Chapter 1

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Blearily, he pulled his eyes open as the sunlight streamed into his room, illuminating his room and disrupting his dreams. 

A slight breeze blew in, ruffling the window curtains. Birds chirped outside, hungry babies and rushed parents. Listening a little harder, he could hear the honk of cars on the main road, the bark of a dog as it was met with a squirrel, the yell of an angry pedestrian as a leash was suddenly wrapped around his feet.

He took in a deep breath shifting around into a more comfortable position as he closed his eyes again, lulling his body back to sleep. 

Just as he was about to succeed, he was awoken by the ringing of his phone. 

Letting out a sigh, he fished for it on his bedside table. Swiping blindly across the screen, he held the phone to his ear.

“Hello,” he murmured.

“Dude, how are you still sleeping,” an low voice chastised him from the other end, “it’s almost 11. Get your out of bed and come outside. We’re all waiting for you,”

He peeled his eyes open and squinted at the caller ID, reading the familiar name “Annoying Runt”.

With a small groan, he put the phone back to his ear, “Give me 10 minutes,” he grumbled, kicking the blankets off of him.

“You have 2 before we break in,” the voice threatened before hanging up. 

Unfazed by the threat, Jin tossed his phone back onto his bed. With a huff, he pulled himself upright and stumbled into his bathroom. 

True to his word, he’d managed to clean himself up and make himself look presentable in just under 10 minutes. 

Although, that could also be said for his friends. 

When he finally stepped out of his bathroom, he was greeted with 6 boys loitering in his room.

“8 minutes and 56 seconds,” Jimin read aloud from his watch, his angelic voice clear and sharp, “not bad,” he praised, “did you brush your teeth while you pooped to save time?”

Jin blinked, “How did you guys get in?” he asked, ignoring the question. He tossed his towel onto his desk before moving to his wardrobe to find some clothes. 

“You left your balcony door unlocked,” RM told him while spinning circles in his chair. His ash gray hair was down, a few strands of his hanging over his eyes as he spun a pen in his fingers. A lollipop hung from the corner of his mouth. 

Jin glanced at him, remembering full well that he’d locked his balcony door last night. Sighing, he grabbed a sweater from the closet and tossed it over his head, “Since when did you learn to pick locks?” he asked, ruffling his hair to get some of the static out.

RM grinned, “I didn’t,” he told him. 

“I did,” Suga piped in, a mischievous grin on his lips as he fiddled with what seemed like a switchblade in his hands. His mint green hair was a disorderly mess as it always was. It was a look that no one could seem to ever figure out, and thus had become unique to him.

Jin made a face at him, making him snicker, before turning to shoot a pointed glare at Jungkook. 

The youngest one there met his glare with a look of innocence, his wide eyes not giving away a hint of guilt. 

“I came up last,” he explained, holding his hands up in surrender, “they told me the door was already unlocked,” 

Jungkook, despite being the youngest, was more or less the most responsible out of the group of them. He was the one coming in with a rational thought when the lot of them had their heads set on doing something reckless. Given, no one ever listened to his reasoning and they’d proceed regardless, they’d always come to regret not having listened to him in the first place. 

Please log in to read the full chapter