[1] - h e r

The Last || MYG
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Agust D - The Last

(A/N: Best to read with the actual song as the background music. I don't own the video.)

 

 

The classroom was well lit up; the pastel colors of the walls compliments the atmosphere of the surroundings. It was bright yet so calm. The chatters of the girls, the laughter of the boys and the clatter sound from the sliding door at the entrance were the becoming the source of the ambiance. Yoongi pressed the upper side button to increase the volume, silencing his surrounding with his music. He sighed as he placed his head on the table, covering his face with his arms. With his eyes closed, he drowned himself into the melody of the song, diving into the lyrics as if it was the story of his life. Music was his only passion, his only escape from reality. It was the closest thing to his sanity.

 

Just like he ignored the world, he thought it would do the same to him. But just a few tables away from him. A girl had her eyes fixed on him. It was not a piercing, judging stare or the stare of affection. It was a stare of pure curiosity. Yoongi was always the one who is alert with his surrounding yet he did not notice her pair of eyes glued on his figure. Perhaps it was because he was lost in his own world. The girl rested her chin on her palm, supporting her own weight as she continued to look at Yoongi. No one really knows what was in her mind. As mysterious and dark Yoongi was, she was somewhat similar. There was always some kind of aura emitting from her. Something wise, something deep. Like an owl. A symbol of paranormal wisdom, regal silence, and fierce intelligence.

 

Loud clatter of the door made the girl turned her attention to its source. “Okay, class. Settle down!” Mrs. Park came in gripping the books close to her chest. Everybody quickly find their seats and paid their respect before sitting down. Yoongi sat still at his table, not knowing that the teacher has arrived. Mrs. Park glanced over at the seemed-to-be sleeping Yoongi. The girl followed Mrs.Park’s gaze and watch as she sighed before shaking her head. The girl turned back her attention to Yoongi, wondering if he’s really asleep before looking away. The class started like they always do and Yoongi stayed in that position, confirming the fact that he was drifting into dreamland.

 

~~~

 

Halfway through the class, Yoongi woke up from his slumber. He lifted his head and stretched his body, didn’t mind to blew his own cover. The girl could see him yawning from the corner of her eyes, she smiled as she thought it was funny how he doesn’t give a damn about how Mrs.Park was glaring at him. Some of his classmate looked at him, waiting if he would apologize but Yoongi unplugged his earphone and turned away. He stared outside the window, as if he was looking at someone but the class knew that he was gazing into nothingness. They sighed in disappointment but was not surprised with his attitude. Mrs.Park continued her lecture and they continue to focus on the subject.

 

“Okay, we have 15 minutes before the bell ring. I want you to form a team of two. This project would be simple so you’ll have a week to submit it. I want you to create a poem, about anything or anyone.” Mrs.Park continued explaining the requirements of the assignment, but most of her student didn’t really focus about it as they were busy looking around, making eye contacts and telepathy agreement to form a group. It wasn’t really because they were eager about the assignment. I was actually because they didn’t want to be grouped with Yoongi.

 

“Okay, you can go to your partner and use the remaining time to discuss about it” Mrs. Park ended her speech and sat down, waiting for the school bell to ring.

“I really don’t want to team up with Yoongi. Ae-Ri help me please.” Jin begs her.

She smirked amusingly, “What’s wrong with teaming up with Yoongi?” Ae-Ri titled her head.

“Uhh.. cause he’s scary?” Hani cuts in.

“Which part?” Ae-Ri questioned them before turning her head to look at Yoongi’s direction. Jin and Hani followed Ae-Ri’s gaze. Scanning Yoongi as if the answer will pop out in front of them. Yoongi noticed the stares and gave a quick yet cold glare at them. Only two of them quickly turned away, but one stayed. Ae-Ri watched him as he turned his head ahead.

 

“That part.” Jin whispered, afraid that Yoongi could hear him. Hani nodded in agreement.

“So, what do you want me to do?” Ae-Ri leaned in closer.

“Let me have Hani, please.” He pulled a straight face, hands clutched and perfectly placed on his thighs. His plead was way too formal for someone who grew up with her since they were practically babies. Ae-Ri chuckled to the sight of Jin. He looks like a man who is asking the permission to marry her daughter.

 

Hani on the other hand, had her eyes widen in shock with tint of red on her cheeks, “W-hat? M-me?” Hani stuttered. Ae-Ri nudged her elbow to Hani, they look at each other’s eye, somehow communicating. Ae-Ri knew Hani always had a crush on Jin and she think they would be a cute couple. Jin looked at Hani and Ae-Ri back and forth, heart’s beating as he was truly serious about not wanting to team up with Yoongi. She raised her left eyebrow asking for confirmation and Hani blinked as a replacement of ‘yes, . I would love to.’

 

Ae-Ri faked a sigh, “Jin, I don’t want to burden you with my answer but…” Ae-Ri paused her respond. Hani hold Ae-Ri’s hands tight, faking a dejected face to Jin.

“No…” Jin gulped.

“but you will have your hands full with this girl.” Ae-Ri finished her sentence and placed Hani’s hand on his, making them holding each other.

Jin almost screamed out of joy but he held back, “Yes! Thank you! So much!” he gripped on Hani’s hand. “I will take care of her.” He continued, wiping his fake tears. Hani giggled at Jin’s reaction.

 

Ae-Ri slowly nodding her head, “You’ll do good with my daughter. I want 4 grandchildren”, she joked, making Hani covered her face blushing and Jin laughing his off. Ae-Ri curved a quick grin at them, “Well, I’m going to discuss with my partner now.” She said before making her way to Yoongi.

 

Yoongi was still lost in his own world. He didn’t notice Ae-Ri was walking towards him. All of the sudden, he saw a hand pulling the chair in front of him and a girl took the seat. She placed her notebook and pen on his table. He frowned and looked at her with pure annoyance.

 

“I’m Ae-Ri. I guess I will be your partner for this project. I hope we could get along well.” She said, not even looking at Yoongi. She flipped the pages of her baby blue notebook as she plastered a straight face. There were no extra emotions on her. There was no fear, no joy. Nothing but pure professionalism. Yoongi’s annoyance suddenly died. She was strong. He had to admit it is hard to cancel out his emotions. Only a few people manage to make him at least felt indifferent, let alone completely made him submit.

 

He leaned his back to the chair. “I know you; you don’t need to introduce yourself.” He scoffed. Of course he knew her. Besides the fact that she’s his classmate. The whole school knew her. It wasn’t because she’s the cliché plastic girl. She was famous for something else. Well, there’s a few things about her. Good and bad. But rumors are never the best source of truth. Besides, Yoongi never really cared. But, based on what he sees. She’s a calm and collected person for someone who had the reputation for ripping men’s heart. Yoongi can’t deny it either, she is a beauty. The boys who didn’t make second glance at her would be an idiot, or just blind. But, he was way too far from thinking about girls. He doesn’t really give a about those trivial things. Not anymore.

 

Yoongi watched her as she smirked, “Do you really?” she leaned in, hands intertwined, resting her chin on them. Her eyes went dark, her stare got sharp. She was playing with him, he sensed it. “Not bad.” He thought. But, he was not planning on losing. Yoongi didn’t respond to her instead he folded his hand across his chest and ignored her.

The school beg rang making both of them turned to Mrs.Park.

“Well then, since we don’t have much time.” Ae-Ri scribbled something on her notebook before ripping the piece of it.

 

Ae-Ri stood up, got closer to Yoongi and slid the piece of paper in his blazer’s chest pocket. “Call me later.” Yoongi could feel her slender fingers brushed against him. His body flinched from the sudden touch. He hated that. He hates being touched. Something about people’s stare just triggered him, let alone being touched but some girl he barely knew. His eyes widen, eyebrow crunched into a frown. Ae-Ri look over him, she was surprised as well. She never thought that Yoongi would react like he was. She smiled in triumph as she felt like she had unlocked as special achievement. Yoongi got confused with her expression, “What the are you smiling for?”

 

Feeling challenged by Ae-Ri, Yoongi was just about to cuss out but Ae-Ri was fast with her words. “Sorry, Yoongi. I didn’t mean to make you startled. I won’t do it again.” She put both of her hands up in the air while turning her back to him and walked away. Frowning Yoongi watched her as she walked towards her seat, he then glanced at the Jin and Hani who was still dumbfounded from what they just witnessed. They can clear see Yoongi lips was mouthing some bad words that was worth to be censored.

“Yahh, he’s super--” Jin commented and Hani cuts in “scary.”

With his mouth agape, he nodded his head, still in awe.

Ae-Ri sat down, crossing her arms to her chest, “Well, he is something.”, her lips formed into a smile.

 

~~~

 

[Two days later, 01:30AM]

 

“That would be 2,800 won, sir.” He had his eyes glued to the counter instead of the customer’s eyes.

The man took out 3,000 won note and place it on the counter.

“Here’s the change, thank you.” He bowed, with zero emotion written both on his face and his tone. The customer looked at him with confusion, thinking either he should smile in return or bowed as well. He took his stuff and the change and decide to walk away doing neither of his thoughts.

 

“You know, Min Yoongi. You know should smile when you’re attending a customer. It’s called customer service.” She spoke nonchalantly while placing a vanilla flavored popsicle on the counter.

Yoongi looked up to see the face of the rudest person he ever met only to see Ae-Ri blankly staring at him. She was in her white pajamas, with small black cat-head design scatterly printed all over the clothes. Her hair was tied into a messy bun, not hint of make-up was on her face and yet Yoongi could recognize her right away.

Her innocent demeanor didn’t affect that fact that he was pissed off from her statement. “This .” He thought.

He rolled his eyes, “In case you haven’t notice I’m not a smiley person.” He harshly replied and practically snatched the popsicle and run the barcode on the scanner. It didn’t detect the code even with multiple times he scanned it. He groaned and typed the code, with every punch of the number, he used an increasing force.

 

“What did the ice cream ever do to you?” Ae-Ri frowned in her mind but kept her facial expression as they were before, no hint of unnecessary emotion.

“I know. But, work is different. You should be more professional.” She commented, eyes looking over the total price and her hands shoved in her wallet.

 

Yoongi was boiling with anger. But, once again. Ae-Ri was quick with her words,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter