DON’T CRY, I AM HERE

DON’T CRY, I AM HERE

Siwon knows that Yesung is scared of doctors, but this is ridiculous. Yesung’s cheeks are swollen and he barely eats because chewing hurts as if he is chewing glass. Yesung is acting like everything is fine, but Siwon sees the pain in his eyes. He waits for one more week, but then decides that Yesung really needs to visit his dentist. 

 

Park Leeteuk, Yesung’s dentist and Siwon’s friend, is surprised to see them. He is used that Yesung is avoiding his office no matter what and now he walks inside with Siwon behind him. Yesung is almost crying and whines that he is okay. He is terrified. The smell, the sharp tools, the latex gloves and scary chair - he just wants to run away. Leeteuk knows that this patient will take a lot of time and checks that the two next hours are free. Meanwhile Siwon sat down in the dental chair and smiles at Yesung to show him that there is no need to be scared. Siwon let Leeteuk to check his teeth and then got up to let Yesung sit down. However Yesung only shakes his head no and refuses to even come near the chair and scary tools. Siwon sighed and rubs his back while gently pushing him to the dentist chair. Yesung slowly sat down and Leeteuk gently pushes him to lie down. Yesung feels so vulnerable like this when everyone is towering above him. Leeteuk smiles again and then put on a face mask before turning the bright worklight on. Then he takes a mouth mirror and dental scaler, but Yesung isn't opening his mouth. He nervously squirms and Siwon gently takes his chin between his hands.

 

“Babe, we all know your teeth must hurt really much. So why don't you open your mouth?”

 

Siwon’s eyes are full of love and kindness and Yesung doesn't want to ashamed him by being a cry baby. He opens his mouth and Leeteuk quickly invades it before Yesung changes his mind. Yesung wants to move his head away, but Siwon is smarter - he holds Yesung’s head so he can't escape. Yesung’s tearful eyes turn to his boyfriend who kissed the top of his forehead and whispers that it is going to be okay. It is easy to say such things when Siwon isn't the one who is in pain and something sharp is probing inside his mouth. Siwon gently holds his head still and Leeteuk is whispering something to himself. Yesung has no idea what is going on but he occasionally whimpers to let them know he is suffering. Leeteuk is trying to be gentle while examining the wisdom teeth with the dental scaler. The area around them is red and swollen so Yesung reacts very quickly and desperately tries to push the doctor away because he isn't helping, he is doing everything worse!

 

Leeteuk lay down on Yesung’s chest, not fully but he needs to hold Yesung’s arms down. It is useless because Yesung is kicking his legs and screams so Leeteuk calls his nurse Ryeowook who quickly came and immediately sees what he has to do. He holds Yesung’s legs down so he won't kick while the doctor is examining the teeth which need to be removed. Leeteuk finally moved away from him and Yesung wants to quickly sit up and leave. He doesn't give a anymore about the promise he gave to Siwon - he promised that he is going to be good but now he is ready to break the promise. Yesung hates to admit it but he starts to cry. It isn't some nice kind of crying, his face became red and hot in the matter of few seconds and a bit of snots run down his nose. Ryeowook quickly grabs a napkin and cleans his face while Leeteuk speaks about the whole process of removing the four wisdom teeth. He would usually remove two and two and divide the work into two sessions, but they won't be able to get Yesung in his office for the second time. Leeteuk decided to use general anesthesia to ease Yesung’s anxiety. He isn't sure how could Yesung react during the surgery. Ryeowook hands him a mouth spreader to keep Yesung’s mouth open and then the nurse hands instruments to the doctor who works on getting rid of the aching teeth.

 

Siwon feels sick, but he stays still and holds Yesung’s head. They told him that it is useless, but Siwon feels better when he is close to him. He is occasionally Yesung’s hair or cheeks, but Siwon keeps avoiding looking at the blood or teeth, which are slowly being pulled out of Yesung’s small mouth. Leeteuk is grunting and sighing in effort while fighting with the resisting teeth, but at the end he won. He stuffed Yesung’s mouth with gauze and now they need to wait for Yesung to wake up. After a while Yesung opened his eyes and blinks a few times before smilling a bit.

 

“He is high as a kite so be careful.”

 

Siwon nodded and slowly helped Yesung to sit up. Yesung’s neck can't hold his head up and Siwon quickly supports his head while supporting him and getting him out of the office and in their car. Yesung cant even drink much alcohol, so the strong drugs have a very strong impact on him. He is something and Siwon keeps telling him that soon they are going to be home. Siwon is used to taking care of sick Yesung, he is the best boyfriend who can cook and take care of you both financilly and emotionally. Being sick means that Yesung is bedridden. Siwon always takes his phone and computer away, continuesly tucks him in their bed and Yesung can only helplessly squirm under the thick duvets and listen to Siwon’s nagging that if he eats properly, then he wouldn't get sick so easily. But today is different, today Yesung is too high to care about Siwon. 

