Prologue: A Soul Summoned

Soul Divide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was watching his reflection at the dance studio’s floor-to-ceiling mirror when it happened.

 

It’s close to midnight and his companions had long since left the room. But being the star dancer for this weekend’s recital has him clocking in more practice time.

 

He had stopped dancing for a while when he noticed something doesn’t feel quite right. His reflection looked blurry at the edges and there seemed to be a faint light—so faint that he’s in doubt whether it’s actually there—coming from the mirror. He’s probably just dizzy but he approached the mirror nonetheless, hoping to check if there’s anything wrong with his eyesight.

 

He was less than a foot away from his reflection when he felt an unseen force tugging at him, pulling him towards the mirror which was now emitting a bright blue light. If Jongin believed in magic, he’d think it’s a portal of some sort. But he doesn’t believe in magic and whoa—

 

The first thing that assaulted him when he regained his senses is the pungent scent of the hard earth squishing his left cheek. He blinked his eyes open, finding himself in a dark, foggy place which is definitely not the dance studio. Did I just pass through a portal?

 

He stood up, looking around the place which was bare of any living creatures. Or so he thought. He was just about to walk aimlessly—anywhere, wherever his feet lead him to—when he spotted a boy who looks no older than he is but just a bit shorter. The boy has pale skin, wide eyes and heart-shaped lips. Under any other circumstances, he’d find the boy attractive but right now he’s terrified out of his wits.

 

“State your name,” the pale boy ordered, eyeing him up and down.

 

“K-Kim Jongin,” he managed to squeak out. He tried to back away when he noticed that the boy was moving closer towards him but he found himself rooted to the spot.

 

His reaction made the boy smirk. “You must know that resistance is futil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter