Scintillating

Luminous Eyes

The garish neon lights of the City can be very seductive. The city is alive, bustling, and picturesque. Minju would love to praise the scenery, but her feelings would feel otherwise. She had just finished her breakfast to early evening shift, exhausted after dealing with talkative, grouchy, and eccentric patients at New Life Hospital. She sighs but then a smile creep onto her face as she drive, already imagining herself arriving at her apartment, dining the take-out from her favorite restaurant, having a long and refreshing bathe, and cuddling her cheetah plushie in her bed. She’s about to giggle, but then she sees a familiar street sign. She stopped.

She stared at the sign for approximately 20 seconds then harshly looked away. It’s not that she hated this street, or something bad happened to her in here, it’s just her bad feelings heaved every time she drove past in this area. When she’s about to start driving again when she caught something in her near-peripheral vision. A figure crouching near the house that was already abandoned. And she seems…. eating something? Minju tense.

                                                                                                                                                   

“Yum”. Chaewon muttered as she munches the heart and drink the blood of the deer she haunts near the abandoned house. Her luminous eyes can be visibly seen by anyone since it’s already dark, 8PM in the evening precisely. Chaewon, a little thin, wear a black suit with black plain long sleeve polo underneath, and a pantsuit as lower and a black three-inch heel that match perfectly with her outfit. Sometimes, she thinks it’s odd since she loves to dress in black, but her hair is blonde, and yes, she dresses quite fashionably for a vampire. Chaewon in a sudden, harshly lift her head. She knows there’s someone behind her... inside the car, and it’s a human. It triggers Chaewon, her dark vampire instinct overtaking her. But she needs to forebear herself from devouring the human. Instead, she slowly turned her head in the direction of the car.

                                                                                                                                                   

Minju wanted to look away, but the figure stopped and Minju’s on edge now. She watches as the person with blonde hair(?) she thinks, slowly turning in her direction. Her eyes grew bigger, her whole body having goosebumps, and she’s firmly gripping the steering wheel. Her mind that was clouded with negative thoughts suddenly turns into wondering. Why are that person’s eyes scintillating? That piercing eyes. Minju shakes her head, she almost forgets that she’s ing scared. She smoothly looks straight, eyes fixed again on the road. Minju thinks her brain is just messing up with her since she’s so tired, and she hates this street...now. She leans back and sighs for a second, "I’m just tired” she muttered. Then turn on the car’s engine and drove away. But the truth is, she’s just playing it cool since she’s scared as hell.

                                                                                                                                                  

As the car drove away, Chaewon sigh in relief, she is proud of herself for resisting the urge. Chaewon stood slowly, dripping. She ran long slender fingers over her lips, then them to clean. She leans against the tree for a moment, she just had her supper, although it doesn’t satisfy her completely since it’s not human blood. Human blood replenishes my body cells much better than animal blood does, she thinks. Feeling her strength return, she felt whole, strong, and satisfied. Closing her eyes, she let the night swallowed her, she was more comfortable in the darkness. The darkness was cool and soothing.

 

 

 

//

I deleted the preview chapter since I want to improve the storyline, but yeah. I know the story is bad, and I will try to improve it again in the next chapter(Idk when will I update but it will be a long chapter)

Thank you for subscribing and for the good lads who commented something in this fiction. ❤