of heartaches and yearning

of heartaches and yearning
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 


"Son Seungwan? Son Seungwan!"

 

She snapped out her dazed stupor, blinking tired eyes from behind thin-frames that barely conceal dark circles and droopy eyelids.

 

"Ah, yes! Here!"

 

She immediately went up to the counter, grabbing her warm cup of caramel macchiato, sipping on it lightly as she went out of the coffee shop.

 

The weather has been cold and unrelenting as of late, making her exchange her usual shirt and fleece cardigan ensemble to trenchcoats and hoodies. She pulled her coat closer, warding off the cold that seeped through the fabric of her clothes, mind wandering to a distant conversation she had with a certain someone during this time of year.

 

 

 

'Let's talk' messages has never sounded so foreboding, then.

 


The way their conversation went from reminiscing their good memories, awkward moments that blossomed into love, shy glances that evolved into stares that bore afffection and warmth, flutters that became permanent fixtures whenever they're together until ... she grew too serious.

 


Once bright expressive doe eyes, dimming and dulling, vibrant brown eyes now almost a shade of grey.

 


"Hyun, what's wrong?" her unease barely concealed, smile slipping off her face as she watched Joohyun look down at their joint fingers, face unreadable, then she let go of her hands on the table. 

 


She felt like she's pushed away.

 


"You're all I ever want, Seungwan ah. You're ... all I ever need. I have never loved anyone else the same way I've loved you."

 


"Hyun, wh--"

 


"And because of that, I felt like in the process of loving you, I have lost myself."

 

 

Seungwan reached out to hold her hand again, eyes burning with unshed tears, breath catching, heart aching.

 


But Joohyun took her hand off the table, putting up walls that she can't even break nor reach.

 


And Joohyun lifted her head up, eyes determined and undettered by the distraught look on her face.

 

<

Please log in to read the full chapter