No More Regrets

Regrets

Strangers. That’s what we were. Strangers. We were in the same class, sat next to each other occasionally and yet we were still strangers for some reason.

We never talked to each other properly. If anything was said it would have been a small ‘hello’ or ‘good morning’ but nothing else and it would always be from her. I was the one who snuck glances at her wondering whether I should start a conversation with her but I never did. I was the shy one and unfortunately for me, she was pretty shy too. Two shy people = silence.

My friends always teased me for liking her even though I didn’t know anything about her apart from her name. I liked her though. A lot. There was something that drew me to her. Maybe it was her oddly coloured grey eyes (seriously, I have never seen someone who is full Korean with natural grey eyes) or her sweet melodic voice. Yes, I, Moon Jongup was in deep. I was head over heels for her even though I barely knew anything about her.

Then that day came. That day of regret. All of those times I could have talked to her but I chose not to were lost. I chose to chicken out instead of starting a conversation with her.

I sat in class waiting and wondering when she was going to arrive. She was always here before me so I couldn’t help but worry when I saw that she wasn’t here yet. Minutes passed. Then an hour. Then the whole day passed and she didn’t arrive. I waited the next day too. She didn’t turn up. And I did the same the day after that but again she didn’t turn up. She wasn’t present for that whole week.

I asked one of her friends where she was and if she was okay the following week. She didn’t turn up on that Monday either. She smiled gently and told me she was fine and that the reason why she hadn’t been to school was because she had moved. My heart dropped when she had told me this. So many regrets. I had so many of them. I wish I could have said something to her other than “can I borrow a pen?”

Her friend patted me on the shoulder and gave me a knowing look before walking away. What was that supposed to mean? What did she know? She couldn’t possibly know about that could she?

“Oh yeah, Jongup? She told me to tell you she enjoyed your company and it’s mutual,” she yelled back to me with a smile on her face.

I cocked my head in confusion trying to decipher what she meant by that. We never did anything but sit in silence and exchange glances. ‘Your eyes can say everything you wanted to say. You can have a conversation with no words but with glances; your eyes will do the speaking. That’s why you can’t say something without meaning it because it will show in your eyes.’ Her voice echoed in my head as I remember her saying that in a lesson once. Did that mean she knew everything I felt towards her? ‘It’s mutual’, what did that mean?

My eyes lit up as I realised that it could mean she felt the same for me. I couldn’t stop that stupid grin from appearing on my face as I ran through that possibility multiple times. But it faded when I realised there was nothing I could do now.

“Wait!” I called to her friend as I ran towards her. She turned around and raised an eyebrow. “Do you have her number or email address or something?” I asked hoping she would say yes.

“Beter late than never,” she chuckled as she scribbled it on a piece of paper. “Good luck,” she said with a grin.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I thanked her softly before turning around to walk home. No more regrets. I was going to turn our relationship as strangers into something more.

---

I hope you guys liked this. Short & sweet. Hehe, Jongup's so cute ^^ Ugh seriously, B.A.P make it so hard for me to choose a bias. Originally my bias was Daehyun (I always seem to choose the lead/main vocalists) but I've loved Bang Yongguk ever since his debut with Song Jieun and Jongup is just *-*. I could go on more about them but I'll stop. Haha.

Please comment down below. Leave me your opinion & I was thinking of making a oneshot collection just for B.A.P. What do you guys think?

And oh, shameless promoting... Please apply for my fic if you haven't already: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/139999