1 - A Walk-in to Remember

Lips Like Sugar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another resounding no echoed inside the conference hall where the planning for the launching ad of EXO Cosmetics’ latest lipstick brand, SUGAR™, is being held. It has been the fifth time the said word was uttered by Kim Kai as the list of other celebrities are being shown to him individually so that he can choose the one he will be paired up with. The marketing team has started to become anxious since they’re down to only three persons left in the list and it’s starting to feel like they’d have to come up with a new list.

 

“What about Krystal?” Baekhyun—the head of the marketing team that’s in charge of SUGAR™ promotions—asked Kai, showing another celebrity in the slideshow he prepared for the selection process.

 

“No,” Kai replied without second thoughts. “People still think we dated just because some random reporter got a photo of us together. Doing an ad with her will just add fuel to the fire.”

 

“But don’t you see that as a good publicity stunt?” Baekhyun asked. “I mean, we’re not going to confirm nor deny anything about you two. But people will be intrigued enough since the two of you are still a hot topic.”

 

“Then, what’s the point of doing an ad for the product if all people will look forward to are gossips?” Kai challenged. “No offense, Baek, I know how much you’re invested in this, but, as the son of the owner of EXO, I want the products to be known more than whoever does the ad. That’s actually the major reason why this has been the first time I agreed to take part in an ad for the company. You know how people can get easily distracted by the models that they missed the whole point of the ad.”

 

“I understand,” Baekhyun relented. “I guess I got too carried away by the idea of wanting the product to be a success that I forgot what’s really essential.” He turned to look at his assistant. “Chanyeol, let’s proceed to the next person on the list.”

 

Chanyeol clicked the remote control and the slideshow turned to a photo of Jennie.

 

“No. No explanations as well.”

 

Baekhyun sighed. He motioned for Chanyeol to proceed to the next and last celebrity for the list they have. But before Chanyeol can even press the remote control, a knock by the door  interrupted their meeting.

 

“Go ahead,” Kai said, when Baekhyun looked towards him for permission. Baekhyun, in turn, asked Chanyeol to see who it was outside the door.

 

As Chanyeol went by the door, Kai busied himself on his phone, letting his manager know the progress of the meeting. Apparently, he also has a script reading he needs to attend in an hour. He decided he’s going to tell Baekhyun to reschedule the meeting since it seems that today was a futile attempt anyway.

 

“Baekhyun-sunbae,” a foreign voice called, which made Kai look up from his phone. What he saw surprised him. Standing in front of Baekyun is easily one of the most beautiful people Kai has seen in his whole life. Which means a lot considering Kai works in the showbiz industry, plus the fact that he’s an heir to a cosmetics company.

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo, what brings you here?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Mr. Kim personally asked me to give this to you,” Kyungsoo replied, handing a manila envelope to Baekhyun. “He said this needs to be worked on before the SUGAR™ launching date. He also said to meet him after your meeting with Mr. Kai.”

 

“Okay. Is that all?”

 

“Yes, sunbae. I’ll go ahead now.” Kyungsoo his heel, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter