Chapter 1

Point of View
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung inhaled slowly, eyes closed and fingers pinching his nose. He clenched his jaw and looked up, gaze unhappy and piercing.

"What are you doing here Nara?" He asked between his teeth. Said girl blinked her long lashes, pouting and sliding her arms around Taehyung's waist.

"I came to surprise you babe~," Nara slyly looked at the girl who was with Taehyung. "I missed you."

"Don't "babe" me Nara, and please leave, I'm busy." Taehyung said.

Removing Nara's arms from around him, he stepped back and made his way around to the other girl. Nara squinted to see the name tag on her apron, the letters spelling out "Park Youna". Taehyung suddenly pulled the girl to him, her hands by his chest. She looked flustered, as if she wasn't expecting it. Tch, she's got the innocent act down perfectly, Nara thought to herself.

"You're disturbing our date."

Taehyung was out on a date? No no, not just on a date, but with this girl? Some girl he probably barely even knew and was as plain as her name? Now thinking about it, she probably worked here! How ridiculous!

Just as Nara was about to say something, Taehyung walked out of the restaurant, dragging along that damned Park Youna with him. Nara scoffed, angrily sitting down and crossing her arms. 

 

Jungkook walked into the restaurant, tying an apron around his body rolling up his sleeves. It was around 10pm, so they were getting pretty busy. The workaholics with too much stress on their plate and love torn college students usually came around this time of day to drink their sorrows away. Speaking of which, there seemed to be some here already.

"AHJUMMA!! ONE MORE BOTTLE OF SOJU PLEASE!" A woman yelled.

Jungkook took notice of her clothes; they were fancy and most definitely expensive. Her black bag matched her plaid outfit and was probably worth more than a year of rent. Taking an empty bottle of soju, Jungkook rinsed it out and filled it with water. He walked over and placed it in front of the woman, whose head was laying on the table.

"Excuse me.." Jungkook said.

He poked the woman, stumbling back a bit as she abruptly lifted her head up. Even under the messy hair he could tell she was beautiful. It was almost as if she glowed. Snapping out of his trance, Jungkook put his hand on her shoulder, moving his face down to hers as if she could see him through her closed eyes.

"Ma'am, I got you some soju, it's on the house." Jungkook spoke slowly before standing up to walk away. Grabbing his wrist, the woman looked Jungkook in the eyes.

"Please don't leave me." Her voice was small. "Nara has been lonely."

Jungkook smiled, removing her hand from around his wrist and sitting down. He propped his chin on his hand. The restaurant was still a bit empty, he could relax for a bit.

"It's okay," He said. "Jungkook won't leave Nara-ssi."

"Yayyyy!" Nara clapped her hands.

"Now what's been on Nara-ssi's mind lately?" Jungkook poured a shot of "soju" into her cup.

Nara sighed heavily, holding onto the shot glass and staring into the water.

"Taehyung oppa went on a date with some that works here." She sneered.

Jungkook nodded, now understanding why his boss asked him to come in. She had mentioned something about Youna being snatched away by some handsome, rich man, and not wanting to bother them, let her go.

"I see." He responded.

"And that's not all!" Nara exclaimed. "She's probably the most plain looking commoner I've seen in my entire life!"

Jungkook chuckled at that. Youna was fairly pretty, and nice too. Sure she didn't wear makeup or designer clothes, but her kindness was what made her one of Jungkook's pleasant co-workers.

"What are you laughing at?" Nara glared at Jungkook standing up and pointing her finger at him. Cute.

"I am Han Nara, daughter of Han Changgil and Kim Chohee, chaebol of Han & Kim Co.! How dare you laugh at me!" She cried.

"I.. am Han... Nara..... daughter of.."

"Nara-ssi!" Jungkook reached over the table to catch her just before she fell. 

Thump. Thump. Thump. Jungkook could swear time stopped. He felt his heart beat faster as he held onto Nara, his eyes wide in shock. When this close, he cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter