My superman

MY SUPERMAN

Leeteuk is happily married to Heechul who gave birth to their 5 adorable sons. Leeteuk has never imagined having 5 kids, but Heechul somehow always got pregnant. Siwon is first born and he is 8 years old, then came Ryeowook who is 7 years old. One year later twins Donghae and Hyukjae came and they are 6. Then Heechul’s took a break for few years and after the break came Yesung who is 18 months old. Heechul liked his job as a fashion photographer, but he loves being the best mother for his sons. However, sometimes he wants to go back to his old life, just for a few hours. So today Leeteuk has to take a break and stay at home with their kids while Heechul leaves to be with adults for a while.

 

Leeteuk got a list of things he needs to do today. He is standing in the kitchen and reads the list while drinking coffee. Leeteuk knows that he doesn’t spend much time at home, he is too busy with his work but how hard can it be? It is just one day. 

 

Leeteuk opened the fridge to cook breakfast for his family. He can cook a few meals so he decided to prepare breakfast pockets with spinach, cheese and eggs. Suddenly he hears some loud noises coming from upstairs and hears Siwon arguing with Ryeowook. Leeteuk sighs because he knows that they are arguing a lot. Ryeowook wants to do everything his big brother does which annoys Siwon. Soon after the two oldest kids woke up also Donghae and Hyukjae woke up and run out of their room. Soon they are standing in the kitchen and reach their short arms up to their father.

 

“Daddy!”

 

Donghae wants a hug but on the other Hyukjae wants food. Leeteuk picked Donghae up and Hyukjae climbed on a chair. Grumpy Siwon and Ryeowook came.  Leeteuk served breakfast and goes upstairs in the main bedroom. His 18 months old son Yesung is still asleep and Leeteuk slowly picks him up. He laid Yesung on the changing table and changes his wet diaper. Yesung is getting angry because Leeteuk is taking too long with the diaper change. His daddy quickly dressed him and then goes downstairs where are his sons finishing their breakfast. Leeteuk the TV for them and starts cooking oatmeal while Yesung sits in his highchair and eats few dry rings of Cheerios. However Yesung makes grabby hands toward the delicious pockets, but his daddy moved it away. Leeteuk brings the first bit of oatmeal to his small lips and Yesung angrily moves his head away. His daddy only sighs and gently grabs his small chin.

 

“Here comes a train Yesungie. Choo choo!”

 

Leeteuk brings the spoon to his lips again, but Yesung swats the spoon away and put his hands in the bowl with breakfast. Leeteuk sees that he lost this battle and let Yesung eat with his hands. He checks that the kids are okay in the living room and reads the list of his duties. At 10:30 Yesung has an appointment with his doctor, as a premature baby the doctor needs to see Yesung quite often. Luckily for Leeteuk, the twins have a taekwondo at 10 and it last more than one hour, so he will have time to deal with the doctor and pick them up. Siwon and Ryeowook are old enough to be good boys at the doctor’s office but Leeteuk is still worried. 

 

He let the kids watch the cartoons while he changed Yesung’s diaper and dressed him. He sat Yesung in his playpen and forces the twins to get dressed. It is hard because Donghae is in some phase when he refuses to wear underwear while Hyukjae keeps running away to play. Siwon and Ryeowook share room so Siwon can help his younger brother and soon they are ready. Yesung is starting to get mad because he is lonely and he grips the railing of the playpen and stands up. He is screaming and crying to get someone’s attention. Luckily for him Siwon comes and picks him up. 

 

Leeteuk finally managed to dress the twins and they are almost ready to leave. He pulls out Yesung’s stroller and grabs his diaper bag, but sitting the toddler inside isn’t easy. Yesung wildly kicks his legs to avoid the stroller and Leeteuk is slowly becoming desperate. They are going to be late if Yesung doesn't sit inside. 

 

“Mommy always carries him on chest.”

 

Leeteuk is surprised to hear such advice from his 7 years old son and he quickly gets the baby carrier. He strapped Yesung inside and they left the house. The taekwondo school isn’t far so soon Leeteuk waves to the twins who are running in the gym wearing cute matching track suits. They head to the doctor’s office and Leeteuk repeats to his sons to be good boys. The nurse knows these cute boys very well and hurries to greet them and gives them lollipops. Siwon and Ryeowook are on the cherry lollipops and Yesung’s torment begins.

 

Leeteuk is holding the tiny toddler in his arms and holds him while the doctor examines him. Yesung is doing well, his parents and doctor are worried that he might face some difficulties thanks to his too early birth, but the doctor is happy to say that Yesung is okay. However, it is time for his DTap vaccine. Leeteuk is nervous, he was never there to see his sons getting vaccinated, but his shaky hands pulled down Yesung’s pants. The doctor stabbed a needle in his thigh and Yesung shows a new kind of blood curdling scream to his daddy. Leeteuk is on edge of tears when he pulls the pants up and hugs his crying son. Siwon and Ryeowook who are in the office with them are shocked and Ryeowook starts weeping. Leeteuk quickly hugs him and bounces Yesung in his arms to calm him down. They left the office and go to pick up Donghae and Hyukjae. The twins are their most energetic kids, but the taekwondo class tired them out a bit so now they are docile and follow their daddy. They need to stop at a pharmacy to buy special vitamins for Yesung and Leeteuk almost went crazy while trying to keep the four kids around him under control while the pharmacist is getting the vitamins. Donghae and Hyukjae have to touch everything they see and Leeteuk doesn’t want them to break anything. They finally got the vitamins and left the pharmacy. Now it is time to buy new shoes for Ryeowook because school is going to start soon and he needs some comfy shoes. They head in a shoe store and Leeteuk is speaking with the shop assistant. Meanwhile Ryeowook can look around and choose some. He goes to explore the section with shoes for girls and grabs a pair of red Mary Jane shoes. Leeteuk almost fainted when he spotted his son in them, but Ryeowook’s smile is so wide and precious. However, it isn’t possible for him to wear shoes for girls so Leeteuk has to ruin his happiness. Ryeowook cries while his father takes the shoes off and the shop assistant hands simple black shoes to Leeteuk. Ryeowook is close to throwing a tantrum, but his father tries to calm him down with whining Yesung strapped to his chest.

 

“Ryeowook, you are almost 7 and first grade is waiting for you. That's why you need nice new shoes and I am sure you don’t want to have the same shoes as girls in your class. Siwon also wears black shoes.”

 

Ryeowook stopped crying after he mentioned his big brother and looks at his feet. Leeteuk told him to try walking in them and bounces Yesung who is getting restless. His daddy forgot about a snack and Yesung is hungry, so of course he shows his discomfort until they bought the shoes and finally left the store. They are walking around McDonalds and the four kids jump on their daddy and beg him to eat there. Leeteuk isn't sure if this is the best meal for his sons, but he is too tired and can't imagine cooking lunch so they head inside. They are babbling their orders and point at the pictures of burgers. Leeteuk ordered and then carries the tray to a table which is close to the playground. Their feast can start. 

 

Yesung is happy after he got a mozzarella stick and gnaws on it while his brothers eat chicken nuggets. Only Siwon wanted a burger and he is eating it without getting it everywhere. After eating the nuggets and fries comes a dessert, which is ice cream. Donghae and Hyukjae share Smarties McFlurry, Siwon and Ryeowook share Oreo McFlurry and Leeteuk gives Yesung few small spoons of his Maltesers McFlurry. Then the kids go to play and even Yesung runs behind his brothers on his short legs. Leeteuk collected the toys from Happy meals and goes to look after them. He better holds Yesung’s hand so he won't fall down but let him explore the place. Leeteuk wants to make them tired so he could finish some work while they sleep. It works because soon very tired Donghae hugs his daddy’s leg and closed his eyes. They go home and Leeteuk tucked freshly changed Yesung in his crib before checking on the twins. Donghae is fast asleep while hugging Iron man toy and Hyukjae is fighting with sleep. Ryeowook is also dozing, only Siwon is sitting in the living room and reads a book. Sometimes he doesn’t look like a kid, but like a small adult with his serious look and stern voice which he uses when he scolds his brothers, except for Yesung because everyone in the house loves the tiny toddler. The kids know that Yesung was very sick after being born, he spent first two months of his life in a hospital and that's why they need to be gentle with him and protect him. That's the reason why the four brothers fought with the brothers of another toddler who was mean to Yesung. Heechul was so proud that they were like a commando ready to whoop the little s.

 

Leeteuk sat down next to Siwon with his computer and works. They are both busy with their business and spend a while without the small monkeys. Ryeowook woke up as the first one and he is in a cuddly mood. He climbs in Leeteuk’s lap and hugs him while his daddy works. Then the twins woke up and want to watch cartoons. Leeteuk closed his laptop and goes to check Yesung who is still asleep. The toddler gets tired very easily and Leeteuk goes to open a yogurt for everyone and he also prepared some berries. He crushed Yesung’s vitamins and adds them in his snack and then goes to wake him up. 

 

The kids are silent while eating the snack before they will need to go out to do grocery shopping. This time Leeteuk managed to sit Yesung inside his stroller, but soon after they left the house he started to scream and cry. People who are walking around them give Leeteuk mean glares while the man tries to calm his son down. 

 

“Daddy, mommy always gives him pacifier.”

 

Siwon hands him a red pacifier, which he took out of the diaper bag and Yesung immediately reached his short arms toward it. Leeteuk frowns because this is interesting. Heechul promised that Yesung won't have a pacifier after he reaches 1 year, but the toddler looks like he knows this pacifier very well. Leeteuk pushed the teat between his lips and Yesung is immediately silent and on the rubber . They reached the supermarket and Siwon wants to push the stroller with his brother while Leeteuk pushes the trolley. He got a list of things they need and his sons are very eager to add plenty of other things in the trolley. Leeteuk doesn’t argue with them, but secretly put a few of the things away. Siwon feels so big and important while pushing the stroller and he also looks very cute. Yesung is sitting strapped inside and curiously watches everything around. He is squirming in the stroller and reaches his hands toward his big brother so Siwon ended using one hand to hold Yesung’s tiny hand. Donghae and Hyukjae are little devils. They continue in putting many random things in the trolley and laugh when their daddy puts them back with annoyed and tired expression. At least that Siwon and Yesung are calm and Siwon helps his father with putting their grocery in bags. The sky is getting overshadowed by gray clouds so Leeteuk thinks it’s the best time to head home. He put coloring books, crayons, glittery pens and papers on the coffee table in the living room and the kids start drawing so Leeteuk can cook dinner in peace. 

 

Of course Siwon is in charge and when the twins begin arguing and fighting over pink crayon he solves the situation by taking it away from them. This made Donghae very angry and he runs to his daddy to tell him everything. Meanwhile Yesung bursts into tears because Ryeowook took away his glittery pen. Leeteuk hurries in the living room to calm them down and sighs. He really can't leave them unsupervised, not even for just few minutes. He takes Yesung and sat him in his playpen and tells Donghae to help him with cooking dinner. Now, none of his sons is happy and Yesung starts to scream on the top of his lungs while Donghae is playing with empty  pots. Leeteuk is slowly losing nerves so he takes Donghae back in the living room and gives them markers so they won't argue because of every crayon and then put Yesung in the carrier which is strapped on his back. Yesung is a bit calmer after he got his pacifier and kicks his legs in the air while his daddy cooks. Leeteuk is speaking with him for the whole time and describes what he is doing and Yesung looks satisfied. The dinner is ready soon and Leeteuk put the pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs on plates. His sons are hungrily eating their favorite dish and Leeteuk feeds Yesung who is holding one big meatball in his hands and eats it like an apple. After dinner Leeteuk baths Yesung and then takes him downstairs to watch the last cartoons with his brothers. They are watching the TV when suddenly a key rustles in the lock and Heechul walked in the house. The TV is forgotten and the kids run to their mother. 

 

Heechul picks up his smallest baby and kisses his cheeks while noticing that he is on a pacifier. He knows that Leeteuk will annoy him later, but for now he sits down on the couch and Leeteuk kissed him. The kids turn their attention back to the TV and Heechul Yesung’s hair. He missed his cuddly baby and now holds him before it will be the time to tuck him in his crib.

 

Leeteuk silently turned to him and really starts to annoy him.

 

“I thought that we have a deal - no pacifier after first birthday.”

 

Heechul leaned down to kiss the top of Yesung’s head and rubs his small tummy.

 

“I wasn’t able to carry him for whole 9 months and then I couldn’t have fed him for a long time. Don’t judge me that i am repaying it by a pacifier.”

 

Leeteuk nodded and turns his head away. He knows that everything was so hard for Heechul. Yesung’s birth was complicated and it left Heechul depressed and sure that they won't have another baby. Heechul blamed himself, maybe he did something wrong and it caused that Yesung came too soon. After all his previous kids were okay. Heechul watches his sons and smiles. He loves them so much, but he knows that Yesung will stay his little baby forever. Heechul feels that Yesung is going to need more help than his brothers. Siwon is already so mature, Ryeowook is bossy and the twins make friends so easily. They are smart and strong, they grow up so quickly that Heechul can't believe it. They are independent and he isn't worrying about them as much as he worries about Yesung. The memories of sleepless nights when he bargained with God and promised to do everything to save his son are still too fresh. His small baby is fragile, maybe that he will be slower at school, but Heechul is sure that he will be always there to help Yesung. And Leeteuk, his superman, is going to be at his side.