1

midnight sleepover.

it was 2 a.m. and joohyun could barely close her eyes. thanks to seungwan - her bestfriend slash her room mate that made her drink almost three cups of coffee this morning.

being the well known two geniuses in their college, both joohyun and seungwan always had that "healthy competition" between two of them. and it was joohyun who lost this time. 

joohyun got 98 for her test, and seungwan got a perfect score. and there was a deal was made before they had the test. whoever with higher score, that person could tell the other one to do anything the winner wanted and the other person had to do it no matter what. 

joohyun was never a big fan of coffee. she actually hated it so much. she never understood why people loved drinking the black liquid with bitter taste. it tasted so horrible, at least for joohyun. she preferred milk or juice, or something sweet.

but a promise was a promise. seungwan took this chance to make joohyun drank almost three cups of coffee. it was supposed to be five cups but joohyun seemed like to not be able to take it anymore on her third cup. worried that something bad will happen to joohyun, seungwan told her to stop.

seungwan couldn't stop being worried about joohyun for the whole day. she couldn't help but feeling guilty towards her best friend. but she was really glad that nothing bad had happened to joohyun. after looked after joohyun and made sure that she was okay, seungwan decided to leave her shared dorm with joohyun and went home. it was saturday on the next day, and it meant no class for tomorrow. joohyun usually went home too but her house was empty because her mom and dad went back to daegu to visit her grandmother. joohyun had no choice, so she just stayed in her room, alone.

joohyun had been trying to sleep. she tried everything, but the amount of caffeine in her blood was just too much. no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't fall asleep.

joohyun sighed, looking at the moving screen in front of her without interest. she had been watching movies for 5 hours and she was getting bored.

joohyun usually went to her another friend's room, but just like seungwan, all of them always left on friday night. the dorm building where joohyun was staying was almost empty.

that one person's name suddenly appeared on her mind. joohyun didn't know why she was suddenly thinking about that annoying person but maybe because joohyun was too desperate and from what joohyun knew, she was the only person that never left the dorm during weekends.

joohyun grabbed her phone from the nightstand beside her bed, and sent her biggest enemy a message. she didn't even remember since when she had that annoying jock's number on her phone.

to : seuljerk

are you still awake? 

after the message was sent, joohyun threw her phone onto her bed. she lied down, and closed her eyes. a long sigh escaped her lips.

joohyun didn't really know if she could call seulgi as her 'enemy' or not, but she was not her friend either. it's just, joohyun sometimes find the monolid annoying. seulgi was that typical rebel jock that hated studying, and always broke the rules. she loved to annoy her as well. there was no day without seulgi teasing her.

but deep down there, joohyun knew that seulgi was not a bad person.

joohyun didn't know what thing that had got into her but once again, maybe because she was just too desperate and needed a company.

15 minutes had passed, and there's no reply from seulgi. joohyun didn't expect seulgi to be awake at this time, too.

joohyun was about to try to sleep (for the nth time) when she suddenly heard a knock on the door.

joohyun frowned, feeling confused. who would visit her at this time?

she got up, walked towards the door and opened it.

"what the-"

"hello, ms. big brain."

there was seulgi standing there with two plastic bags on her both hands. her hair was tied into a messy bun. she was wearing an oversized yellow sweater, baggy checkered pajamas pants and a pair of slippers that you usually get for free from staying in hotels.

not forgetting the stupid grin plastered on her face.

"aren't you going to let me come in?"

joohyun rolled her eyes. she moved a bit, giving space for seulgi to come in.

seulgi walked in, and put the plastic bags on the floor.

"why are you here?"

seulgi sat on joohyun's bed, and looked at the older.

"because you messaged me?"

"i didn't ask you to come? i only asked if you are still awake or not."

joohyun walked closer to seulgi, and sat beside her.

"that's the point. i know you always sleep early and when you are still awake at this time it means you can't sleep. i might hate studying but i'm not stupid."

seulgi flashed her stupid grin and joohyun chuckled in annoyance. 

joohyun was actually surprised. how did seulgi even know that?

seulgi crawled onto joohyun's bed, lied down and slipped into joohyun's blanket.

"so it seems like we are going to spend the night together?" seulgi asked with naughty smirk on her face.

not long after that, she could feel a pillow smoothly landed on her face.

"you ert!"

-

after refusing to be on the same bed as seulgi, joohyun finally gave up and sat beside seulgi. they were now munching the potato chips seulgi brought with her earlier.

"were you sleeping when i texted you?" joohyun asked.

seulgi, with her eyes still on the television screen in front of them, answered.

"yeah."

joohyun looked at seulgi immediately.

"did i wake you up?"

this time, seulgi's gaze left the screen and looked at joohyun.

"do you even need to ask? isn't that obvious?"

"oh right, you really look like a homeless beggar when i saw you earlier. i almost mistaken you as one."

"excuse me, ms. big brain. you should be thanking me, not insulting me. don't you think so?"

joohyun rolled her eyes, and chuckled. 

seulgi shifted her attention back to the screen again and focused on the movie that was playing. joohyun stayed silent, throwing a glance at seulgi from the side.

"why did you come?"

"because it seemed like you needed a company."

"you could have ignored my message and went back to sleep."

seulgi was about to put another chip into , but she stopped. she looked at joohyun.

"you really want know why?"

joohyun gulped. she could feel the sudden change of tension around them.

she nodded her head in response.

"because i care about you."

joohyun didn't expect that coming from the monolid.

joohyun started to laugh, awkwardly.

"stop lying, i know we both hate each other."

"of course, you always think that way."

seulgi didn't even laugh, and joohyun stopped laughing immediately.

seulgi was really serious. she put the potato chips bag on the nightstand, took the tv remote and paused the movie.

"i really care about you, joohyun."

seulgi stared into joohyun's eyes. joohyun really wanted to say something but things just wouldn't come out from her lips.

"i know you have always think that i'm annoying. i'm actually okay with that. as long as you are happy, as long as you are not hurt. i'm okay with everything."

"seulgi-"

"you hate me because i always tease and annoy you. but i don't do that with anyone else."

seulgi paused for a while, and continued.

"i only do that to you. you know why?"

seulgi moved her body a bit and turned her body facing joohyun.

"i want to get close to you but i don't know how. we are really different, i know. you are smart, you are everyone's role model. you are every lecturer's favorite, meanwhile i'm just another lazy rebel that hates to study."

joohyun gulped. she was not ready for the sudden's confessions coming from seulgi.

"i don't know but i just feel... we really come from two different worlds. i can't talk to you because i know you will find me weird and we won't get along. so i did it. i annoy you, tease you everyday, so that you can finally notice me. just like what i said before, i know you find me annoying. you hate me. but it's okay, because at least i can get to know you, even in a not really good term."

joohyun just stayed silent, waiting for seulgi to continue. joohyun never seen this side from seulgi so she was a bit shocked.

"i've been liking you from day 1. i've been waiting for this day, to finally confess to you. i know you will hate me even more after this. don't worry, i know my place. i didn't expect you to have the same feelings, it's okay. i just want to tell you and even after this you want me to leave, i understand."

"kang seulgi-"

"i know i look so stupid right now and i might regret saying this later, but... i don't know... joohyun, you are the most beautiful girl i've ever met. i love every single thing about you. call me cheesy, but i'm being honest here. i love the way you smile. i love the way you laugh whenever i try to make a lame joke. i love the way you frown whenever you see me. i love the way you pout when you are annoyed. i love your soothing voice, i love your scent. i just... i'm just so ing in love with you, you won't even understand."

seulgi stopped, and took a breath after confessing a long paragraph too joohyun.

"okay, that's all. i will leave. i-"

joohyun didn't know what had gotten into her but she pulled seulgi's collar and crashed their lips together.

it was only a simple peck, no one's moving, even an inch.

after seconds, joohyun finally pulled away, with her had still grabbing seulgi's collar.

their faces were still so close. joohyun could even hear seulgi's breath and heart beat from this distance. she looked at seulgi's eyes, and said.

"i never hate you."

seulgi blinked a few times, still trying to process what had just happened.

"joohyun-"

"yes, you are annoying sometimes. and i always act like i'm really annoyed and hate to be around you. but seriously, seulgi. i don't hate you."

joohyun slowly removed her hand from seulgi's sweater.

"i... i won't message someone i hate at this time. i won't... kiss someone i hate."

"so it's true you just kissed me."

seulgi flashed that stupid grin once again in attempt to kiss her. joohyun's face turned red.

"y-you won't shut up! you didn't let me talk."

"but did you really need to? did you want me to shut up or did you want to kiss me?" seulgi teased.

"stop teasing me!"

joohyun hid her red face with her blanket, and seulgi couldn't stop laughing.

"i will forever tease you."

seulgi tried to remove the blanket from joohyun but joohyun refused.

"hey, talk to me, i won't tease you again i promise."

seulgi slowly moved the blanket, only to see joohyun's red face. seulgi could tell that joohyun was really embarrassed but she tried her best not to laugh.

she cupped joohyun's face with her both palms, and slowly turning joohyun to face her.

seulgi caressed joohyun's cheeks with her thumb.

"i didn't know your caressing your cheeks would feel this good."

seulgi moved her right hand, and pat joohyun's head lightly. her hand moved down, joohyun's hair gently.

"i like you- no, i love you, joohyun."

"prove it." 

seulgi raised one of her eyebrows.

"how do you want me to prove it?"

"kiss me."

seulgi was taken a back by joohyun's sudden bold move.

"say no more."

seulgi put her left hand on joohyun's small waist and her right hand behind joohyun's nape, pulled her closer, and crashed her lips together.

joohyun responded  by putting her arms on seulgi's shoulder, tangling around seulgi's neck.

it was a simple peck at first, but seulgi initiated. she moved her lips, and joohyun just followed. it was a bit sloppy since seulgi knew it was joohyun's first time but everything just felt so good. having joohyun around her arm, joohyun's lips moving on hers, seulgi couldn't be happier.

kissing joohyun felt so good. on the other side, joohyun was thinking the same. she never expected kissing seulgi would feel this good. she never expected that she had been being denial and she actually had feelings for seulgi all this time.

after a few minutes, both of them pulled away to catch breath.

"do you like me, joohyun?"

"uh... i guess?"

"you guess?"

seulgi raised one of her eyebrows, looking at joohyun, confused.

"i don't know, seulgi. just like what i said before, i never really hate you. okay, i admit, i hated you at first, but then i realized that you are not that bad..."

joohyun stopped for a while, and continued.

"i didn't know that maybe all of this time, i have been denial, about my feelings for you. the way you tease me, yes, i'm not going to lie that i'm annoyed sometimes, but the feelings i feel, it's more than that. it's like i'm getting used to you and your teases, seul."

joohyun never confessed like this to someone. anxiety started to creep up on her. seulgi realized, she reached out her hand to hold joohyun's.

"it's okay, take your time."

joohyun took a deep breathe, and released it.

"i don't know since when i have this feelings but i started to notice another thing from you, seul. i started to learn another side of you, that you are more than just a rebel jock that loves to annoy me. i know that i'm rambling right now but that's what i have been feeling. i know it's a bit complicated, i can't understand myself either."

seulgi understood that joohyun was still not sure about her feelings, and she didn't want to rush things too.

seulgi's tightened her hold on joohyun's hand.

"i understand. take your time, joohyun. it's okay, we can take this slowly. don't rush things." seulgi looked at joohyun, and smiled.

"you'll wait?" joohyun asked.

seulgi chuckled, and flashed a smile.

"do you even need to question that? of course i will, stupid."

 

-