Chapter 1: Not Enough Preparations

Drunk on Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoa! It's been a while. >_<
For some reason, I keep writing insecure!Soo even if I don't really see Kyungsoo that way (at least, not anymore).

TW: infidelity

 

 

"Thank you so much for letting me drag you to get some clothes," Kyungsoo told his best friend, Baekhyun, as Kyungsoo takes his card from the cashier's hand. Well, there goes his allowance, he mused. But for a good cause, he reminded himself abrubtly and just shrugged his first thought off.

 

"Oh no, honey," Baekhyun said, wagging his index finger in a gesture of disagreement. "Thank you so much for finally buying acceptable clothes. Damn! I still can't get over that pants you tried on a while ago. You looked so hot! Taemin is so going to drool all over you, that's for sure! I bet you the will be wild by the end of your date."

 

"Keep your voice down," Kyungsoo chastised his friend when he noticed the looks people are giving them. "You're embarrassing me. Not everyone needs to know that aspect of my life."

 

"But Papa Baek is so proud! How can I resist the urge to let the whole world know my baby's growing up?"

 

"What the , Baek." Kyungsoo grimaced at his friend. "You're not my dad."

 

"Well, you're right. Taemin's your daddy."

 

Kyungsoo's ears turned pink at the comment.

 

"Whoa, you didn't even disagree!" Baekhyun exclaimed when Kyungsoo didn't utter any reply. "You call him Daddy? Why am I only finding out about this now? My baby is hiding things from me already!"

 

"I'd punch you if I wasn't holding all these paper bags," Kyungsoo threatened. "And, for the record, I don't call him that."

 

"Okay, okay, I'll stop with the teasing. I know better than to get a punch from you." Baekhyun tried to raise his hands in mock surrender despite the weight of the bags in his hands. "But, really, Soo. Taemin is one lucky guy."

 

"I'm the lucky one, Baek," Kyungsoo refuted. "We both know that."

 

"Says who?" Baekhyun asked. "Sure, he's popular and tons of people like him, but for someone as precious as you to like him, he must have been a saint in his previous life. So give yourself some credit, Soo. You're beautiful inside and out, even if your fashion choices are questionable at times. But I supposed that's what I'm here for."

 

"Thank you, Baek," Kyungsoo said, without any hint of sarcasm. "Maybe I'm the saint in my past life, because I managed to snag you as my best friend."

 

"Are we really having this moment in the middle of the mall?" Baekhyun quipped. "Well, my arms are never too full to give you a hug. Come here." Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo into a tight embrace, squishing him in between all the bags they're carrying. "I'm so excited to work on your make-up tonight."

 

Sometimes, Baekhyun's enthusiasm is scary, Kyungsoo surmises. But, as his friend has so bluntly pointed out, he'd need all the help he can get to look presentable for his date later.

 

*****

 

"Now, let's get rid of that nerdy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter