Chapter 1 : let me tell you

WHO ARE YOU, YOUNGK?

It's been a week since the incident happened. Youngk never come to me, never pick up my calls, never texted me back. He avoids me every time we cross paths. He forgot the fact that we were actually a couple, well maybe not anymore.

We used to fight a lot before we decided to be together last year. We knew each other since years ago, we went to the same high school. Youngk obviously was a kingka in school, while me just a random nerdy girl who was always forced to do their homeworks. 

We both surely hate each other at first, but as the time goes by and after lots of s happened, both me and him secretly realized that we kind of having interest in each other, but the idea of dating is almost impossible, thanks to the kingka and nerd status that we had.

After finishing high school, again, youngk and i attended the same university, choosing the same major. No, we didn't plan this together, it's just a coincidence that we both happened to love Business Administration. At that time, we weren't even together yet.

It all started in sophomore year, when we were assigned to do a project in duo. Youngk and i spent almost the whole semester together for the project, it was tough, yet bittersweet time for us. We then started to date officially. Trust me, youngk is the one boyfriend that all of the girls needed.

To me, he was perfect, until he lost his memory a week ago. He kicked me out from his apartment, accusing me for trespassing. Well, actually i dont know, i dont have any idea what's going on. He only forgot about our current relationship, he still remember my name, school, friends and everything- oh except one thing. He forgot about his nickname.

He keep arguing everyone that calls him by Youngk, he corrected them to  call him by Kang Younghyun. He cant remember that he used to hate his original name, that he changed everything to youngk. Even though, his legal name is still Kang Younghyun. 

The reason why Youngk hated his legal name is because of his father. His father betrayed his mother and ran away with some other woman. Apparently, the name "Younghyun" was given by his father. 

I have no idea what's so wrong with youngk, how did he became like that, how did we turn from lover to stranger overnight? Youngk now treat me like i've never existed. 

That's why, i started to hangout with Jae again. He is my best friend. I felt guilty for jae though, i kinda neglected him for the past year when i was too drunk in love with youngk. It's not that jae is mad or anything, im just guilty, that's it. I am the bad friend, i know.

"So, what are you going to do now?" 

Jae asked me while sipping his ice americano. Honestly, i just don't know. Im confused, i cant confront youngk, he is avoiding me.

"I dont know, Jae. I want to ask him what the heck happened, i want to be the one who he can rely on, i want to stay with him .. even if he hurts me."

I started sobbing quietly, i miss him. i miss his sweet voice, i miss his addicting smell, i miss his small kisses, i miss his touch. I miss youngk so ing much.

"H-hey hey! Y/n! Dude, dont cry! We'll figure this out! Hey!"

I wiped away my tears, trying to smile faintly to assure my best friend that im okay, even if im not really okay.

"Jae, i .."

"What? What, Tell me"

"I, i want to go clubbing"

"Yeh? What do you mean?"

Jae looking at me as confused as ever.

"Club. Itaewon."


---
hello, hyenas🌜
thank you for reading this story!
help me out by voting & following me!
if you have a story going on, pls do tell me so i can read yours🧚