fin

save your tears - Lee Taeyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for reading my story..

Song: save your tears - the weeknd

I saw you dancing in a crowded room
You look so happy when I'm not with you
But then you saw me, caught you by surprise
A single teardrop falling from your eye

After months of isolating himself, Taeyong's friends couldn't take it anymore. No matter how often they tried to get him out of his little bubble, he just couldn't leave his home, your home. Well, it was your home until you left. His heart ached at the thought, but still, after so much time he was waiting for you to come back home to him. Taeyong never left his apartment, he started working at his homeoffice and he rarely left for grocery shopping, most of the time he just ordered food. He was scared to miss you opening the door and come back to him. It would never happen, but he just hoped. 

But today was different, it was his best friends birthday after all, he promised him to spend time outside of his apartment and that was the best present he could give. "You have no idea how happy I am right now.", Jaehyun, the birthday boy, hugged his best friend. They were at a club, Taeyong just sipped on his drink and was deep in thoughts. What If you came home? What If you are waiting for him?

"Taeyong, it's been so long! How's it going?", Yuta, a mutual friend, asked him. The last time they saw each other was on Taeyong's birthday. Instead of spending his birthday with the love of his life, he was out the whole day, saying he was busy with work, even though he was with his friends clubbing. If he could, he'd turn back time just to spend his birthday with you for the last time. The thought left a bitter taste in his mouth. "Yeah, I'm good how about you?", he asked back. Taeyong just wanted to be alone in his bed, looking through the pictures you took when you were still dating. "The same. How's (Y/n), haven't seen her either for a while now."

Taeyong's grip on his glass hardened, he didn't hear your name since forever. 

Jaehyun saw his friend tensing up and pulled him away. "Taeyong I need you to go to the bar and get me anything. It's my birthday so please tread me.", Taeyong only nodded and left Yuta and Jaehyun. 

He shouldn't have come. He should've stayed at home. 

"What can I get you?", the bakeeper asked.  "Just an old fashioned."

Taeyong leaned against the counter, cursing to himself for coming here tonight. His eyes were looking for Jaehyun and the others, but he didn't see them at their table. He looked through the club and then he stopped at the crowded dance floor. His heart clenched and all the pain he had felt in all those months hit him again. There you were, smiling and dancing around. You looked so happy and he couldn't remember the last time you looked like that. Your crying face in pain was burned in his brain. You smiled widely but as you saw Taeyong looking at you, you stopped moving and your smile faded. The pain was back in your eyes, ripping Taeyong's part apart. You felt like your world fell apart. Again. A tear falling down your cheek as you still looked at him.

I don't know why I run away
I'll make you cry when I run away

It started a couple months before you broke up, he always left you saying he had to work all day and that everything was fine, even though you confronted him, asking why he was acting so weird, he just shrugged you off. 

"Taeyong, please talk to me.", it was past midnight. Most of the time you went to bed before he came back home, leaving you alone in the cold bed. But tonight you stayed up because you missed your boyfriend.

"I am really tired. Let's just go to bed, please.", he took off his work clothes and changed to his nightwear. "No, Taeyong. We didn't talk for like weeks. I miss you."

"We are talking. We just talked this morning. I don't know what your problem is.", he got under the blankets and you were still sitting on the edge of your bed. "I just told you in the morning that I washed your pants. I mean real talking about your day at work or mine, about I don't know, how you've been and-", he interrupted you with a yawn. 

"My day at work was exhausting and you non stop talking is also exhausting so could you please do me the favor and stop it. I want to sleep."

Your jaw dropped, he just interrupted you and told you to shut up? 

He turned his back to you and you were furious. You got up, took your pillow and decided to sleep in the living room.

You could've asked me why I broke your heart
You could've told me that you fell apart
But you walked past me like I wasn't there
And just pretended like you didn't care

Taeyong wanted to talk to you so bad. He missed your voice, he'd do anything just to talk to you. It was ironic, months ago he wanted you to stop talking to him. His palms were sweaty, he didn't know what to do. Should he go to you? Talk to you? Hold you and never let go? Taeyong hoped that you’d approached him, but you didn't. 

You left the dancefloor after you told your friend that you had to use the restroom and walked out of the dancefloor, past Taeyong, not even giving him a second look. His eyes never left you, your back facing him, you breathed in and out, You tried to calm your aching heart down, suddenly feeling suffocated. 

You rushed out of the club, holding onto your chest, trying to breathe and not to cry. You already cried more than enogh for him.

I don't know why I run away
I'll make you cry when I run away

A couple days later, Taeyong didn't come home. He didn't answer your calls nor did he answer your texts. 

( 00:24 ) Taeyong please call me I am worried.. Just tell me that you are safe.

( 01:27 ) Please pick up.

( 02:07) It's 2 am already..

( 03:33 ) I won't go to bed until you come back home. 

( 04:12) Taeyong tell me that you are alright, please

And he had more texts like those, but he didn't answer. 

Taeyong sighed and turned his phone off. "Aren't you going to answer?", Jaehyun asked him. "I'll call her later.", Taeyong sipped on his drink. "You can talk to me, you know that right? I know that something's bothering you.", Jaehyun patted his friend's back. 

"Everything's fine. Let's just have fun tonight."

The next day, Taeyong came home and saw you sleeping on the couch, without a blanket or a pillow, just with your phone in your hand. You opened your eyes slowly and as soon as you saw him, you jumped into Taeyong's arms.

"I was so worried.. W-Why didn't you call me..", you cried into his chest. He didn't even hug you back. 

"My phone was out of battery.", he lied. You knew that he lied, he left you on read. "Where were you?"

"Just with Jaehyun.", he slightly pushed you back. "I'm exhausted, I'm going to sleep." and again, he left you standing in the middle of their living room with tears falling down. "C-Can I sleep with you? I stayed up until 5 I think.."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Nobody asked you for that."

That caught you off guard. "What? I was worried sick, wouldn't you do the same?"

"No, I wouldn't. You can do whatever the you want. I'm not going to be like you, because it is suffocating.", he told you. "Taeyong what are you talking about? Are you angry at me because I was worried that my boyfriend didn't answer any of my calls or texts and didn't come home for the whole night?", he was really too much for you right now. 

"I'm so sick of this.", he sighed and said to himself but you heared it. "You are sick of me worrying for you? Alright, Taeyong. Do whatever you want, I won't bother you anymore."

And you really stopped. You were dying inside, worry eating you live. It's been three weeks since you tied to stop bothering him, but he didn't give you a choice. He'd sometimes stay at Jaehyun's for one or two days. Not even mentioning it to you. You cried yourself to sleep and thought about what you did wrong. Why he acted like this and if he didn't love you anymore.

Take me back 'cause I wanna stay
Save your tears for another
Save your tears for another day
Save your tears for another day

Taeyong rushed out of the club, going after you. "(Y/n)! Wait!", he ran after you but you started walking away faster. "Please- just wait a second.", you cursed at him for having long legs. He caught you by your wrist and stopped you from running away. "Please, (Y/n)."

"What do you want from me?", you didn't look up, too scared to look at him.

He let go of your wrist "I-I just..", no words were coming out of his mouth. Taeyong didn't even know what he could tell you. How he could make you come back. You looked thinner and you had bangs now, you looked as beautiful as always.

"Is that all?", you was about to turn around and walk away. "No.. No I'm sorry. I just,.. You changed your hair.."

You tried to hold back your tears and it worked. You didn't want to spend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter