Her Life

A Happy Ending

Kotoko is getting ready for another day at work. She has deadlines coming up and quickly needs to get her projects done by deadline. She stuffed a toast in and made a run for the bus while juggling her portfolio case and purse. Life has been tough being a designer. It is an emotional rollercoaster. She has been rejected for jobs countless times. This is a very competitive field. But, she doesn’t let it get to her. She knows design is her calling and it would always be in the back of her mind if she pursues something else. 

 

“Good morning”, Kotoko greeted her coworkers while grabbing a cup of coffee. Everyone was busy working and pacing around thinking of ideas and solutions. It was going to be an all-nighter for her. She could just feel it. Kotoko quickly got to work and called up manufacturing companies to make sure their prototype is ready tomorrow for the client. 

 

The day has been hectic, but Kotoko knows they will meet the deadline. It was 10pm when she got off work and went to grab a rice bowl from the convenience store nearby her house. The weather was not too cold as it was Autumn and still pretty warm even at night. Kotoko thought it was still early and there were still people bustling around in the city so she took a walk around the park. It was a long day and Kotoko was thinking about the presentation tomorrow. She sat on the bench and stared at the dim light post. Kotoko thought about her life these past ten years how she finally made it and can proudly call herself a designer. All those job rejections didn't stop her from keep on going. She did feel bad when she got rejected but she quickly got over it the next day. This journey was a battle where she fought alone. She didn’t need anyone to be by her side during these tough times. She got stronger every step closer to her goal. Kotoko grew into a beautiful woman.