Minju's side

After That Live

It's already 3 am when they got back to their dorm after a whole day of preparations for their online concert. Everyone was extremely exhausted so one by one they went in their respective rooms.

Minju, on the other hand, was still bothered from what happened earlier. It's not because of the ghost stories she have shared with the other members in vlive.

It's because of Chaewon.

When Minju saw the short haired brunette on the front door, she quickly went to her direction. However, she was not able to come closer to Chaewon since Yena suddenly hugged the the short haired from the back.

 


"Chaewonnie~ let's sleep now~"

 



Minju watched them being all clingy from a far. The brunette tightly shut her eyes and took a deep breathe before she her heels and went straightly on her room with a pang on her heart.

 


'It's ok, Minju. It's not like you're not used to this.' She mentally chanted on her mind to lessen her frustration as she tried to smile in front of the mirror.



A smile that has not reached her eyes.

 


Minju does not know when her frustrations started. Everytime she's not with Chaewon, whenever she fails to take a picture with the older or could not mention her in private mail like how the other members casually do, she just gets upset quickly. Maybe because most of her fans want to see her with Chaewon always. She feels sad everytime she goes to twitter seeing wizones beg for a 2kim pic, a 2kim interaction, and a 2kim vlive. She feels like she failed to make wizones, especially the 2kim stans, happy.

That's why earlier, she gathered her confidence to ask the older to do a vlive with her—their very first vlive together. She has been planning to ask the older to do a vlive with her but she always backs out since she does not have the confidence. Not to mention the fact that the timing is always against with her.

However, she also felt bad for her fans for keeping them waiting so she took a risk and gave it a shot.


And thankfully, Chaewon agreed to do a vlive with her inside the van. They were doing their photoshoot for their online concert and gladly both of them were in the middle of their break. Minju was really excited to open the vlive app since she knew her fans would be happy. She could not wait to read their amusing comments. She's also happy since finally, she's going to do a vlive with her favorite unnie.


As expected, the comments section was filled with '2kim' and Minju could not contain her happiness seeing her fans happy as well. Small giggles escaped from whenever she saw comments about 2kim.

"Unnie, did you know this is our first vlive together?" Minju asked Chaewon.

"Really? As much as I want to do a vlive with you it seems like someone is already coming." Chaewon replied and right on cue, their leader came.

The two Kims gladly welcomed Eunbi in their vlive. Three minutes has not passed yet when Eunbi came. Minju was slightly disappointed that she could not have a solo vlive with Chaewon but on the other hand, she was also thankful to Eunbi for rescuing her since she has no great topic in mind when she asked Chaewon to do a vlive earlier. She knew their leader is capable of doing the live funny and more interesting.

 


Aside from that, since Eunbi sat with them, Minju was pushed closer to Chaewon.

 


'Eunbi unnie being here with us is not bad at all.' Minju happily thought as she continued to receive Chaewon's affection whenever the short haired leaned on her. She could not contain her wide grin everytime her fans reacted on her small intimate interactions with Chaewon.

 


But not long after, the other members started coming inside the van and Minju was pushed at the back. Though she was sad that she not sitting beside Chaewon anymore, she was glad to have the other members in the live as well to make it more interesting and livelier. Besides, other wizones wanted to see their favorite members, too.

And as expected, it went really interesting when they started sharing their own ghost experiences. Everyone, especially Minju, was scared to hear the ghost stories in their dorm, practice room, and recording studio.

However, they were just starting on their ghost stories when Chaewon was called for the photoshoot already. The members bid goodbye to Chaewon. Minju was sad when the short haired went out of the van. She just hoped Chaewon quickly wraps up the shoot so she could still join them in the live later. Unfortunately, Chaewon was not able to join them until the end of the live.


Minju just decided to approach the short haired when they got back to the dorm to ask her for another vlive in the future—which is only the two of them since she knew some fans would still want to see them in a solo vlive.

Which she was not able to do so since Chaewon was with Yena already. Minju has no hard feelings towards Yena. She knows it's really the nature of the older to be clingy to her members especially to her roommate. She just felt sad she can't have the confidence Yena has in initiating skinships especially with Chaewon.

Actually, they used to do it a lot before. Holding each others hands, hugging, and even sleeping together while cuddling are just natural between her and Chaewon.

 


They were lifetime partners, after all.

 



But when they moved into the new dorms, Minju never knew she and Chaewon would drift apart.

When Chaewon became roommates with Yena, Minju was happy because her 'ssamu' unnie became livelier and more energetic. She was proud of her Chaewon-unnie who has now gained confidence thanks to the help of Yena who is known as the happy pill of IZONE.

However, as time passes by, Minju realizes the effect of this to their friendship. They don't go out on restaurant dates anymore. They don't go out at dawn anymore to buy cheesedog. They don't do movie marathons that often anymore. They don't practice their songs together anymore. They don't take lots of pictures together anymore as they used to do before.

 


'The things that we used to do together before, you're now doing it with someone else.' A single tear fell from Minju's eyes as she felt sad on the thought of her Chaewon-unnie.

 



After she changed to her pajamas, Minju tucked herself to bed and tried to remove Chaewon in her thoughts. She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep since they still have rehearsals for the Soribada later. Minju has been shifting on her sides but she really could not fall into slumber. She just got off her bed to get a glass of water in the kitchen. When she opened the door, she was shocked to see someone standing infront of her.
 

 




"Eunbi-unnie, what are you doing here?" Minju asked their leader who was also shocked to see her wide awake.

"Where are you going at this hour, Minju?" Eunbi answered her with another question.

"I'm just heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water." Minju replied and Eunbi accompanied the younger.
 

 



When they got back to Minju's room, Eunbi decided to tell the younger her reason of coming to her room.


"Minju, I'm sorry for crashing your live with Chaewon earlier." Eunbi had her head hung low. Minju quickly engulfed the leader in a hug and patted her back.

"Unnie, don't be sorry. It's ok. We can just have it (2kim solo vlive) later or tomorrow. Besides, it's also more fun and wizones will love it if there will be more members in the live." Minju tried to console the older.

"But you seemed disappointed earlier—"

"No, no, no, unnie, it's fine. I'm fine." Minju tried to smile to hide her disappointment but Eunbi knows her true feelings.



After all, her sad eyes gave it all.
 


Eunbi held Minju's hand and looked directly in the younger's eyes.


"Minju, you know you can't hide anything from me, right? I can clearly see through your eyes. Something must be bothering you." Eunbi stated. It's now Minju's turn to lower her head. She tried to escape an eye contact with the older for she knows her tears would give in in a heart beat.

"Minju, look at me. Tell me what's bothering you." Eunbi lifted Minju's chin so she can meet her eyes only to see tears streaming down on the younger's face. Eunbi's heart broke at the sight of Minju. She softly wiped the younger's tears with her thumb. Minju struggled to breathe as her cry became louder only for the two of them to hear. She poured all of her pent up frustrations inside of her into sad tears as she succumbed into the older's embrace. Eunbi craddled Minju until the younger's emotion has completely subsided.
 

 

 


"I miss her, unnie."

 

 

 


Minju started to open up.

 

 

 

 


"I miss being with her all the time."

 

 

 



Minju had a bittersweet smile on her face as those words escaped her lips.

 

 

 


"I think I just miss the old us."

 

 

 



Eunbi did not speak yet and gave her full attention to Minju letting the younger to continue.

 



"I think I just got used to Chaewon unnie's presence all the time that I get sad whenever she's not with me."

 



Minju wiped her tears and smiled at Eunbi.

 



"It's fine, unnie. Don't worry, unnie I'm fine. As long as I can see her happy..."
 




"Even though I am not the reason."

 



Eunbi engulfed the younger in a hug once more and drew circles on her back.

 



"As someone who has witnessed your precious friendship with Chaewon, I feel sad, too, now that you feel like that." Eunbi started to console the younger while still hugging her.


"Sometimes, people who have been there from the start will not be there at the end."



"Sometimes, those people will just be there but not to stay with you."



"That's why we need to love ourselves so we don't feel alone and unwanted."




Eunbi released the hug and faced the younger.




"But Chaewon is not just one of those people, Minju."




"She is your person."




"Don't think that Chaewon does not want to be with you anymore just like before. However close you two are from the start, at some point, you will have differences in opinion and interests that may separate you from each other. That is how true friendship is tested, Minju."



"Even if you're not together all the time, that does not mean you don't need each other anymore..."


"Because even if you meet thousands of people along the way, the things and memories that you have shared together, you can only find it from each other."


"Chaewon may be doing the things that you two used to do together before with someone else now but I'm sure the feeling is not the same when she does it with you, Minju."


Minju sincerely smiled at Eunbi's wise remark. The older smiled back, too now that Minju is finally getting okay.


"It's ok to feel sad and disappointed when things did not go our way. But don't jump into conclusion without talking things out. Why don't you try talking to Chaewon about this first? I'm sure she will understand." Eunbi warmly smiled at the younger. Minju hugged her leader one last time before going back to sleep.

"Thank you for comforting me, Eunbi unnie. You should rest now, too."


After her heart-to-heart conversation with Eunbi, Minju was able to sleep soundly without any worries.

 

 

 

 




Minju woke up with a weight pressing on her back and an arm tightly wrapped on her waist. She felt ticklish when that person snuggled on her hair. She can feel the other's hot breathing hitting her neck.

Minju smiled at the thought and gently turned around to face the older.
 

 



"Unnie, why are you here?" Minju tried to hide the hint of excitement on her tone but she failed obviously. The older just embraced Minju tighter tucking the younger's head under her chin. Minju was able to snuggle on the older's neck receiving the comfort of her baby powder scent.


"I just thought you missed me and wanted me to stay here. Seems like I am not needed." Chaewon muttered drowsily while still having her eyes closed.

 

 

 


"Yeah, you're right. I don't need you."

 

 

 

Minju playfully teased the short haired but she just tightened her hug on her Chaewon unnie. The older just smiled and reciprocated the same amount of affection to the younger.
 

 

 



"I miss you, Ssamu."
 

 

 



"I miss you, too, Minguri." Chaewon softly kissed the younger's crown and they both went back to dreamland with smiles on their faces.



After almost an hour Yena went in Minju's room.


"Yah~ Minju-yah, wake—"

 

 

Yena felt soft at the sight she saw—2kim cuddling.

 



"I knew it! Chaewon would only go in this room if she's not in our room." Yena winningly muttered. Yena quickly fetched her phone and took lots of pictures of the two in different angles.



'Hmmm...should I send one to private mail?'

 

Yena smirked at the thought. She just send one in their group chat and received lots of soft reactions from the members. But she was brought back to reality when Eunbi replied.

Eunbi: Yah! Wake the two already. Manager-unnie is angry now. We're already 30 minutes late!

Yena hurriedly went near Minju's bed and furiously shook there shoulders.

"Yah! You two, wake up we still have rehearsals for Soba later!" Yena tapped the two Kim's shoulder. Minju started moving and was about to get off the bed when Chaewon hugged her again and locked her inside with her legs this time. Yena facepalmed at her roommates reaction and lightly smacked her head. The short haired groaned in pain and just get off the bed while holding the part where Yena hit her. Minju just laughed at them and started preparing too.


When Minjoo got out of her room, Yujin started teasing her.

"How sweet~ I want cuddles, too~" Yujin said repeatedly while hugging herself tightly. The other members started copying Yujin and Minju has no idea what was going on.

When she opened her phone, her eyes went wide when a picture of her and Chaewon cuddling on sleep appeared on her screen. She giggled internally and saved the picture on her phone. She then made it as her wallpaper.

 

"Minju-yah!"

 

Minju almost had a heart attack when Chaewon startled her from the back.

 

"Yah! Unnie~"

 

 

 

Minju whined and pouted. Chaewon just chuckled at her and held her hand.

 

"Let's go now, the members are waiting already."

 

Minju gladly nodded and they both went out of the dorms with interlocked hands.

 

 

'I wonder if Eunbi unnie talked to Chaewon...' Minju thought.

 

 

 

~

Hi! This oneshot is dedicated to my readers. I know you've been waiting for that 2kim moment for so long. So I made this not so fluffy 2kim one shot :))