 

Siwon is basicaly carrying him in the elevator and then in their apartment. He tucks Yesung in their bed, closes the curtains and goes to get an ice pack. Yesung’s cheeks are swollen and he can't open his mouth, can't eat, can't swallow, can't speak. The only thing he can do is crying because he knows that his mouth was stitched and his fear is back. Also a bit of paranoia appeared and he wonders if the dentist pulled out only the four teeth. Yesung is silently crying in the bed and Siwon quickly put the ice pack down. 

 

“Yesungie, don't cry. I am here.”

 

It is easy to say such a thing, but Yesung is in pain and simply wants to cry his poor heart out. Siwon wraps the ice pack in a towel and gently presses it to Yesung’s cheeks. He put few fluffy pillows under Yesung’s head and his hair until Yesung calms down a bit and then hurries to order a soup from their favorite restaurant. 

 

Yesung is whining in pain while his head feels dizzy due the anesthesia and he is confused. How did he get home? Who changed his clothes? Suddenly Siwon walked into the bedroom with a tray with the soup and a glass of fruit smoothie. Siwon smiles at him and put the tray down. Siwon probably has enough practice to become a nurse, Yesung is suffering from flu almost every winter and Siwon always takes care of him. So he just puts on his small smile and tries to hide the worries in his eyes. Siwon wants to feed him the warm soup, but Yesung’s lips aren't listening him and the liquid keeps escaping from the corners of his mouth. He ate only few spoons and then turns his head away to show that he is done. Siwon put the bowl aside and wants to force him to drink a bit, but Yesung only started to cry. He feels betrayed. How could Siwon let them to do this to him? Where are the four teeth? Yesung is tired and the ice on his swollen cheeks feel good. His tongue is slowly losing the numbness and now explores the gauze which is stuffed inside his mouth. Siwon is watching Yesung who is rubbing his eyes and kissed him on his hot forehead.

 

“Let's try to get some sleep.”

 

Siwon lay down next to him and runs his big hand over his flat belly. Yesung whines something, but calmed down when Siwon starts to gently and play with his earlobe. Yesung fell asleep quite quickly and Siwon is fighting with sleep for a while before losing the battle and he also fell asleep.

 

Siwon woke up a few hours later when Yesung started to cry in pain because the painkillers aren't working anymore. Siwon quickly hands him a pill and a glass of water and Yesung calms down. He is sniffling while Siwon his hair and then his boyfriend hurries to get him a snack. Yesung doesn't want to eat, he is sad and everything hurts which means that he is grumpy and whiny like a sick toddler. Siwon doesn't mind it, this is Yesung’s regular reaction when he is ill. Siwon brings him his favorite yogurt, but even this snack can't force Yesung to eat. Siwon pushes the spoon between his slightly parted lips and Yesung tries hard to swallow. After a long time he finished the whole yogurt and Siwon fixes the soft blanket. He tightly tucks it around Yesung’s sides and takes a book. Siwon knows Yesung likes To Kill a Mockingbird and starts to read. Yesung is falling asleep again and hopes that he will feel better after waking up again.

 

Siwon works on his computer because his duties are piling up and now is the right time. Yesung is sleeping for few hours and woke up feeling a bit better. His cheeks are a bit less swollen and he drinks a glass of cold water. Yesung watches Siwon who is working and he must be very focused because two thin wrinkles appear on his forehead. Yesung wants to move his tongue to make sure it is still there so he sticks his tongue out few times before a chuckle disturbs him. Siwon took a break and saw Yesung lying next to him and sticking his little, pink tongue out. Yesung frowns at him and weakly punched his shoulder. Siwon stops laughing and Yesung’s hair.

 

“I know you are mad but soon you are going to feel good again. You know that I would never do anything what could hurt you.”

 

Siwon smiles again and Yesung weakly nodded. He is so scared of doctors, their tools, pain and blood that it clouded his mind and he was acting irrationally. Now he is calmer and Siwon hugs him around his petite shoulders. He turned the TV on and they watch a movie. Siwon would really like to eat potato chips, but Yesung can't eat so he also isn't going to get the chips. Yesung cuddles close to Siwon’s warm chest and feels a bit of saliva running out of the corner of his mouth. He is ashamed, but then Siwon uses the hem of his T-shirt to wipe his chin and smiles at him with eyes full of love. 

 

“After the movie we are going to eat delicous, warm soup.”

 

Yesung is ready to say no but Siwon gives him a stern look. 

 

“No isn't the correct answer.”

 

Yesung closed his mouth and turned his eyes toward the TV. Siwon’s thumb is drawing circles on his arm and Yesung is melting under his soft touches. Siwon always makes everything better and knows what to do or say when Yesung feels depressed. Yesung weakly smiles when he thinks about the big happiness he got after he met Siwon. His days are brighter with Siwon next to him and he doesn't mind that his boyfriend sometimes forces him to visit a doctor because he knows that Siwon only cares about his well being.