My First Crush

My First Crush

Yoongi looked around the classroom and then glanced back up at the clock.  His eyes followed the second hand as it went around finally going up to the top.  It was time.  8:15 to be exact.  It was one of his favorite times of the day, and right on time, the doors open to reveal none other than the school’s most popular boy, Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook was perfection.  Wait, did he say perfection?  No, that was a lie.  Jungkook had created levels above perfection and everyone who got to gaze upon his handsomeness was blessed in ways they didn’t even know about yet.  At least, those are the things that Yoongi thought of every time that Jungkook came into the classroom.

 

Every day it was the same.  At 8:15, Jungkook would arrive to school looking like a god himself.  He would flash everyone a smile more radiant than the sun, say hi to his friends, and then give him a look and slight smile.  Yoongi wished he knew what on earth that look was for every day, but no one seemed to notice it but him.

 

He’s probably wondering why you keep staring at him like a creeper.  Yoongi’s mind supplied very unhelpfully.

 

I’m not a creeper.  I’m just thanking the heavens for blessing me with the ability to gaze upon his good looks.  He replied in his mind.

 

Yeah… creeper.

 

Yoongi groaned a bit as he realized that he was essentially arguing with himself.  It wasn’t like he needed to add to the reasons why he would never get someone like Jungkook to like him back.  The reasons that were there were pretty obvious.  For starters, he never talked to Jungkook and had what some of his friends like to call ‘resting face’.   It might help if he smiled more, but honestly, there were better things he could do with his free time, you know, such as not smiling.  Now all one had to add in was that he didn’t care for super silly things, liked his isolation, and minus his inner fanboying over Jungkook, his life was pretty simple.

 

As he came out of his musings, he realized class had been going on for thirty minutes.  Everyone was writing in their notebooks yet here he was chewing on the end of his pen and thinking about all the reasons, he couldn’t date Jungkook.  It was the same routine every day, but thankfully, he always had someone who dropped an extra, detailed copy of notes in his locker by the end of the school day.

 

With that thought in mind, Yoongi went back to daydreaming about his crush and absentmindedly drawing little things like hearts with their initials into his notebook.  By the time that class was over, Yoongi had three notebook pages filled with so much blackmail material that he made a mental note to burn them as soon as he got home.  He packed up and started wandering around for his next class.

 

Where was he supposed to be going again?  Oh yeah, it was time for gym class.  Mmmm… gym class.  It was yet another one of his most favorite times of day.  He could see Jungkook all hot and sweaty while imagining other, much more pleasing, activities where he could see the other all hot and sweaty.  The images that assaulted his mind were more than pleasing and once more, Min Yoongi, had a hard-on for class.

 

Yoongi slipped into the changing room and locked himself in a stall, while thinking of other less pleasing things:  chairs, some on Jungkook’s arm… oh those strong ar- No!  He was not supposed to be thinking of that.  Ugh.  Maybe he should just skip class again today.  The nurse seemed to like him a lot and he was sure that she would write a note excusing him from having to be tortured.

 

Slipping back out of the changing room, he went to see the nurse, who rolled her eyes, gave him the excuse to turn in later, and the food he had asked for.  He couldn’t help but give her a light smirk, and she just sighed before shooing him away so that she could get back to work.  Yoongi left and went to his favorite spot on the roof to relax, enjoy his food, and write in his notebook which was now up to five pages needing to be burned lest they fall into the wrong hands.

 

The door to the roof opened suddenly ten minutes later and Yoongi stood up quickly so that he could come up with some excuse for whatever teacher was about to catch him up there.  However, he was admittedly surprised to see it was Jungkook and wondered briefly about why the other was up here, before Jungkook looked straight at him with an irritated look.

What the hell had he done?

 

~*~

 

When he didn’t see him in class, Jungkook had started searching all over the school for Yoongi.  He was used to the other staring at him all the time and it was unfortunately noticeable when he wasn’t. He thanked the nurse when she told him that Yoongi typically spent time up on the roof and went all the way up there to finally confront him.  He opened the door and looked around finally setting his eyes on his target.

 

Jungkook walked over with a look of determination in his eyes.  He was tired of Yoongi always staring, always chewing on his pen, always having that look on his face, those damn glasses, and completely kissable lips.  He wasn’t one for crushes because they were pointless, and so when he got his first ever crush on the overly silent, ‘y’, Min Yoongi, he had been less than pleased. 

 

It wasn’t that he felt he was too good for most people, but as he told people repeatedly, crushes were nothing more than bull.  All a person did was get this idea in their heads, and then obsess over it in hopes it turned into something more. It rarely ever turned out exactly or better than they imagined and then disappointment set in.  However, he didn’t just think about the y male with freckles in front of him in some cutesy manner.  No, the images in his mind were much less than pure and innocent.

 

Jungkook smiled only a little as he watched Yoongi backing up and unsure of what his next move was.  That was good.  Jungkook liked keeping people on their toes and guessing.  He continued to advance on the male in front of him before he caught some words on a piece of paper, out of the corner of his eye, with his name on it.  Curious, he stopped and picked it up before looking at it and then looking over at Yoongi against the wall.  “Oh.” he said, but it sounded more like a question.

 

Yoongi had come out of his mild trance to stare at him and what he was holding.  .  “What about it?” he asked and leaned against the wall like he didn’t just back himself up to that point.

 

“So, you have a crush on me then?” Jungkook asked looking through the notebook.

 

“No.”  The reply was quick, short, and came from the annoyed male leaning against the wall.

 

“I’m pretty sure it says right here that you do.” Jungkook said raising an eyebrow.

 

Yoongi just looked at him and raised an eyebrow back.  “Really? I was almost positive that it says, ‘Go yourself’.” he told him and shrugged. 

 

He jumped when Jungkook came over and slammed his hands on either side of his head.  “I’m sorry.” Jungkook whispered as he leaned down pressing his lips near Yoongi’s ear.  “Did it say that or that you want me to you?”

 

Yoongi gave Jungkook his best unamused look before rolling his eyes.  “Listen, if you want something then do it already.  I want to go back to my lunch.”   The shorter male wasn’t exactly sure why he was being so mean to his first crush, but the idea of being super nice and giggling uncontrollably was not in his nature.

 

Jungkook looked at him for a moment and then just shrugged before smashing his lips down on Yoongi’s.  

 

In that moment, he realized that everything he had thought about first crushes was… absolutely true.  Their passionately sloppy kiss was on the roof of the school, filled with way too much teeth and tongue, and overall disappointing yet still kind of good.  It lasted for a full minute before they broke apart and stared at each other.

 

“You use your teeth too much.” Jungkook complained even as his head rested against Yoongi’s.

 

Yoongi just gave him a bored look.  “This coming from the guy that was trying to choke me with his tongue.  Maybe if you wouldn’t have been doing that, then I wouldn’t have needed to try and bite it off.”

 

The words neither of them were saying though was exactly how much they liked their first kiss. After deciding to practice kissing more after school, they said nothing else about the kiss as they sat and finished off Yoongi’s lunch.  The rest of the day passed by uneventfully until they went home.

 

~The Next Day~

 

Yoongi looked around the classroom and then glanced back up at the clock.  His eyes followed the second hand as it went around finally going up to the top.  It was time.  8:15 to be exact.  It was one of his favorite times of the day, and right on time, the doors open to reveal none other than the school’s most popular boy, Jungkook. 

 

He watched Jungkook flash everyone his bright smile and wave hi to his friends.  It was kind of strange almost how he had this down to the exact timing.  He chewed on his pen as he watched Jungkook come over, and then glared when it was yanked out of his mouth.   Yoongi looked up at him and Jungkook bent down kissing his lips. 

 

Flashing the finger at everyone who was gasping and upset about it, Yoongi kept kissing his boyfriend before he felt Jungkook pull back.  He opened his mouth to say something, but a folder was dropped in front of him. “What?” he asked confused as he looked down and saw all his notes from yesterday that he had missed.  Yoongi blinked as he had typically been getting them from his locker in between classes or sometimes after school.  “Why do you have these?”

 

“A brain is apparently what we need to work on next.  It’s obvious I’ve been the one writing them.  However, I know you can’t stop staring at the, what did you write again, ah yes, the levels beyond perfection that is me.” Jungkook smirked when he was done and then laughed when his boyfriend threw a pen at him.

 

Yoongi just sighed and rolled his eyes as Jungkook sat down to pay attention to class.  He found himself staring at the other male with a hint of a smile on his face.

 

Hey, you are doing that creeper thing again even if he is your boyfriend.

 

No, I’m admiring my first crush that happened to become my boyfriend yesterday.

 

Yoongi was pretty sure that he was about to start arguing with his mind again, but suddenly his phone buzzed a little.  He blinked and took it out, looking at the message while the teacher was distracted. In the message was a picture of his boyfriend, taken just now with a caption reading ‘Here.  It lasts longer’, causing Yoongi to look up at the smirking brunette and flip him off.  He watched Jungkook shake in laughter before turning back to his own desk, scribbling into his notebook.

 

This was the problem with crushes.  There was always some unrealistic expectation that ended up a severe disappointment and yet exactly what one needs.