Final

Don't Lie To Me

A Chobom Angst One-shot

 

Chorong plopped down onto the nice black couch, pulling the knitted blanket from the corner of the couch over her lap - the blanket Bomi practically stole from their house to bring to her studio. The latter was currently in her chair by the desk, finishing up some work on her computer. Chorong had come to the studio to visit the younger one, and to drop off some packed food Chorong prepared at home. She knew Bomi would be too focused on her work to settle dinner herself so Chorong gladly took the responsibility in making sure Bomi was well fed. Chorong often takes care of the members like this, it’s why she has the nickname “Rong Mama”. After dropping by to bring the food, she had decided to stay for a little while since she wasn’t in Bomi’s studio a lot. It was a cozy soundproof room with a simple computer setup and a couch, and many wall decorations - courtesy of Bomi herself. She uses the studio for videos, livestreams and whatever was related to her YouTube channel. Chorong liked watching Bomi work, so she planned to make herself comfortable on the couch for awhile. 

 

As she spread the colourful blanket open, a shiny little thing falls onto the black leather surface. Chorong picks it up and frowns. A single earring. One she’s never seen before, so it isn’t Bomi’s and obviously, not her own. With her back facing Chorong, Bomi was oblivious to anything behind her, so she continued clicking away on her computer. Chorong hesitates for a moment, her eyes darting between the earring in her hand and the back of Bomi’s head. She knows she shouldn’t, but she falls prey to the urge inside of her and asks. 

 

“Have you ever brought anyone else into your studio?” Chorong throws a bait. Please don’t lie to me, please don’t lie to me. 

 

“No, you’re the only one.” Bomi says, lying through her teeth. 

 

Chorong sighs as she feels the familiar sting in her chest. “Why are you lying?”

 

“What?” Bomi swivels around in her chair to face Chorong and she catches a glimpse of the small piece of metal in between Chorong’s thumb and index finger. She recognises it immediately, Chorong figures, when Bomi’s eyes widen at the sight of it. She visibly gulps, and Chorong doesn’t even know why she bothered asking. Or maybe she does know, maybe deep down she hoped that Bomi would have had a reasonable explanation, some story to why she had a stray earring on the couch in her studio. 

 

“What did you do here that could’ve made her lose an earring and not know about it?” Chorong isn’t dumb. She knows it’s one of Bomi’s girls, and it’s exactly what she doesn’t want to hear, yet she asks. Almost as if she wanted to torture herself. Chorong can’t stop her mind from connecting the obvious dots and imagining the things Bomi could’ve done on this couch and suddenly Chorong doesn’t feel very comfortable sitting on it. 

 

“Why should it matter to you?” Bomi’s voice is low now, “You’re the one that said we couldn’t be together.” Her words might’ve cut sharp but her glare threw daggers at Chorong, who was feeling very small in this studio right now. Her eyelids falter and twitch at Bomi’s words, not to mention, her heart feels like it’s been stabbed again. 

 

Chorong clenches her jaw and unclenches it, opening like she’s about to say something, but closes it again. Her eyes close as she breathes through her nose. When she reopens them, they’re staring into each other from their seats on opposites sides of the small room and Chorong, always the weaker one, breaks the eye contact first, averting her eyes to the floor. Her downcast eyes were an indication that she had lost and was tired. Tired of this routine. Chorong lets out a breath she didn’t know she was holding and puts the earring down onto the couch.

 

“You know I did it for the group.” Chorong says with defeat.

 

“Yeah, that’s what you always say, but you’re just a coward afraid to love.” Bomi snipes back. 

 

“I’m not!” Chorong’s hushed voice is laced with distress, desperate to defend herself.

 

“Prove it.” Bomi says without missing a beat. She stands up from her chair, and with how compact the room was, Bomi reaches Chorong in three steps. She straddles the leader, a leg on each side, holding a shaken up Chorong in place. Bomi brings a hand up to cup Chorong’s jaw and swiftly leans forward so their faces are nothing but an inch apart. Chorong’s lips part ever so slightly and she physically struggles to hold her head back from closing the gap. Chorong’s round orbs, full of hope and despair, fall from Bomi’s eyes to her lips for a split second. So close, but not close enough. Not nearly what either of them wanted, nay needed

 

Bomi wasn’t the only one that lied. Chorong was lying too, to herself. She lied when she told herself she could do this, that she was strong enough. The window of opportunity was right there, Chorong could simply lean forward and take Bomi’s lips in her own. The thought of kissing Bomi flooded her mind and all Chorong wanted to do now was drown. Bomi was a rough and passionate person, and her kisses are just as fervent. Chorong would know. Both bodies are frozen in place, their eyes almost as if in a staring contest now. Bomi, always unrelenting, doesn’t budge, her face stays there like she was taunting Chorong, trying to see how long the leader could hold herself back. But the thought of being tested infuriated her, so Chorong shoves the younger one to the side and gets up hastily. Bomi barely hangs onto the couch to stop herself from falling to the floor and she finds the situation so ridiculous, she scoffs in amusement. Chorong, always so predictable. Bomi wishes that for once, the leader would take her by surprise and do what she wanted to. They were both thinking it, so what’s wrong with giving in to a little temptation?

 

“Just- don’t.” Chorong holds her index finger up as if to stop Bomi from saying anything more. Her blood is boiling and she just wants scream her lungs out, but she doesn’t. “I’ll see you at home.” And with that, Chorong opens the door, and walks right out, almost slamming the door close. Bomi barely flinches. She’s gotten too used to Chorong walking out like that. 

 

“Coward.” Bomi mutters as she gives her head a slight shake. She shouldn’t be disappointed, but she still is. Bomi feels her heart pounding against her chest and she takes a deep breath to calm herself. She’s hard-headed and will usually fight for what she wants until she gets it.

 

But Chorong will never be hers. She knows the leader would never allow that. 

 

So Bomi decides perhaps it’s time to stop fighting. 

 

//

 

A/N: This was just a quick story but I hope you liked it! Leave your thoughts on it if you want in the comments, I'd appreciate it~ And even if you don't comment, thanks for reading!!