Final.

I Don't Usually Play This Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes. 

 

 

Chanyeol is a horrible best friend. Sehun decides this the moment Chanyeol pulls up to his apartment building dressed as ing Deadpool when he’s supposed to be dressed as Doctor Eggman. Why is this a problem, you may ask. The problem is that they had agreed to cosplay as silly video game characters together. ‘It’ll be more fun’ Chanyeol had said. More fun my .

Instead of wearing a bald cap, a big crazy mustache, and a big round fat suit, Chanyeol is dressed as Deadpool and he looks cool as hell while Sehun is dressed as a goddamn robot version of Jean Valjean from Les Miserables. 

“I hate you.” 

Chanyeol laughs so hard he slaps his steering wheel, honking the horn a few times. The pedestrians passing by give him confused looks. “You look great, Sehun.”

“What the hell happened to your Doctor Eggman costume! I look stupid dressed like this all by myself.” 

The other shrugs, “I put it on last night and I looked an idiot, so I decided to wear this instead.” 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Great. So you just let me look like an idiot all by myself. Some best friend you are. After all those times I let you copy my homework in high school and this is how you repay me.”

“I said you look great!” Chanyeol chortles. 

“I’m covered in silver body paint from head to toe and wearing red sunglasses. I do not look great .”

Chanyeol glances at him up and down. “Dude...did you really paint your body in that stuff...like your entire body?” he asks with a raised brow. 

Sehun scoffs and punches him in the shoulder. “ No , I did not paint my silver if that’s what you’re asking.” 

Once again, Chanyeol is a horrible best friend. 
 

 

 

 

Somehow, despite his better judgement, Sehun always manages to get roped into Chanyeol’s antics. Like today, for example. It was Chanyeol’s idea to go to this cosplay event. It was Chanyeol’s idea to dress up as silly characters, which he completely violated, but he digresses. Sehun would have never agreed to go if the other hadn’t paid for his ticket. They have never been to anything to like this before. Yes, they both liked video games and superhero movies, but never enough to actually dress up as the characters or anything. 

Sehun didn’t understand why Chanyeol was so insistent on coming. That is, until he sees a certain someone who works at the local comic book shop the two of them always visit on their way to the bowling alley. Chanyeol has been crushing on Kyungsoo for about a year now. Neither of them even like comics, but Chanyeol drags him to the shop almost every week just to see Kyungsoo working at the register. The amount of money he’s spent there just to see Kyungsoo’s face up close for a couple minutes is downright pathetic. 

“I can’t believe you dragged me for this . Why didn’t you just come alone?” 

“Because I would’ve just looked like some loser who has no friends! Besides, you’re my best friend. You have to be there for emotional support twenty four seven.” 

“You don’t need emotional support to get into someone’s pants,” Sehun scoffs. 

Chanyeol shoves a hand in his face and practically sprints to Kyungsoo’s booth. Apparently he’s selling some limited edition graphic novels. Chanyeol has to fight off the crowd of comic nerds just to say hello. 

Sehun wanders the venue while his friend is practically throwing himself at his crush. He stops in front of a crowd taking photos of a group of women dressed as Sailor Moon characters. This is when he notices the boy standing in front of him dropped something. On further inspection he realizes it’s a... blankie? The boy is wearing a striped pajama set and what seems to be a bunny headband. What the hell is he supposed to be dressed as, a five year old? 

“Hey, you dropped this,” Sehun says, tapping his shoulder. 

The stranger turns around, pouts when he sees the blanket in Sehun’s hands. “Are you trying to steal my stuff?” 

Sehun is pleasantly surprised by how cute the stranger is. So surprised, in fact, he forgets how to speak for a second. 

The stranger chuckles and Sehun quickly decides he likes the sound of his laugh. “I’m just kidding. Thank you.”

Sehun nods, “Yeah, no problem.” 

The boy turns around to look at the Sailor Moon women again and Sehun almost feels disappointed in himself for not saying something more witty- flirty . He’s thinking of how he’s probably missed his chance when the stranger suddenly whips his head back around so quickly it actually scares him. How embarrassing. 

“Wait, are you Robojean from Arm Joe?” he asks enthusiastically. 

“Uhm- Yeah,” Sehun says. The fact that anyone even knows that video game, let alone recognize his costume is an utter shock to him. 

The stranger’s smile is so big it’s contagious . Sehun finds himself mirroring the other’s excited expression. 

“Oh my god that’s my favorite character from Arm Joe! I’ve never met anyone who likes the game before!” 

“Me too. All my friends think it’s weird. I can’t believe you ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter