Still here

Without you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was the first to wake up. This should be a celebration in Red Velvet house but all she felt was dread. She woke up in a cold living room with all her members still asleep. Thankfully, they all have blankets over them. The witch wasn’t that bad after all. She knew she passed out during their conversation last night and was not able to hear all the conditions the witch was proposing. 

 

 

She decided to be productive and cook breakfast. She settled with simple eggs and bacon. One by one her group mates wake up and sat at the table. They were surprised at first seeing she was the one preparing breakfast but they all went into their gloomy state the minute it dawn on them that they were still in this nightmare. A world without Wendy.

 

 

“So,” Seulgi said as she sat down the table. “What did she say? I kind of blackout last night I didn’t know why,” she said embarrassed.

 

 

“We all did,” Irene answered. “She said we can tire ourselves out so we should all be careful.”

 

 

Seulgi nodded and looked at them. They have still not answered her question. She looked at Joy.

 

 

“We need to have like, harmony or something. No fighting and stuff like that,” Joy said. Seulgi can sense its not finished yet.

 

 

“And we also need to find Wendy,” Irene said and proceeded to stand and wash her dishes.

 

 

Seulgi paused. “H-How? So, she’s here right? She asked.

 

 

“But, we don’t know where she is right now,” Joy said.

 

 

“We can take forever to find her even if we have social media. Heck, she might even be in Canada right now.” Yeri said grimly.

 

 

“And we’re only given too little time. Who knows if we can pull it off. For her,” Irene holds the counter. She wants to put on a brave face but she was on the edge of breaking. She left with feelings that are messy and things left unsaid. She doesn’t know if she can go back to put it all right.

 

 

“We find her then,” Seulgi said. They all stared at her.

 

 

“Because we have to. We just have to,” Seulgi said, almost pleading. Tears were already smearing her cheeks.

 

 

They were all tearing up. How can they be so hopeless.

 

 

“I’m gonna,” they looked at Yeri. “I’m gonna have her as a guest at my show. The best finale to wrap up the season,” Yerim said.

 

 

“We’re going to sue everyone who laid a finger on her when we get back because them!” Joy proclaimed. They slowly turned the mood up in the dining room.

 

 

“We’re still going to visit her house in Canada for real. And she’s gonna bake me a carrot cake for a every day she wasn’t with us,” Irene said, still not looking back at them. She doesn’t want them to see her cry a river.

 

 

“I’m-I’m still waiting for the day we do that psycho stage together.” Seulgi said. “I’m not gonna break that promise because of stupid beef soup,” Seulgi cried.

 

 

They all huddled together and cried. They all miss Wendy so much. They’ve been burying themselves in work that they haven’t notice until she’s gone. 

 

 

“We’re going to find her. No matter what it takes.” Irene said determined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were going to have to postpone their plan because after that touching moment, their manager barged in and they didn’t even get to protest.

 

 

Irene and Seulgi has to attend a performance stage. The maknaes are to tag along. Why wouldn’t they, right? The two were thankful that it’s still the same song and dance, they don’t have to worry about adjusting. They came out of the van and waved to fans and photographers. They try to put on a smile but they were distracted. 

 

 

They march up to their dressing room and Irene and Seulgi went to hair and make up. The maknaes tried to go back to sleep. They were all tired despite being passed out the entire afternoon and night. After hair and make up, Irene and Seulgi asked their manager to also wake them up if its already time for them to perform.Their manager was confused but he let them be. He looked up the screen and watched the group performing.

 

 

An hour passed and he slowly wake the ladies. Irene and Seulgi went on to perform while the maknaes stayed at the waiting room. They were still tired but they tried to stay up in their performance. They were thankful after their stage, its already the wrap up and encore.

 

 

“You know,” someone said. They turned around. Yeon joo was staring up the screen.

 

 

“If you’ve open your eyes earlier, you would have found what you were looking for,” the witch said. She looked at the two and continued. “Now you’ve just put those two on the spot. I hope they do well,” she said as she vanished.

 

 

The two were confused and looked up the screen. It was time for the end of the show. They looked at the tv and widen their eyes. They bolted out of the room. The witch was right. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene and Seulgi blindly positioned themselves for the finale. They were nominated for number one. They didn’t mind their surroundings, they were both distracted. They did not notice a familiar hamster standing across the stage.

 

 

The winner was announced. Blackpink’s song received the highest votes and they were giving their speech. The RV subunit was still dazed. Only until they heard a familiar voice that they were brought out of their reverie.

 

 

“And to our blinks, thank you for supporting from the start. Without you, Blackpink wouldn’t be here. Thank you so much and we love you,” she said as she practically rapped the speech. Just like someone they know.

 

 

They instantly looked at the group. There’s no mistaking it. It’s Wendy. Wendy with her smile that could light up the entire room. Wendy whose perfectly healthy that’s singing a blackpink song. Wendy who is currently having fun waving the trophy to the crowd. Wendy in Blackpink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter