , simple yet warm , homey and everything she always dreamed of .


A sudden movement of hurried steps came towards her and then something latched onto her leg , bringing her back to reality

" mommy, up up" 

She did a double take on the child that was refering to her as mommy, she suddenly remembers that this is what the future looked like.

She picked up the child and smiled at him, he has her big eyes and plump lips , he looked no less than  3 years old. He then kissed her cheek not once but 3 times leaving drool on her but she felt happy . Cooing at him and then kissed his small plump cheeks.

She continued to walk through the house and stumbled into the kitchen where there was a much bigger child eating what seems to be cereals on the kitchen counter . Who didnt really look like her but definitely most probably was hers? She wasnt sure . So she faked a coughed and the boy turned .

" oh hey ma, whats up?"  Smiling at her while he adjusted his glasses then walking up to her to give her a kiss on the cheek and ruffle his younger brothers hair.

" just checking in on you " she found herself answering.

" i'm 7 ma, i'll be okay . Promise" he says

" i love you " was another thing she found herself saying, while she combed his hair with her free hand .

" i love you too ma"

Everything felt natural and she found herself feeling happy that she had two sons and that their relationship with them were close . Her oldest son was 7 and she wonders who was she happily married to anyways ?

Just then she hears the door opening and closing

" babe, kids im home!" Rang out and nayeon froze.

" kitchen" hollared the oldest boy.

Im married to a woman? ,  why does she sound so familiar. Im not gay, am i? .  She stared onto the hallway hearing clicking of heels , awaiting the moment her wife walks in .

In shock , nayeon sees sana , in all her glory. Still beautiful as ever, more wiser, mature in features but the ever lasting smile still on her lips.

She doesnt move. But sana moves towards her , pecking her lips , that she found herself replying to and her eyes closing. She blames it on natural effect.

When she opens them, sana smiles at her . Eyes shinning as she says
" i've missed you " sana side hugs her, before she takes the youngest out of her hands.

She watches sana giggle abit, feels her own hands cup sanas cheeks and give her long peck on the lips " ive missed you too"  she found herself whispering.
Feeling a large grin take over her own face as sana stares at her with so much love

And then she blinks and she back on the street , people passing her ,telling her to move .

The man infront of her smiles before dissappearing into the crowd .

" what on earth, am i really going to believe this? Who was that man anyways? Oh whatever" nayeon thinks. But she still thinks about it, and she somehow believes it. It felt too real anyways. And so..

She has two kids in the future, she was happy about that .

She has a big house , meaning she was succesful or rather sana was..

Wait , sana .

She was married to sana , had kids with sana , how was that possible?. She wasnt gay, but her future told her other wise, her future self was immensely happy ,she could feel it.

" omg , i kissed sana twice"  she gasps then thinks " no that wasnt me,that was older me " 

".... but it felt so right, But im not gay.."

" how did this even happen"

She was literally talking to herself on the way to her dorm shared with 8 other members of twice.
She gave herself a pep talk , telling herself not to act like she knew something.

---------

Its been a week since that encounter , twice schedule has been busy recording for more and more . Nayeon hasnt had that much time to think about it and has been distracted alot, being away from everyone due to her photoshoot and her lines being recorded , she didnt even have sanas new number.

Other than the stress for their upcoming mini album , the girls have been busy individually . But today , they had to learn for more and more choreo .

Nayeons hand was shaking when the instructor told her where she had to put her hands and where sana had to put hers.

" hey, you okay? " sana asked with concern in her eyes

Nayeon couldnt help but thought how sana shouldnt frown, not because of her. Something in the pit of her told her she liked sanas smiles better.

" nayeon and sana , focus please"  she heard the instructor say .

-----

As time passed by nayeon noticed how she starts to get jealous when sana flirts with other members. How sana wants more skinship and how the other girls willingly just give it to her.

Nayeon notices how sana is attentive and caring when the members are sick and feeling stressed out, caring for them before her own .

Nayeon notices how sana smiles until she cant see much of her eyes , or how sana transforms from cute to y , or when sana eats , drinks or minds her own business..

Nayeon notices that she stares at sanas lips from time to time but looks away when sana turns towards her.

Nayeon notices that she takes care of sana much more now, calling her name when situation arises, offering food , being physically closer to her.

Nayeon notices that she starts to look for sana first in any situation. 

Nayeon doesnt notice however , that sanas eyes do quite the same for her.

Nayeon doesnt notice, that sana gets more gentle and more shy when it comes to her

Nayeon doesnt notice , that sanas laughs are nervous around her

Nayeon doesnt notice because when sana is around her making conversation or physically touching her , nayeon cant look at sanas face more than the appropriate amount of seconds.

......

Nayeon thinks sana has caught up to what shes been doing these past few months. Having been caught staring alittle to long, unable to turn her head away just in time.  Lingering beside her unecessarily. Hands itching to just touch her .

Nayeon thinks shes unable to control much of her feelings when sana is present , and nayeon thinks sana knows this as well.

Nayeon forgets how sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter