At 2AM

At 2AM

2AM, that period of time when everybody's supposed to be sleeping tight, dreaming about something, under their blankets, enjoying its warmth.

Lying straight on her bed, hands holding her phone placed on her abdomen, headphones on her ears with volume set just right to calm her systems, and THAT playlist she made for this certain mood. Ahhh it's the time of the day again, Seungwan muttered. Sleep is all she needs after a long, boring, tiring day. She's tired anyway, it should make her rest. Yet, here she is, awake and alive, mind full of thoughts that no one else will know about.

Thoughts, thoughts, same disturbing thoughts. Why does it always have to be at 2 AM? She badly want to know. She tries to distract herself with the music she is currently playing, she hums to the rhythm until she falls asleep.


"Good morning, Seungwan!", a girl with long black straight hair, fair complexion, bright bunny eyes with long beautiful lashes, and attractive eyes... her officemate greets her. 

"Oh hi Joohyun!"

"How was your sleep? Did you sleep well?" 

..How can I sleep when you are all over my head? It's you who makes it hard for me to sleep at 2. Stop asking that every morning and  leave my head... and my heart, too?

"Sleep? Ah yes, it's fine, good music helps. How about you, did you sleep well? What did you dream about?"

"Hmm". Joohyun smiles. "I slept well and I always have a beautiful dream, do you want to know why?"

Look at this pretty lady. Is she teasing me? What if she answers something I am not comfortable to hear. Or worse, is she going to say that her dream was about her soulmate?! Noooo I am not ready to hear it, I am not prepared to get hurt

"Uhh I am interested to hear about it, Joohyun, but work comes first, chitchatting comes second here." 

"Hahaha is working your world? You're about to get married with it"

What a funny beautiful creature. You are about to be my world, silly. Seungwan chose not to reply and started working.


It's 2AM again, amazing. It has been going on now for a month that sometimes she plan to finally tell everything to that someone named Joohyun. But opening up those thoughts to joohyun might either finally let her sleep or might make it harder for her to sleep. It's 2:21 AM, she was about to start humming when she received a message notification from Joohyun, Joohyun who's the reason for those thoughts, Joohyun who keeps her from being awake at this hour, Joohyun who she is so coward to confess to, Joohyun, Joohyun, Joohyun. Seungwan wonders what the message could be. She sighed as she was opening the message.

[2:21AM; Joohyun Bae] Hey are you asleep now? You did not let me speak about my dream when I finally have the courage to tell you. I don't think I can sleep unless I tell you this. If you are curious about this, reply to me when you wake up :)

Seungwan suddenly felt her heart beat faster but she is not sure why. I really don't think I'm ready to hear it but Joohyun should be sleeping now.

[2:25AM; Me] It must be a really exciting story that you cannot sleep thinking about me huh

[2:25AM; Me] *it, sorry it's the keyboard autocorrection. Now tell me about it.

[2:26AM; Joohyun Bae] OHH WHY ARE YOU STILL AWAKE?? Anyways, it's you.

[2:26AM; Me] Me? What about me?

Seungwan gets really confused that she feels her brows meet and waits for Joohyun's response.

[2:30AM; Joohyun Bae] Idiot, It's you. My dream was about you. It's you who makes me sleep tighter. The thought of you, your words, your actions, your presence, and everything about you keeps me awake until 2AM or later, yet I don't feel like I lack sleep at work because it's you who I am thinking about before closing my eyes. Seungwan, you're all over my head for a month now, not sure, maybe 2? And Seungwan I think I like you, no, I love you?? I don't care if you we don't share the same feelings towards each other, I just want to confess, I just want to finally let it out.

Seungwan reads Joohyun's reply for the third time and it finally sunk in. Joohyun is inlove with her, too. 

Seungwan wasn't sure what to do, what to reply. She must stay calm and think of a response to a waiting Joohyun. She is a coward but not right now, when she has the chance to confess her feelings back.

[2:45AM; Me] I'm sorry, took me few minutes to reply, I just couldn't put what I am feeling right now into words but Joohyun, it's you, too. It's you who makes it hard for me to sleep at this hour. I've been wanting to tell you but I am just a coward, afraid of the risk of getting our friendship affected. I don't know what else to say but Joohyun, I like ypu so much too, no maybe I love you too?? Oh my God I am so nervous right now that I think I wouldn't be able to sleepgsgsgahsy


The two continue to confess until it's time to prepare for work. No one cares how dark their eyes would be, or how big their eyebags would get. Not having sleep at all is always worth it as long as it's because of each other, as long as they're happy.


"Good morning, Seungwan!"
"Good morning, Joohyun!"

They greet each other as if they haven't done it earlier.

"Won't you ask me about what your dream was about?". Seungwan still asks, knowing that both of them did not even let their eyes rest.

"No need, my dream finally became real. She's even standing right in front of me."

" I love you." Was all Seungwan said, and she knows it means alot than any other replies.

"And I love you, too, Seungwan"


Seungwan is happy not only because her thoughts at 2AM is not disturbing anymore at all, but because she realize that the woman she loves and who loves her was thinking about her, too at 2. They were thinking about each other at the same all along! Seungwan realized that maybe the reason why it's always 2AM everytime she starts to think about Joohyun is because, all feelings and thoughts are true at 2. Those thoughts that filled her mind are what she truly feels for Joohyun. 



HII this is my first story. Thanks for reading!!

 Tell me about your thoughts so I can improve :)