An Inquiry into the Depth of Intimacy( Intro )

Sass Me More?!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

♡----------------------------------------------♡

 

It was an unusually quiet night at Yena’s apartment. The repetitive school cycle of tiresome classes, loads of unhelpful homework, and group projects had depleted the girls of life itself.

 

The third year at university notoriously had been known as the “death year” It is around this time where students are overwhelmed in difficult upper-level courses while also burdened with the full responsibility that came about from being young adults entering society; A role none of which volunteered for. 

 

Mina, and Nayeon, knowing their little juniors were in low spirits, had decided to come over and prepare the girls a nice home-cooked dinner of curry-- as nobody in the apartment had any competency for being in the kitchen. By the time they had arrived at around 7:00 P.M, Miyazaki Sakura and Ahn Yujin were also at the apartment.

 

Chaewon couldn’t join as she had three tests to take in the morning, which worked out firstly because somebody had to stay home with little Minhyun and Hoo. Secondly, Yena’s apartment peaked at full capacity with only the nine girls that were present. Their “dinner table”, which was really a low coffee table the girls found at some garage sale during the summer, could only barely fit the roommates as it was--- and so, they all ate in a somewhat quiet fashion around the living room floor. The emphasis on the “quiet” was what made the statement Yena was about to say, all the more wild.

 

 

“Does losing your ity hurt?” 

 

 

Many in the room sported blank and confused expressions--wondering if they had heard wrong.

 

“Repeat?” Nayeon said in a baffled voice. She was sitting the closest to Yena and had one hand resting on her knee like some sort of mob lord. Her spoonful of curry was still hanging in --causing her words to slur.

 

Yena’s face reddened as she realized everybody had heard her. Truthfully, she did not mean to ask the question out loud, rather she had been in a deep mental conversation until she carelessly said what she did. 

 

Realizing that all eyes were still on her and there was no way she could sly her way out of the situation, Yena mustered the courage to repeat, “It usually hurts to lose your ity right?” She said in a small voice. Not knowing who to direct the question to, her impulse was to look onto Nayeon who she trusted the most.

 

The older girl wore a sickened face with the spoon still hung from ---the base almost touching the tip of her nose. there is no way I am answering that question. Nayeon thought to herself. She turned towards the couch where her girlfriend Mina was sitting between Minju and Yuri. Mina was in the middle of showing the two younger girls new videos of Minhyun before Yena broke the universe with her outlandish question. 

 

“It...can? I think most of the time it hurts.” Mina answered with a frown.

 

“Did it hurt for you?” Yena turned from her sitting position on the floor to face an amused Mina.

 

 

“That’s usually not a question you ask at random Yena.” Mina teased the younger girl. Even as unexpected as Yena’s late-night question came, Mina was pretty sure as to where and why the curiosity developed. It had been a little over half a year since Chaewon and Yena had started dating. Curiosity into the depths of romantic intimacy tended to beseech even the more innocent types such as Yena by now. 

 

“Are you thinking about losing it Yena?” Mina challenged with a raised eyebrow. 

 

Yena once again flushed deeply not wanting to be the receiving end of the conversation. This wasn’t a question she wanted to answer in front of all her friends. She understood what Mina meant by how these questions should not come out carelessly. Not quick enough to think of a way to evade the question, and sure as hell unable to lie to her other favorite unnie, Yena answered truthfully. “I’m not sure.” 

 

Mina nodded, already knowing Yena’s answer before she had even asked.

 

“She soooo does want to lose it.” Hyewon scoffed. She lowered her now third empty bowl of curry, her bear-like stomach satisfied for at least another hour. “Chaewon and her had been dating for 197 days now. You would have to be a loser to not lose it by now.”

 

“Why do you know the exact day count?” Sakura asked from the furthest corner of the room. When the Japanese girl realized all attention in the room had shifted to her, she made sure to untangle her hand free of Chayeon’s under the blanket they had conveniently decided to share. This way nobody in the room could suspect her secret romance with Chaeyeon, or so she thought.

 

“Yena likes to cross out the day on the calendar in the kitchen while saying the day count,” Yuri answered in a distasteful voice. Yena notoriously was not a girl of strong discipline. It had taken Yuri over two years to train her best-friend and room buddy to even fold her bed in the morning. Yet, when it came to anything that had to do with Chaewon, Yena could have been a walking calendar--rehearsing the exact date and times of petty romantic accomplishment that only dumb teenagers would remember. 

 

“I’m surprised they dated this long without doing it. They might as well carry a bible around and call themselves nuns,” Hyewon continued in a dry voice. She regretted making this comment as she locked gazes with Nayeon. 

 

The older girl popped the spoon out and pointed it accusingly at Hyewon, “And so have you and Tzuyu done it?”

 

 Small oohs and snickers went around the room.

 

“The winter festival was last week so that means you guys have dated for over a year now! Where is your bible hmm?” Nayeon taunted. 

 

“We’ve DONE it,” Hyewon said in a defensive posture. She tried to impose herself over the older girl by rising to her knees so that she looked taller. It almost worked in catching Nayeon to lean back in surprise if only Hyewon’s voice didn’t betray her as she squeaked near the end, signaling an obvious lie. 

 

“Oh yeah, what have you guys done?” MInju decided to join in. She for a fact knew very well her room buddy was not being honest about her intimacy with Tzuyu. In fact, Minju could barely consider them to be dating. All the two ever did was share meals together and take naps every single day, which in itself was all she could have asked for in a significant other, but those two were just the opposite of “romantic”. 

 

“We’ve slept in the same bed duh.” Hyewon reached over from the ground and used her bear-like arms to deliver a smack on Minju’s knee. Although it had been a soft tap, this didn’t stop an angry Yujin from growling at Hyewon. 

 

“But you guys didn’t do it! Yujin scolded. She rubbed Minju’s bruised knee tenderly. How dare Hyewon put a finger on an angel, she thought.

 

“See, nobody here knows the answer” Yena redirected the conversation back to herself. She pouted while scooting her closer to Nayeon. She hoped her favorite unnie would indulge her about her privacy. 

 

Nayeon, however, would have none of it. She smacked Yena's exposed forehead with her large spoon and then leaned over to lock the girl in a loose head lock. "I swear if Chaewon made a dirty move on you, I'm going to kill her and then kill you afterwards." 

 

"She didn't!" Yena tapped rapidly onto Nayeon's shoulder, using the universal signal that she was forfeiting the wrestling match she never intended to engage in. "I was just curious is all." She followed up once Nayeon allowed Yena to be free of the head lock.

 

“It didn’t hurt at all for me.” 

 

All eyes shot accusing glares to one end of the room. It was directed at the same person who was sharing the blanket with Sakura, the girl who up to now, had not said a single word. 

 

“Lee Chayeon, do NOT tell us you lost it without telling any of us! Minju said with angry eyes. Up to now, all the best-friends had been under the pretense that none of them had done it. They had always been completely honest and open about their romantic lives, which wasn’t really eventful in the first place, but now that Minju thought to herself, Chaeyeon really hadn’t been honest about her relationship with Sakura for the past few months anyway. 

 

“Sakura, did you take our roommate's ity?” Hyewon snarled at the other girl. She couldn’t bear to think how she used to have the BIGGEST crush on Sakura during her first two years at Seoul University. 

 

“Don’t say it like that.” Sakura held up two pleading hands. 

 

“I knew it was a mistake to leave Chaeyeon with the only single room,” Yuri said in an equal hurt voice. In their apartment, Yena and herself shared the master room, Minju and Hyewon shared another, and it was Chaeyeon that had the single room next to the front door. 

 

“Tell me more!” Yena shuffled her way across the room until she sat in front of Sakura and Chaeyeon. “How did it feel? Who’s idea was it first? How did you know you two were ready to do it?” The curious duck was preparing to take out her phone to take notes before she felt the back of her pajama being dragged back across the room. 

 

“Ask them another time in private.” Nayeon scolded. “We are not having another graphic storytime like with Eunbi.” Some in the room shuddered at the memory of Eunbi’s descriptive account of her first late-night adventure with her girlfriend Irene. 

 

“We don’t mind at this rate.” Chaeyeon first looked to Sakura to gain her approval and then looked back to Yena. “We’re pretty comfortable with it anyways.” This confirmed both that Chaeyeon and her had a little secret romance going on since the summer while also blatantly confessing that Sakura did indeed deflower their roommate. 

 

“Wait...did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter