one.

the heart always remembers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyun, you’re too far away. Get over here.” Seungwan looked at her girlfriend, sporting a pout on her face knowing that the latter won’t be able to resist. Patting the spot next to her on the small hospital bed, Seungwan motioned for her to come closer.

Sighing, Joohyun eventually gave in - she always does anyway - slowly lying down on the tiny space, careful not to touch any wires on the machines.

The two were now laying side by side and both staring at the ceiling - no words being said between them.

“I don’t wanna get surgery, Hyun.” The younger girl began, breaking the silence.

Blinking back the tears that were threatening to fall, Joohyun gently held her hand and entangled their fingers. “Babe, you heard what the doctor said. If they remove the tumor, you’ll be able to live a long and healthy life. You’re still so young, Wan. There’s so much more in store for you.”

“How can you say that, Hyun? Didn’t you hear the doctor? I could forget you when I wake up! How would I be able to live after that?”

Tears now freely falling, Joohyun put her chin on top of Seungwan’s head and hugged her tightly - as if it would let her keep what they have for just a little bit longer. “Listen to me, Wan. I love you so much, and it’s because I love you that I can’t be selfish with you. I’d rather see you live a long life than only have a few years just so you can remember me.”

“But what if i don’t remember you? What if I forget everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter