Chapter 1

Northridge School For Miraculous Girls

Jennie’s POV

I woke up today in a surprisingly good mood. My roommate and best friend Jisoo was still sleeping. So I took this time to use the bathroom first. I grabbed my school uniform and a towel and went off into the bathroom. I took a nice warm shower. It was very relaxing. Since I have been feeling tense for the past few days. When I got out of the shower I dried myself off and put on the uniform.

i16axH0p5Bl95DHDHPCns5EJMcHgTV20taUNVvXzdfahopgJS8yLsG7yuk4VnwsG7Gf9laSi0ennHbobnxY-b42EHJrqSrpKkO5jHK7ro7gKByCxEOphkWFnwIhU-bc_UJBpZz9k

I paired it off with a pair of my favorite black flats. I straightened my hair and put more natural makeup on. I walked out of the bathroom and went over to a still sleeping Jisoo. I shook her multiple times. But she didn’t budge. I then had a thought. I snickered at it and went close to her ear

“Jisoo if you don’t get up i’m going to make it so you and Rosé never get together.” She quickly jumped up.

“You won’t even dare.” She challenged.

“I shall.” I brought my fingers up to snap them. But she quickly jumped out of the bed and held my hand down.

“Jennie Kim you are not going to ruin my future like that.” She said loudly.

“I totally could.” I said.

“I will ask Somi to get rid of your powers.” She said walking to the door.

“It’s not like it’s a permanent thing, You get that right?” I asked sarcastically. She glared at me and walked into the bathroom.

“Save me a seat in the dining hall.” She yelled behind the closed bathroom door.

“I’ll try to.” I said unreasuringly.

“Just do it Jennie.” She yelled again. I snickered and started walking out of the door. When I walked out of the door I closed and locked it. So Jisoo doesn’t get kidnapped while in the shower. I headed towards the school’s dining hall. So I could have breakfast with my friends. As I got closer to the dining hall it felt quiet. Like everyone was waiting for something to happen. I just walked over to the table that my friends resided at and saw them holding a folder.

“Hey guys what’s that?” I asked curiously.

“Well Irene got this file from the principal’s desk.” Joy answered.

“I can see. But what’s in it?” I asked again.

“The new student’s file.” Irene said.

“Well are you guys gonna just stare at it or are you gonna just stare at it.” I picked up the folder and opened it. The girl was definitely pretty. She seemed interesting. Her file said that she had mind manipulation. I have always wanted to see the effects of that power. The school only had around 50 students with all different types of powers. So you rarely saw any two people with the same power. So mind manipulation is something I've really never seen. While we're all just staring at the file the whole dining hall went silent. Our table all looked up and saw the new girl. Her hair was cut around her shoulders and was black. She pulled off the uniform while. Pairing it with black combat boots and a pearl necklace. She wasn’t wearing the vest over top of her white button up blouse. She walked through the dining hall. Sometimes bumping into some people. The people she bumped into looking somewhat dumb founded. She walked all the way to an empty table and sat down. I wanted to get up and walk over there. But before I could Rosé pulled Seulgi over there and they both sat there. They seemed to be asking her some questions. I focused back on my friends. But then the bell rang signaling the start of the first period. Everyone quickly got up and went to their classes. I didn’t have first period with my friends. So I quickly made my way across campus to the math class. I walked to my chair in the back of the class and just sat down. I sat in my chair on my phone waiting for the class to begin. The teacher was late and I was surprised. Ms.Chaerin was never late. After about 10 minutes she walked in with the new girl right behind her. Everyone looked up when the door closed and just like in the dining hall. They just stared. Not gonna lie I was staring too. She introduced herself to the class. But I wasn’t listening. I just tuned everything out to stare. I heard my name called and that pulled me out of my trance.

“Jennie raise your hand.” Ms.Chaerin said. I raised my hand and she pointed over to me. The new girl walked over to the seat next to me and sat down. I looked over and just stared at her side profile. She had a really pretty side profile.

“Um why are you staring at me.” The new girl said in a hushed tone. I extended my hand to her.

“Hi my name is Jennie.” I said smiling at her.

“Um i’m Lisa.” She looked at my hand and then back at me. “I don’t really like physical contact.” She said, still staring at my hand.

“Oh i’m sorry.” I retracted my hand away from her. She turned her head to the front of the class. I wanted to learn more about her. So I started to hum to get her attention. She wouldn’t turn her head. So I got out a piece of paper and asked her a few questions on it. I threw it over to her desk. She noticed and opened up the paper. I saw her read through all my questions. I saw a hint of a smile form on her face reading some. She then took out a pink pen and I quess answered all of them. She passed me back the answered sheet of paper. I read through them

  1. What is your power?

Mental Manipulation

  1. What do your powers do?

I can do wonky things to people’s minds

  1. Does it have any limitations?

I have you touch a person for them to work

  1. What are your hobbies?

I love dancing and photography

  1. Do you have any pets?

I have four cats

  1. How is the start of your first day going?

It’s going pretty well

 

I looked over and smiled at her. She smiled a little back at me. I looked back up front to the teacher. I spent the whole rest of the class stealing glances at Lisa and paying attention

===========================================================

3 MONTHS LATER

JENNIE’S POV

It has been 3 months since I’ve had a somewhat conversation with Lisa. Everytime in math class we would share a good morning here and there. But nothing really past that. I got annoyed seeing Lisa freely speaking to what seemed like a hand chosen group of individuals. Those individuals were Seulgi, Rosé, Dahyun, and Tzuyu. She had told me that she didn’t like physical contact. But i’ve seen her touch Seulgi’s hand so many times. This felt unfair. I wanted to touch her hand. I just need to get over this over bearing feeling. But it doesn’t really matter. It’s time for lunch and I am hungry. As I was walking I heard a ping from my phone. I turned it on and noticed an update from the school drama account. I started reading it.

7o7u3yItRsPe92kiaWutLHuqNqZ22QnvhbtUCxWZRSumz3EHXonYhCycQvS4To-1kSKbnDhSPR-Qbygp8BOzF-W9zOGe_fwTyXAMFP1NhBEETvPJ-XZ8dMVEB6SubulFgIdRZuSF

I was shocked to read this. It makes me wonder if she used her powers on anyone else. Maybe even more of her friends. I quickly walked to the dining hall and sat right next to her.

“Hey, Lisa, can we talk.” She looked up from her phone and gave me a small smile.

“Sure what’s up?”She asked. I pulled up the tweet and handed her my phone. She read over it and laughed. “I-I’m sorry but how are people just now finding out about this?” She said, still laughing. I looked at her with a curious look.

“$20 to get a memory suppressed, $10 to go unconscious, $50 to increase or decrease someone’s mental capacity, $100 for mind control, $15 for a mental barrier, $80 to control someone else’s mind, and $250 to take away the effects of someone else’s powers temporarily.” She said laughing. I was still confused. All she did was list off parts of her power and a price.

“Are you confused? Because you're looking at me funny.” She said, still laughing.

“What do those prices mean?” I was still confused.

“Well when people need those services I provide them. If they pay that price.” She said, trying to explain.

“So you sell your powers.” She shook her head.

“No, I sell the effects of my power.” She said looking at me.

“That’s still selling your powers Lisa.” I said.

“Ok fine i’m selling my powers.”

“Who else have you used them on. Other than your own friend.” I asked her.

“Yeri was only my acquaintance. She isn’t considered a friend.” She said bluntly. I just looked at her surprised. She talks to Yeri on a daily basis. She sat at the same table as her. But she doesn’t consider her a friend.

“I’m so confused right now Lisa.” I said puzzled.

“Well I only consider Rosé, Seulgi, Dahyun, and Tzuyu my friends. Everyone else is just a test run on friendship.” I can’t believe the words that were coming out of this girl’s mouth. A test run on friendship that doesn’t sound like the best thing to do. But it’s not like she’ll really let me remember their friendship. She would most likely just use her powers on them. Just like she did with Yeri. As I was still thinking. A slam was heard on the table. 

“Manoban what did you do.”