fin

homesick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henlo, let's get this started!

Again, thank you so much to these wonderful peeps.

jyrus_21, YANGx_, User_name1200, seulgalaxy, kingdomcomes, Chan_94, taeyang729, aya_ah98, zombiejuhyun, km62201n, Cianne03, Highseul, linlinye369, sonexpikachu64, Cheshire3568, adamkyung

HOME SICK

 

The broken and familiar hoots of the owl pierced through the tightly closed windows of Kang abode. The members of the family are sound asleep, greatly indulged in the serenity the early of the day has to offer and beautiful dreams hazily flashing within their resting minds. The stars are perfectly scattered and are conscientiously twinkling and lighting up the darkness of the sky. The sun was barely up but Kang Seulgi, the standing head of the family, has got to go to make her usual living.

 

It’s been what, five to six years since she planned, together with her colleague--friends, to establish a production firm which lines with the other firms in the food industry. Statistically, it takes two to three years for a business to become profitable and six to seven years to fully establish it into a successful one. Due to their adept knowledge and proficiency in the field and their ability and nature to strategically manage what they have put up, they managed to hit the mark earlier and are already soaring with other reputable firms- all with the help of succorable people and very reputable, rich parents.

 

The company produces dairy products ranging from drinks (powdered and ready-to-drink) and foods (a number of various chocolates). Having a degree in line with her chosen career and people to support you, Seulgi surely lucked out, big time, because in no time, the firm is unquestionably doing well. It has been competing with top companies at the most and it has been stable at the least. It is a pressure, especially, for someone committed like Seulgi.

 

The company requires great attention and slacking is not an option. She needs to juggle both but she’s always been thankful to the heavens for blessing her with a very understanding wife because the company and people’s demands are eating most of her schedule.

 

So, now, it is of no question that she thinks that she’s only been sleeping for an hour before her phone noisily woke her up. Without great apprehension to her surroundings and the way she’s still dressed from yesterday’s affairs, she tries getting up with a force that, she feels, is unusually consuming a lot of energy.

 

“Ugh…” Seulgi shut her eyes tight at the crooked sound of her voice, very different from her usual husky and y voice her wife really loves.

 

Oh, how she misses her dear wife. It felt like more than the years spent in establishing the company since they properly did something together and she really misses everything about her lovely wife. Sure, her wife still cooks dinner for her and sleeps with her in the same bed but when was the last time they actually ATE dinner TOGETHER and did more than SLEEPING in bed together? Also, when was the last time they cuddled?! She remembers how her wife confessed how she loves being cuddled at the outset of their relationship, especially, when they were p-

 

Her phone, which was snoozed, annoyingly blared once again, interrupting her sweet and escalating train of thoughts. She groaned.

 

She turned to her side, facing the blank walls of her left and with another great attempt, she tried pushing herself up from the bed with her unusually weak arms, feeling heavy when she managed to finally sit up straight. She steadied herself up and remained immobile. It was only the sound of annoying device looming in the air as she kept her stance.

 

Breathe in, breathe out. She chanted like a mantra in her head and as if her mind thought she was counting sheeps, the lids of her eyes were commanded to latch together once again. Her eyes were closing, oh no!

 

“Oh, heavens!” She bounced back on the peculiarly soft bed she and her wife both shared. She didn’t know if it was because of the irritating sounds she and the alarm are making or if it is her troubled movement but she found her other half facing her with a look of concern.

 

“Hon?” Her wife had sat up and leaned close to her.

 

“Hyunnie?” Oh, her wife’s sweet, sweet voice. Seulgi remembers how Irene used to lull her to sleep when she was anxious about her rookie company affairs then. She was anxious that sleep barely visited her throughout the night. She was so troubled back then when uncertainties and risks kept on creeping and taunting her. All those fears would leave her mind when her ears catch the familial sounds of her wife’s voice, lulling her to sleep and away from the monsters of reality.

 

She wants to hear her wife sing to her more. Should I open a recording studio just for her? But I don’t want anyone listening to her. Her voice is only for me! Seulgi’s eyes were unconsciously closing once again and there was this dopey smile playing on her lips. However, before she could delve deeper in the vast beauty of her dreams, where she and her beloved wife can skip and dance along the soft patch of grass, she was sweetly disturbed with a gentle nudge and another sound from her wife.

 

The smile on her face was eradicated the moment her head shook from the constant nudging that is starting to be aggressive. It felt like the brain in her head is engorged and its erratic throbbing is hurting her more. She whined the pain out.

 

Barely recognizing her pain, her wife added, “Hon, your phone. I think it’s time to wake up.” The blaring alarm was shut down by her. Now, now, where is the soothing voice of her wife? Why does it sound sad now? No, no! She has to do something.

 

Seulgi cracked an eye open and directed her gaze at her wife at once. “Joohyun-ah…” She called out and she realized how her voice sounded from bad to worse and to top it all off, is drying up. She needs water, lots of it.

 

“Honey, are you okay?” Oh, goodness! Should I really open up a studio for her? She seriously reckons. Irene should really be a voice actress. Her voice is really good at relying whatever’s going on inside her heart, her feelings, because Seulgi felt that genuine worry laced on them like how she felt the hands feeling her hands, neck and then, her forehead.

 

“Hmm? I’m good.” She really hopes her voice doesn’t sound pitiable, instead, she wants it sound y and she hopes it really does.

 

I think I can score one today. It won’t hurt Wendy if I come in late today.

 

She grabbed the hands that were on her forehead and she was about to begin whatever she thought of doing when Irene exclaimed. “Honey, you’re burning!” Her eyes sprung open when the warmth left her now shivering body and heard the scrambles of feet hurrying across the room.

 

“Hold on, babe! Let me get you a towel really quick!” And then there was pin drop silence. Her head throbbed more at the silence and she reached a hand up to her temples only to feet its uncharacteristic warmness.

 

I really am burning. Damn.

 

She groaned out again before she rolled around the bed like a kid with a sudden surge of energy. Is it from frustration? Must be. But she missed the one chance, don’t blame her!

 

“Honey, stop doing that! You’re going to hurt yourself more!” Irene motherly scolded the childish puppy and approached the now whining figure sprawled across the vast space of the bed, hogging everything Irene owns, her side of the bed and her pillows. “Aigoo, are you really my wife or are you a kid?” She teasingly remarked once she was seated and faced by Seulgi who’s red in the face and sweating amidst the coldness of the air conditioner.

 

“What do you mean? I’m your wife!” The flabbergasted look on her deluded-looking wife was so funny that Irene had to suppress a laugh as to not aggravate her and wake up the other entities in their household. Yes, she’s aware how loud her laughter can be.

 

It’s really nothing new to Irene how her wife seemed to have delusional fit whenever she’s sick. At first, she thought she was sick in the head and not in the body. She also thought it must have been because of the medication but Seulgi always acts up without any intake of medicine. She was astonished but after several encounters, she understood and now, she only found it adorable.  

 

“Oh, are you? I remember marrying a grown-up engineer, not a kid.” She added more, sinking a soft cloth in the basin of warm water and damping It nicely before squeezing it out, just enough to get excessive water out and keeping the warmness in.

 

“I’m an engineer! And you married me, look!” Seulgi held a hand up, jerking up her ring finger where a simple but beautiful golden band was perfectly fitted. Irene saw how it glisten as the light of their lamp reflected around its shiny edges.

 

She suddenly remembered how Seulgi’s eyes shined the same when she was on her knees, painfully kneeling on the stony path of their favorite place at the top of the hill near their school with an overlook of beautiful night sky and city lights, proposing with hopes glimmering in her eyes. Who was she to turn Seulgi down when she, like the dork, is head over heels for her and vowed to forever love and have her babies just after their first date?

 

And so, she said yes and look how perfect they are now.

 

“Oh, you have a beautiful ring. Must be married to a lucky girl, huh?” She continued teasing her as if she just didn’t reminisce about their very beautiful moment before marriage.

 

Seulgi finally huffed in annoyance and with new found strength, palmed Irene’s face and squished her face in, Irene’s face bloating in her direction. “Yes, I’m married to a very lucky girl and you’re my lucky girl, okay? I love you.” While it was funny how Seulgi’s voice sounded clogged, it was also romantic. Another reason she loves it when the girl’s sick, only love confessions leave .  

 

Must be the way Seulgi said it so seriously or the soft peck after the confession, either way, Irene can’t deny how blood rushed up to her face and blushed madly like how she did back when they were in high school.

 

Oh, how time passed. Irene sighed mentally. Is it only reminiscence left in their icy-ing marriage? While it was fine and she shows her supportiveness over her spouse, she can’t help that most of the times she felt neglected when her wife comes home late and wakes up early. She tries to be understanding about it but sometimes, it gets frustrating that she intentionally skips making dinner for her wife as a silent fit her wife never picked up. You should know how maddening it is when frustration comes in uality. When was the last time they had their intimacy? How old the kids are, that is how long.

 

Is she not smexy anymore? Is it because I gained fats when I carried the kids? The thought almost made her weep in agony. Is it really what’s left of their marriage? Countless reminiscing?

 

“Now, I have to go because Seungwan’s going to choke me if I don’t come on time.” Irene snapped out of her reverie at the stern statement.

 

Seulgi can feel the state of worsening when she took in a gulp but Seulgi thought work can’t be ditched just because she’s sick. She still holds a big obligation and responsibility. People are counting on her.

 

“What? No! You’re sick. You can’t just go like that. What if you collapse?! What if-“ Irene was panicking and her declining worry was interrupted by Seulgi’s rude lips on hers. That immediately shut her up. Her heart thumping wildly in happiness as if it was finally watered after being on drought for so long. Irene hums and she responded back in an instance. She really missed their moments like this. She would gladly take this further but she doesn’t want her lover getting more sick.

 

Anyone would laugh at Seulgi about how she seemed oblivious of her wife’s growing need for affection. The older woman’s practically asking for it everyday!

 

They engage in a longer lip lock, getting lost in the passion and Irene’s sanity if slowly slipping out of her as she forgets the current condition of her wife. They’re basically sharing infectious liquid through their mouths. She needs and wants this long-awaited kiss and she’s going to get it today.

 

Be damned getting sick.

 

They go at it for another minute without rest and when they finally pulled away both were panting and hazily looking at each other, especially Seulgi, who looks like she’s fainting soon. If only Seulgi wasn’t sick, she’d be ecstatic at what Irene is thinking at the moment.

 

“If you think this is going to change my mind, you’re wrong. You’re not going anywhere today and you’ll rest. I’ll go instead.” She returned the stern attitude at the taunted bottom, Seulgi. Seulgi’s attempt at rebuttal was closed the moment Irene did that. Damn, that’s hot. Irene let out a smile of victory when her child of a wife backed down like a puppy before she pushed her down the bed.

 

Irene, like Seulgi, is a graduate from the same department only with a different major. Unlike Seulgi who took up Industrial, Irene took up the degree majoring in computer hardware and software development, basically, Computer Engineering. Courses were entirely different but almost the same- just differing in major. She worked in a software company for three years but due to certain circumstances their marriage has brought, Irene has to stop and has since stayed at home and tended to the needs of the family. Must be depressing to career-oriented people but Irene wouldn’t have it any other way. She loves her job but she loves her family more.

 

“I can do it, okay? You must’ve forgotten who I am.” Irene proudly stated as she pulled the tip of Seulgi’s nose. She sat back up properly and then pulled the blanket up to tuck in the submissive spouse. She began Seulgi’s soft strands who was beginning to drift off again.

 

“Are you sure?” Seulgi asked Irene for assurance one more time and when Irene leaned down and left another smooch on her partner’s burning forehead, she finally relented. She heard how the latter winced at how hot her forehead might be as she let out a snotty chuckle. She hopes she’ll be better later so they could kiss more after work.

 

“Yes, honey. I’m very sure.” She isn’t entirely sure but she loves a challenge so she isn’t backing down. A serene smile played on Irene’s lips as the finally lulled her lover back to sleep, praying that only good dreams will come in her stressed-out wife as she sleeps. “And I love you, too.” She lingered in for a few more minutes and watched the peaceful look on her sleeping wife.

 

After a few more affection to her already knocked out wife, Irene finally stood up to get herself ready for the day. She’s tad nervous because it’s been so long since she worked her brain with technicality but she’s sure she still got it in her. To motivate herself, she stole another kiss from the snoring bear, tucked and pampered in the bed before leaving to get her day started.

 

This is going to be a long day.

 

 

The sound of birds chirping took over the solemn hooting of owls when Seulgi began to gain consciousness. She cracked an eye open like how she did earlier, a hint of slight droopiness evident by the way it barely opened. It was seconds later when her other eye opened that she let her vision roam around the comfort of their familiar room. She caught a whiff of familiar lavender and that’s when she fully roused up from her then very deep slumber.

 

Where’s Hyunnie? She sat up fully before she tried recalling the events beforehand- from how she felt really heavy when she woke up in the crack of dawn, how her head was throbbing like she had downed a gallon of alcohol and how felt like a sandpaper at how it felt so rough.

 

All those were almost killing her. She reminded herself to shower Irene with kisses later when she finds her. She felt a lot better now like she just didn’t face a very bad case of sickness earlier. Must also be the scent. Her eyes darted to the humidifier dutifully moisturizing their bedroom, at the same time, pumping the lavender scent which her wife, later she, loves the most.

 

Now, now, where is my wife so I can thank her with kisses? She scooted closer to the edge of the bed and slipped her feet in her oversized fluffy slippers her wife has particularly chosen and bought for her. Her peripheral vision caught a sight of white note diligently plastered on top of their bedside table accompanied by a set of medicines Irene must’ve left for her to take when she wakes up and after she takes a bite.

 

“I’ll be at the office. Don’t follow me and take a rest. I’ll see you later at dinner. Love you!” The words left her lips with the tone she would bet her life the same Irene would say it. Her lips hovered over the note where a lipstick mark was placed and gave it a kiss.

 

“Good morning to me!”

 

Insert loud clashing noises

 

Just as she exclaimed her confession an abnormal sound coming from outside echoed through the entire house.

 

Oh, no… the kids!

 

The hairs at the back of her neck stood as her heart jumped out of her chest “Irene’s going to kill me!” Seulgi would spit on herself for forgetting the fact that she’s married and she has kids. She was flustered by her stupidity. Should she blame Irene for always giving her the sense and feeling of being new to a marriage?

 

No, time for that, Kang Seulgi.

 

She hastily circled the bed and hurried to the door, almost slipping on the well-maintained surface of their shiny tiles, and ran straight down the living room where the loud crashing noises came from only to find the television flashing an old cartoon depicting epic animal to animal violence.

 

Didn’t know they still air Looney Tunes. Although she was concerned about the contents, she was glad that no one got hurt and her babies are fine and unscratched.

 

“Mama!” “Umma!” The two identically looking kids who are resembling Seulgi’s trademark moon-shaped smiling eyes welcome her with grins so bright and hugs so warm.

 

Meet Peanut and Butter, their wonderful three-year old twins, born on the strike of New Year of 2016, weighing 6.5 and 6 pounds, respectfully. Seulgi, who fainted at the middle of Irene giving birth, was happily crying a river the moment she gained back her consciousness and was handed both of her babies- the grandparents are not giving a hoot about her fear of dropping them. All was well anyway because Seulgi managed to hold them both at the same time whilst the babies only slept peacefully in the warm and securing embrace of their mama bear. That was then Seulgi realized, she’ll work hard and give her babies (Yes, Irene is definitely included because she’s her number one baeby) all the best the world has to offer.

 

Has it really been that long?

 

Seulgi thought as she watches the kids who are now latching onto her legs, their heads tilted up to their mother who was silent and stuck at her thoughts. It was only then when Peanut a.k.a Yeri, the troublemaker in the making, mischievously sank her teeth down the skin of her mother’s thighs when Seulgi finally snapped out of her trance with a hiss.

 

“Yerim-ah!” The kid immediately removed her front teeth from its painful latching and giggled with innocence like she just didn’t bit her mother. She looked back at her mother, no fear in her eyes as she remained attached to her mother’s legs.

 

“Aigoo, you little devil.” Seulgi muttered silently to herself as she picked the naughty kid up to her arms and began giving her tummy raspberry blows while holding her up in the air.

 

“Mama, no! Monster!” Yeri was wildly and loudly guffawing in the air as she tugged on Seulgi’s hair for leverage and with fervor, getting ticklish and excited at the affection her mother is showering her. “Monster!” She continued tugging violently and Seulgi is beginning to conclude how this child of hers greatly resembles Irene’s violent ways.

 

Oh, heavens. I just hope she grows out of it. For now, she has to live with it. She kind of misses it, anyway.

 

“Who’s the monster, huh?!” She tuned her voice menacingly but playfully down like a monster and she was about to dive in for another tummy attacks when she got stopped midway by her other neglected kid who’s now animatedly tugging at the hem of her pajama pants.

 

“Umma! Up! Up!” Butter a.k.a Soori has her initial bright grin up as she raised her arms up, adjuring to be raised up high like her twin sister. Unlike Yeri, Soori is backed up with her speech. She badly stutters saying other words as if talking is so complicated and can only say the basic words of a one to two-year old. Irene mentioned how she never forced her to learn more as it frustrates the child into tears when she can’t say the words properly and Soori is one hell of a dramatic crybaby. They, altogether, decided to let Soori be in her own pace with few guidance here and there.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter