Final - Towards our Dream

Towards our Dream

It's past 3am when we finished our practice, we stayed in the practice room for 15 minutes. No one dare to speak nor to move, wanting to stay in the room to rest until the sun rises.

When they are set to back to their dorm, "Unnie are we walking on the right path?" Younger Eunbi asked.

"Yeah, unnie are we?" Older Eunbi added

Sojung shrugged her shoulders and said "Let's go back to our dorm then rest. I know everyone was exhausted. Let's talk about it later".

The girls went to their respective rooms. 2 members per room.

(Room Arrangement: Sojung-Yerin, Yuna-Jung Eunbi, Hwang Eunbi-Yewon)

Others were already sleeping however Sojung isn't.

Sojung's pov

“It is already 5am but I'm still not sleeping, we need to wake up 7am to practice again”. Sojun sigh, “What eunbi said earlier lingers in my mind, honestly I do not know also.  The thought of giving up is on my mind but seeing my members working hard towards our same dream, inspires me to work even more and not to give up.” mumbling to herself.

~~

It is already 7:30 when Sojung woke up. She saw her members preparing their breakfast.

“Good morning Unnie”, Yerin greeted her lovely unnie with a smile. She knows that all of them having a hard time, other than being physically tired they are also mentally tired. But hearing what her unnie said last night made her think that aside from being physically and mentally tired, Sojung has huge responsibility of being their leader.

“Wow, you guys already prepared out breakfast. Thank you, my lovely dongsaengs” Sojung said. While they are eating Sowon can’t help but to glance to each of them while smiling unconsciously.

After eating their breakfast, they met their manager at the lobby of their dormitory and went to their practice room. It’s been 5 hours since they start practicing, they are already tired and some of them was whining already on how they can’t move anymore due to tiredness.

“Oppa can we rest for a bit, at least 30 minutes or an hour?” Sojung asked their manager. Their manager hesitated for a bit, if he will allow the girls to rest for a long time. He agreed since, he knows that the girls are already physically and mentally tired. Maybe emotionally tired also.

“My lovely dongsaengs, Oppa allowed us to rest for an hour” Sojung said.

All of them sat on the floor, sharing stares with each other.  “I can do it, we can do it”, Yerin suddenly mumbled. Everyone heard it since no one is speaking and only their breathing can be heard.

“Yerin Unnie” Yewon called her with teary eyes.

“We are walking on the right path” Sojung said. Then she continued on telling her member what currently on her mind. “I think we are destined to be with each other, let’s keep going, we are already reaching it. This is not time for us to give up.”

“Sojung unnie is correct, I can feel it, and we can make it this time. We are going to debut anytime soon, let’s not give up” Yuna said.

“I know, I lack a lot in different aspects but seeing you guys working hard inspire me to do better. Aside from my family you are my strength. We may not blood related but we are family. You are my sisters from another parents.” Sojung honestly stated.

“Unnie I’m getting tired. I keep doubting if we can make it this time” Younger Eunbi said. Yewon also nodded since she also feel the same.

“Like what Yuna said earlier, we can make it this time. We will debut anytime soon. Let’s hold each other” Yerin said.

Sojung unconsciously smiled after hearing those words from Yuna and Yerin. “I can be your strength, if you’re too tired and felt like giving up on what we are doing” She said to her members.

The girls isn’t aware that their manager was listening to them outside the practice room. After a couple of minutes, he went inside and told the girls to go back to their dormitory.  The girls were shocked and curious why their manager suddenly telling them to back to their dorm and rest.

No one is moving on their places. “Oppa, sorry maybe you heard us whining earlier but we will continue on practicing.” The older Eunbi said

But their manager oppa gave them a warm smile and told them that it is okay. He also call out each them. “Kim Sojung, Jung Yerin, Jung Eunbi, Choi Yena, Hwang Eunbi, Kim Yewon sugohaesseo (Good job! You worked hard!). “

The girls suddenly felt emotional hearing that word from their manager. “I know you guys are working hard day and night. I know sometimes you sneak out to your dorm and go here to practice. Just keep going and don’t give up, you’re going to reach it. You need a break and don’t worry I’m going to explain to our CEO.” Their manager added.

The girls thanked their manager and went to their dorm.

After 2 months, the girls were busy practicing their vocal when the team manager and CEO went to their practice room. They are nervous since the last time the CEO visit while they are practicing is when he announced that their debut will be postponed.

“Everyone I have something to say, take a sit on the couch”, their CEO said and he suddenly play the mp3 player that he is currently holding. After the song was finished he asked the six of them on what they can say about the songs.

“The song is beautiful. It gave me chills while listening to it.” Yuna said

“The song that I let you listened is your debut song” their CEO announced. The girls were shocked learning that it is their debut song.

“R-really CEO-nim it’s our debut song?” Older Eunbi asked since she still can’t believe it and she’s doubting what her ears heard, that maybe she’s dreaming. But their CEO gave them a warm smile and said “Don’t doubt what your ears heard. It is real, it is your debut song and you guys will debut soon.”

The girls were crying not because of sadness but due to happiness. They hard work will be having a result. The CEO dismissed them and let them rest in their dorm.

~~

Flashback

Before their CEO dismissed them, he decided to tell the girls what will be name of their group.

“Also the name of your group will be GFRIEND (여자친구)” their CEO announced.

The girls thought they misheard it but their CEO added “You did not misheard it, GFRIEND (여자친구) – girlfriend but not in romantic meaning. GFRIEND holds the meaning that like good friends, I want you guys to perform good music and be together with everyone.”

“Some of you will be having a stage name” the team manager stated.

“Sowon will be your stage name Sojung, Eunha for Jung Eunbi, Yuju for Yuna, SinB for Hwang Eunbi and Umji for Yewon” the team manager announced

“For Yerin, you will be using your birth name” team manager added

Present time

When they reach their dorm, Sojung suddenly call them to gather in the living room for a bit. “Group hug!” she said.

“Let’s work hard even more. Our debut is not the end but a beginning to our new journey not as a trainee but an artist.” Sojung Added.

“Gfriend fighting!” the girls shouted.