teaser.

where do we go from here?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Say something, Sooyoung. Please.”

The woman remained uncharacteristically silent, staring at her hands placed on her lap, scaring Wendy even further. Finally glancing up, Joy looked at her for the first time that night. The younger girl’s eyes looked solemn - as if feeling somewhat resolved.

“There’s nothing to say, unnie. I think it’s all pretty clear.” 

Joy wasn’t angry; or at least that’s what she’s been telling herself. As much as she wanted to hate Wendy, she couldn’t help but blame herself for being naive. As the person who picked Wendy back up when the love of her life left her, Joy knows she shouldn’t have been blindsided by this. She should’ve known that Bae Joohyun - who her Seungwan adored and placed on a pedestal, and who she loved far more than anyone else, would always be a constant reminder of the past that she wanted so desperately to leave behind.

“Do you still love her?” The question seemed to slip past Joy’s lips before she could think.

It took a beat before Wendy answered, holding Joy’s hand to get her attention. “I love you, Sooyoung-ah.”

With a pained smile, Sooyoung pulled away from the warmth of Seungwan’s grip and resigned herself.

“That still doesn’t answer my question.”

Bae Joohyun would always remind her of that dark time where she was once not enough for Wendy. And given where she is now, something tells her that maybe things haven’t really changed since then.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter