Promise

Promise

You sprawl on the grass, taking the blue sky as the only scenery that greets you. It is as clear as you could remember the last time you were here. The brightness is never bothering you, but it calms you instead. And somewhere between the fluffy white clouds, you could see a bird.. no airplane, spreading its wings against the wide sky and breaking the silence with its noisy buzzing sound.

 

You smile and take a breath when a memory flashes in your head.

 

The sight that you can see from the window's pane inside of the bus that moment still lingers in your memory. You can't forget how your heart broke when you saw Yunho's figure standing still at the same spot, his hands were tucked safely inside his jeans pocket while his eyes followed the slow movement of the bus that had taken you with it. 

 

Your love, your precious best friend was there to usher you, and you can't help but letting your tears defeated you when you were taken farther and farther away from him. You pressed your hands helplessly against the pane, never wanting to lose the sight of Yunho even for a second. And you can't do anything as the bus moved; Yunho was almost out of your sight and your hometown was being left behind.

 

With the paper plane that Yunho gave as a parting gift gripped in your palm, you could almost imagine Yunho's smile as he gently folded the paper. It was a familiar sight that you had seen so many times and you were sure it will never leave your mind just like Yunho's name that will always be in your heart. 

 

It was a great encouragement which prevented you from breaking down.

 

You remember that time, after a half trip of your journey to Seoul, you were observing the paper plane that was still tightly pressed against the warm skin of your palm as if you were afraid to let go. It was important, because it was a part of Yunho that you were allowed to take with.

 

You opened the folded paper and disentangled its creases. It was a spur moment of curiosity, but you got something more than what you had expected, causing your heart to beat wildly inside your chest and your voice was caught in your throat. 

 

There was a line of words. it was written messily on the middle of the white paper with Yunho's familiar handwriting. 

 

Your heart fluttered. You remember you had heard it in some moment of times that you spent with Yunho, but you can't exactly point it out. You also remember you always laughed it off when your best friend recited those words over and over again, teasing him for being such a sap. His famous pout was the thing that always greeted you after you did that and it was wonderful that you can't just stop yourself from doing so. That time, you always told Yunho that it was a wonderful dream. But there, between the loud roaring of the bus engine and the silence of your surrounding, you thought that you would like to make it as a promise: a promise that Yunho will keep as what he always told you when the both of you were together.

 

"One day, I'll bring you my sky, Changmin-ah."

 

It is a promise which has never been forgotten until today you are here. 

 

--------------------

 

A.N : i wrote this pretty long time ago, not my best one though.. But please enjoy. :D