Chapter 2

Enchanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months later, Chorong gets a call from Eunji.

 

“Hello?” Chorong says calmly, trying to hide the excitement in her voice.

 

“Hey! I’m back in town,” Eunji says.

 

“How was London?” Chorong asks.

 

“Boring. Was in the office most of the time.”

 

“Sounds fun.”

 

“Yeah, anyways I called to ask what colour dress you’re wearing tonight,” Eunji says.

 

“What?”

 

“The big charity event tonight, you’re going aren’t you?” 

 

“Yeah, I am,” Chorong responds, slightly confused. She didn’t realize Eunji was going to be there.

 

“Great, well I want to make sure we don’t clash. There’s nothing more embarrassing than showing up in the same shade of red or something,”

 

“Oh, we’re-are we going together?” Chorong asks, suddenly nervous about the idea of going to an event with Eunji as her date.

 

“Oh, well, I just assumed… fiancé and all, but we don’t have to go together,” Eunji says, “sorry, I told you, I don’t really know the protocol for these things.”

 

“No,” Chorong says a little too fast, “We can go together. I’m wearing a white dress.”

 

“Oh, perfect!” Eunji exclaims, “so I can wear my red dress. I’ll pick you up at eight?"

 

“Doesn’t the event start at eight?” Chorong asks.

 

Eunji laughs. “Oh Chorong, didn’t I tell you? I have so much to teach you."

 

When they arrive at the event, Eunji introduces Chorong to her friend Naeun. Naeun surprises Chorong, since Naeun looks like a typical stuck up girl who grew up with a trust fund and went to prep school, but she’s actually really kind and down to earth. Chorong should have guessed this much, since she’s friends with Eunji after all. Suddenly, another girl rushes up to them and wraps her hand around Naeun’s waist like she’s done it a million times before.

 

“So, this is the fiancé?” the girl asks, “she’s way out of your league Eunji.”

 

Chorong blushes at this, and later discovers that Bomi is Naeun’s girlfriend. Chorong thinks that they’re really cute.

 

“Eunji, by the way, do you have your flask? This left ours at her apartment, and I can already tell that I won’t make it out of here without something strong,” Bomi says. Chorong glances at Eunji with wide eyes.

 

“Sorry, I was rushing!” Naeun defends herself.

 

“Great, now we only have one to share between the four of us?” Eunji sighs, digging through her purse while Chorong gives her an even more confused look.

 

When Eunji pulls a silver flask out of her purse, Bomi grabs it and says, “don’t act like you didn’t finish my entire one by yourself, multiple times.”

 

“What’s… in there?” Chorong asks hesitantly.

 

“Tequila,” Eunji says, grabbing the flask from Bomi and placing it in Chorong’s hand, “you first.”

 

“Oh, no, thank you, I don’t really drink,” Chorong declines politely.

 

Eunji frowns. “Alcohol is the only way to get you through tonight.”

 

Chorong slowly brings the flask up to , a curious look on her face. When she gets a whiff of what’s inside, she scrunches her nose. It smells horrendous. Thankfully, Naeun grabs the flask from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter