FINAL

The Invisible Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Closing his umbrella outside and shaking the water off of it, Chenle frowned as he glanced outside at the dark sky and cold rain that was coming down in sheets. It had been raining for one week straight, and he was tired of being cold every evening when he got home from work, knowing that it would take nearly an hour to warm up. He was also tired of not sleeping well, due to the nightmares he had nearly every night and the chills that ran down his spine before he had the chance to nod off. 

 

Taking off his black hoodie, he hung it on the coat rack before walking over to the freezer to see what he had to make for dinner. Pulling out a couple frozen pizzas, he began pulling off the plastic to put them in the oven. The young man smiled when he heard footsteps behind him, murmering a quiet "hi" to his boyfriend as Jisung hugged his from behind. 

 

"You look cold, so I can keep an eye on this while you go get changed, okay?" Jisung suggested, gaining a lopsided grin from Chenle. He was right, and Jisung was warm behind him, making it difficult to leave. However, he body finally won over his desire to simply stay in the comfort of Jisung's arms. 

 

"Yeah, you're right. I'm so cold right now, so I'll be back in a moment," he said as he turned around and kissed his boyfriend before making his way out of the room and into the bedroom to find something warm to wear. Settling for a large sweatshirt and cotton pants, he changed and washed up for dinner. Making his way back into the kitchen, he noticed that Jisung was busy looking at something on his phone while the pizzas cooked. 

 

"Hey, there. I'm so much warmer now," he said, walking over to check the pizzas. "You look worried, babe. What's up?"

 

Jisung frowned, glancing at him as he set his phone down. "It's just the news. There have been strange attacks that the authorities think must have been from animals...but it doesn't seem right. The funny thing is, no one has actually seen the animals, and the police think it's a serial killer prowling at night, but it could be something different."

 

Chenle raised his eyebrows in surprise, taking Jisung's phone and looking at the article himself. He knew that Jisung, as a fan of all things supernatural, might be blowing this out of porportion soon. So far, no one had survived the attacks, and they had been going on for about a week now. He was ignoring the fact that this had started around the same time that the storms had begun and the fact that he had nightmares. He couldn't think of any logical explanation for the killings, and knew that something dark was obviously not at work. Monsters were simply not real, despite what Jisung might think. Everything could be explained in reality, and the things that happened in fantasy books and television shows were just that...fantasy. "That's creepy, babe. I think it's just a killer taking the idea and molding his slaughtering method off of what he's seen or read about. It couldn't be more than that logically."

 

Even as he uttered the words, a chill ran down his spine as he thought about someone out there killing in such a grotesque manner. The victims each had been torn open with a single slash to the heart, but the police were convinced that it hadn't been a conventional weapon that had ended their lives, unless the killer had used a serrated blade that was large and powerful enough to make a deep cut across the chest. 

 

"Well, I don't know," Jisung replied quietly. "It seems to me that if they can't find the person that's doing this, and they're using something no one has seen before, it's either a homemade weapon or some sort of monster at work," he smiled at Chenle s he carried their plates over to the table, setting them down. "Either way, please be careful coming home at night. I don't go anywhere, so I'm safe, but you aren't. Maybe you shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter