Parallel lines

Parallel lines
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I don't understand how the two of you are still going out."

 

Hyukjae commented as soon as Yesung carefully shut the door.

 

Kyuhyun looked at his friend and raised an eyebrow, wanting Hyukjae to elaborate his statement.

 

"The two of you are so different, and that is even more obvious since the two of you decided to share an apartment."


"What do you mean that Yesung hyung and I are different?" Kyuhyun asked.


"Well, Yesung hyung is a sensitive person while you can be a bit aloof sometimes." 

 

Kyuhyun frowned at him. "Are you saying I'm a cold person?"

 

"No. I'm saying that you're someone who doesn't care much about other things while hyung cares about almost everything."

 

Kyuhyun was still staring at Hyukjae without answering so Hyukjae decided to explain more. 

 

"Like, you'll be able to live if a few insults are thrown your way whereas hyung would definitely take it to heart. He cares so much about what others think of him. Heck, I think he also cares about what his dogs think of him."


"That's not really something that would tear our relationship if we're careful." Kyuhyun shrugged.


"I'm not done yet." Hyukjae replied and he began listing other things why he thinks that it's a wonder why Kyuhyun and Yesung are still dating. "Yesung hyung has a bit of a temper and you're someone who loves teasing him so much."


Hyukjae raised his hand to stop Kyuhyun before he could retort and continued.


"You also found his habit of touching people's philtrum weird. Not just that but, you dislike it too. You love drinking while hyung doesn't drink much. You also don't have much interests in common."


"That's not true." Kyuhyun immediately defended. Hyukjae stared at him with a look that says 'i don't believe you'


"Even our friends know that, Kyuhyun." Hyukjae told him. "There was even a time when Yesung hyung would tip toe around you. Leeteuk hyung also said that you two would definitely be awkward if you're left alone."


"Are you implying that we should have broken up a long time ago?" Kyuhyun asked with an irritated voice.


"I'm happy as long as the two of you are happy. But you have to admit, you and hyung are different. You're like parallel lines that won't meet."

 


-------

 

"Kyuhyun!" Yesung shouted right after he step out of their bedroom and saw their living room. "I don't care if you drink with your friends, but can't you atleast clean up? It's a mess in here" 

 

"I am going to clean it up. For now, can you let me sleep a bit more?" Kyuhyun replied, annoyed.

 

"You're not a kid, Kyuhyun. And you're definitely not the only one who lives in here so please be more considerate."

 

"I told you I'm going to clean it up. Maybe if you didn't turn down my invitation to drink, again, you'll understand that I need some more sleep." Kyuhyun grumbled sleepily.


"I rejected because I don't want to drink but, I didn't stop you. So why are you complaining?"


"Because it's still so early and you're already nagging."


"Because you didn't clean up your mess!"


Kyuhyun decided to hide his face under the pillow and ignore Yesung's irritated rant to sleep a bit more.


-----------------------------

 

"You should really stop your diet and eat more." Kyuhyun commented as he saw Yesung eat nothing but crackers for breakfast. "Eat with me, I'll cook for the two of us."

 

"I don't want to. I'm fine with this."

 

"You have to eat, you're going to be just skin and bones if you keep up with your unhealthy diet."

 

Yesung glared at him. He doesn't like it when people comment on his diet as if it's a bad thing. They just don't understand and it irritates him.

 

"Come on. What do you want?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Nothing. Just eat on your own." Yesung answered before going inside their bedroom and closing the door.

 

----------------------

 

"Kyuhyun, there's a new cafe I wanted to see. Can you please come with me?" Yesung asked with an excited face.


"I told you before, hyung. I don't really like going to cafes that much." Kyuhyun answered.

 

"Fine. Don't go. I'm going to ask someone else." Yesung pouted as he fished out his phone.

 


-----------------------

 

"Your hands are really small, just like a girl's."
Kyuhyun teased as he held Yesung's hand. They are on their way back to their apartment.


"Why do you keep making fun of my hands?" Yesung asked as he removed it from Kyuhyun's hold. "They're manly and it just happened to be smaller than yours!"

Please log in to read the full chapter