CASE #1: THE LOST COSMOS [Part 2]

Save You Tonight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was seated beside his partner at one of the fancy restaurants near the Sky Museum. They were eating lunch with the museum’s director who was seated across them and was spouting foreign names of food to the waiter attending to their table.

 

“So how are you planning to go about the Cosmos case?” the director finally asked as the waiter left.

 

“I’ll say this straight to you now, Sir, and I hope you don’t take this personally,” Kyungsoo replied, “but I don’t just tell anyone how I solve the cases I’m handling unless—”

 

“Unless that anyone is me,” his partner confidently proclaimed, earning himself a glare from Kyungsoo.

 

“Well, there’s that,” Kyungsoo conceded. It’s not like he can keep his partner clueless about his ways if they need to really make it as a pair. “And unless we need you to do something for us. Right now, Sir, you’ve been more than enough help for us already.”

 

“I see,” the director said. “If that’s the case, I guess you can call me on my personal number then if you find yourselves needing anything from me.” He got out a crisp calling card from his -pocket and handed it to Kyungsoo.

 

They ate in silence and, after the meal, the two agents parted ways with the director.

 

Driving back to SYT headquarters was a quiet trip, both pondering the details about the case. As soon as the car was parked back at SYT, Kyungsoo quickly started walking to his office in an attempt to lock his companion out of it. He’s tired, and he wants to relax his mind. But, the guy was faster with his longer legs which gave him longer strides—Dammit , Kyungsoo sighed—and beat him to the door.

 

“Nice try, Detective,” the guy mocked, walking inside Kyungsoo’s office like it’s his own space. “You can’t get rid of me so easily.”

 

Kyungsoo let out an exasperated breath, resigning to his fate. “Okay. Listen up.” He gave his partner a leveled stare. “Here’s the deal. You let me do my work in peace and you can hang out here.”

 

“Sounds good enough,” the guy said, slouching over the couch. “Anyways, what’s your plan for this case?”

 

Kyungsoo headed towards his desk. “Why don’t you guess?” he challenged the guy, not bothering to even look back at him.

 

“Hmmm. What would Detective Do Kyungsoo do?” Kyungsoo could sense the smirk forming on his partner’s lips. “Well, I bet you’ll do these things…” His partner enumerated several things that actually match bits and pieces of the grand scheme that Kyungsoo’s brewing in his head.

 

“Why are you not a top detective if you know so much about handling a case?” Kyungsoo asked, surprised at the guy’s knowledge. Sure, he has heard words around the headquarters about his partner’s intelligence and skills, but when he was paired up with the guy just a few days ago, all he has witnessed firsthand is how annoying the guy can be with his sarcasm and unnecessary quips.

 

The guy walked towards the front of Kyungsoo’s desk, resting his palms on it and leaning his upper body a bit to level his face with Kyungsoo’s. He gave Kyungsoo an unblinking stare. “It’s not that I know so much about solving crimes and mysteries. It just so happens that I know you,” the guy said, drawling out the last word.

 

Kyungsoo shivered from the way that the guy talked and stared at him at the same time. Which irritated him. He knew the guy was teasing, but Kyungsoo has limits also. If his partn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter