fin

feels like home

Joohyun and Seulgi finally got to their dorm. She glanced at her wristwatch, 5:24 it says. Their hard work pays off after five months long preparation and promotion for their sub-unit as the mass media gave positive reaction and their fans and members was nothing but supportive. 

 

Joohyun’s ears quirked up as she heard a familiar tone from the door, indicating it was now open. She saw Seulgi quickly toss out her shoes and hung up her coat on the standing rack, her other hand was massaging the back of her neck, the girl must be really tired. They entered the living room quietly as possible, not wanting to disturb the other girls getting their well deserved rest. 

 

“Good job today too, unnie. I’m gonna sleep now” the bear-like girl gave her a small smile. 

 

“You too. Goodnight, Seulgi.”

 

After five years of living together with the members, they finally moved in to a bigger dorm and got each room for themselves. They fairly called a bet on each room and Joohyun got the biggest out of five. Her room was en-suite and has a balcony but was the farthest one. 

 

She found herself in front of the room beside her’s. She twisted the knob and entered the room. She was greeted at the sight of her girlfriend curled up in her sheets, hugging Manen closely to her, chest rising and falling, slow steady breath as the girl’s sleeping peacefully. 

 

Her heart swells at the sight, a smile forming on her lips. Up until now, Son Seungwan still has an effect to her. 

 

She carefully slipped out Manen from her hold, lips pursed in deep concentration but the younger being light sleeper that she is, eyes faltered open, ready to pounce at the culprit but then she heard a soft sigh. Seungwan held out her arms and wordlessly, Joohyun joined her to bed, her arms automatically finding it’s way to the younger’s waist. 

 

The room was dimly lit, saved by the tiny bit of light pouring through the blinds of her room. “Hi” she heard a husky voice said. 

 

“Hmm.” Joohyun grumbled while closing the gap between them, her head resting at the younger’s neck, inhaling the vanilla scent of her lover, tickling Seungwan with her breath. 

 

“You’re back.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Did you eat already?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“What’s one plus one?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

Seungwan chuckled softly before finally letting the girl get her rest. Seungwan hums their favourite song, her chin resting at the girl’s head while her hand brushing the her locks. Finally, after months of gruel practice and back to back promotions she finally sought the warmth she desperately needed, Joohyun with Seungwan by her side, she felt at rest, contented, happy, she felt at home.

 

Seungwan took a peek at the sleeping figure before giving her a kiss on forehead. 

 

“Welcome home, love”

 

—End