New Seats.

Don't tell me to shut up.

 

Thursday.

– next day// school

“Sorry I’m a bad boy.” Jin Ru sang to herself with her headphones in as she walked into her classroom.

She made it in the classroom just as the bell rang. The teacher greeted her as she walked past Ms. Kim’s desk. If Jin Ru walked in a minute later, she would have gotten a scolding. The rest of Jin Ru’s friends were already seated.

 Na Na looked at Jin Ru and then turned around to face Ji Hyuk. “You’re going to have to move.”

“Wae?” He asked her, not caring for an answer and she didn’t give him one either.

“Baby, don’t leave me. I know you still love me.” Jin Ru continued singing quietly until she reached her desk. “Oh, excuse me.” She said as she took out her head phones. “This is my desk.” Jin Ru informed him. She looked around the classroom. “There’s an empty seat right there.” She smiled to him.

“Ahh.. Then go sit there.” He told her with dullness in his tone.

“What? No. This is my desk.” Jin Ru told him.

“It’s obviously not now.” Ji Hyuk slightly chuckled at himself.

Jin Ru was annoyed at this point. “Are you kidding me? Get up.”

“No.” He said to her and then looked at the board.

“I’m just going to stand here until you move.” She told him angrily.

The teacher noticed the two talking. “Is there a reason you two are interrupting class?”

Jin Ru looked at the teacher. “Sorry, teacher-nim. That’s not my intentions. I would just like to sit down.” She turned and gave Ji Hyuk a glare.

“Yah, Ji Hyuk. Let Jin Ru have her seat.” The teacher ordered him.

Jin Ru’s jaw dropped. “.. JI HYUK? Eye Candy’s Ji Hyuk?!” She thought to herself.

“Mrs. Kim, we don’t have assigned seats in here. I don’t see the problem with me sitting here.” Ji Hyuk explained to her.

“Yeh, that’s true. Jin Ru, find another seat.” The teacher pointed to an empty desk.

“Bwoh?” Jin Ru shouted.

“Now.” The teacher warned.

Jin Ru looked at her friends. They all gave her apologetic faces. Then she looked at Ji Hyuk. He laughed at her and she rolled her eyes. Jin Ru sat in her new desk and sighed.

“Sorry on his behave.” The boy next to Jin Ru said and chuckled.

She turned and looked at his face. She didn’t recognize it, yet it was still familiar.

“That guy over there.” She somewhat pointed at Ji Hyuk. “He’s from Eye Candy, huh?” She said as she put her hand over her face.

“Uh, yeah.” He chuckled again.

Jin Ru looked at the boy once again and analyzed his face. “Would you happen to be Kyu Jong?”

“Yep.” He smiled at her. “You weren’t here yesterday. It was our first day.”

“Yeah, I heard about that but I completely forgot.” Jin Ru told him.

“I see. Well are you a fan of Eye Candy?” He asked her with excitement.

“I was.” She answered softly.

“Was?! Why not anymore?” He asked, sounding upset.

“He was rude to me.” Jin Ru pouted.

Kyu Jong chuckled. “I apologized for him though.”

Jin Ru laughed lightly. “That doesn’t work.”

“Why not? It should.” He giggled childishly. “He doesn’t mean anything by it.” Kyu Jong smiled.

“Ahh.. I see. I was just kidding anyway. I’m still a fan. Even if Ji Hyuk is a meanie .” The two of them laughed at her childish words and Ji Hyuk looked over when he heard his name, which made them laugh harder.

“Why is everyone talking so much today?” Mrs. Kim yelled. “I’m sick of this. It’s been like this all week. You guys obviously can’t handle picking your own seats so I guess I have to pick them for you.”

The class groaned.

“You two rows.” She pointed. “Move your desks next to each other. You two rows do the same.” She pointed again. “You two rows too.” She pointed and walked over to her desk then sat down. She grabbed a piece of paper and started writing. “I was planning on moving your desks like this next week but I thought we might as well now.” Mrs. Kim said without looking up from her sheet of paper. “You have showed me that you won’t be able to handle sitting next to each other like this so it’s time for new seats.” She finished and then stood up.

The teacher walked over to the first row on the left and put her hand on the first desk. She called out a name and then she called out the name of the person who would be seating next to them. She made it to the fourth desk back in the first row and called out Sun Mi’s name. The next name she called out was Hyun Soo. They both sat down next to each other and slightly smiled at each other to be polite. Right after them the teacher called out Na Na’s and Ha Jin’s name. The two of them were happy because they got to sit close to their friends. The next person from the group of friends whose name got called out was Mae Yi. She was placed in the front seat of the second pair of rows. Mrs. Kim called out the name of the boy who would sit next to her and he cheered loudly. Of course, it was Byung Hee. He sat down next to her and put his arm around her. Mrs. Kim made it to the last seats in the second pair of rows and called out Do Il’s and So Young’s names. Three seats back in the third row, Lin Ae was assigned to sit. Kyu Jong was assigned to sit next to her.  The teacher continued calling out names until there was just two students standing, Jin Ru and Ji Hyuk.

“You two can go be seated in the back.” Mrs. Kim told them.

“No, no, no! I do not want to sit next to this kid. He’s so rude.” Jin Ru thought to herself. “Nah, he can’t be that bad, can he? At least I get to sit near So Young.”

"Okay, let's resume to our lesson." Mrs Kim commanded to the class.

Students continued to talk even in their new spots. Everyone was still more quiet than before though. 

"Muse, you are perfect." Byung Hee said as he grabbed a strand of her hair.

Mae Yi pulled away and shushed him. They sat in the front row and the teacher was eyeing them.

Ji Hyuk and Jin Ru didn't say anything to each other until he broke the silence between them.

"See, it doesn't even matter that I didn't give you your seat back." Ji Hyuk said in a joking manner.

"That's true." Jin Ru laughed. "Mrs. Kim is cray. No one likes assigned seats." 

"I know someone does." Ji Hyuk said as he looked to the front of the classroom and laughed. Jin Ru followed his gaze and saw Byung Hee and Mae Yi. She laughed too, but only because she knew Mae Yi wasn't the least bit interested in Byung Hee.

 

– after school

“Sorry, Byung Hee. I have to work today.” Mae Yi told him after he asked her on a date.

“How about I walk you home then?” He asked and gave her a wink.

“No, that’s alright. Oh! I see my friends. Later, Byung Hee!” She ran off to catch up with her friends. “Yahh!” She shouted to them.

“Oh, there you are.” So Young said once she noticed Mae Yi.

The six friends started walking home together like they always do. They all live in the same direction, they just turn at different blocks.

Mae Yi sighed. “Byung Hee won’t leave me alone.” She said to her friends.

“At least he’s cute.” Jin Ru laughed.

“I can’t believe Mrs. Kim gave us assigned seats.” Na Na said, changing the topic.

“I know, right? It !” Mae Yi whined.

"I don't know. I like the guy I sit next to." So Young announced.

"Yah! You like him?" Na Na shouted in surprise.

"Not like that!" So Young corrected her thinking. "Just as a friend."

"Yeah, same with me." Lin Ae told them. "He's nice." She smiled.

"I wanna switch seats with you, Lin Ae!" Jin Ru grumbled. "I get along with Kyu Jong." 

"If we switch seats, I want to switch with So Young!" Lin Ae said excitedly. 

"No way!" So Young shouted. "Why do you want to move seats anyway, Roo? It seemed like you and Ji Hyuk we're getting along."

"Yeah, we're starting to. It's just a bit awkward still because we got off on the wrong foot." Jin Ru explained. 

"He was like that with Na Na too." Sun Mi told her.

"Oh, jinja?" Jin Ru asked and looked at Na Na

"Yeah, for the same reason as you. I told him to get out of your seat." Na Na told her.

"He must have really wanted to sit by you." So Young teased.

“Whatever." Na Na laughed. "Wait, I gotta tell you guys about the guy I sit next to. At first I thought he wanted my .” Na Na told her friends. “But then he tried flirting with Sun Mi too.”

“What a man-.” Lin Ae joked.

“I noticed him flirting with the girl behind him too. She actually seemed into him!” Sun Mi said, sounding appalled.

“Well, he is good looking.” So Young stated and everyone nodded in agreement. “All of Eye Candy is good looking actually.” She added and once again, they all agreed. "Oh, we almost missed our turn." So Young giggled. "Bye!" She bellowed. 

"See you later!" Lin Ae shouted out to them as she walked away with So Young.

Next to leave the group was Sun Mi.

"Oh my gosh! I just realized. Tomorrow is Friday! ASA!" Na Na cheered.

"Oh yeah! What should we do on the weekend?" Mae Yi asked.

"I'm not sure. But we'll think of something." Jin Ru replied. 

It came to the point where the girls had to go separate ways and they said their goodbyes.

 


Author's Note: Look who's back! Haha, sorry for the long wait. I got my motivation back for this story. By the way, if you haven't noticed, I changed the characters. So you might wanna go check that out, heh. Nothing special in this chapter, but things will really started to get going in the next couple chapters. Hope you liked it and comments are appreciated! 

~ Jiggy

 

Comment Replies: 
@k-rst-n - Thanks! Sorry for the long wait. ^^"
@flyhiigh - LOL, so much . 
@pauchii - Hehe, they're cute, huh? ~
@Tabeko & Tripp-er - Sorry, sorry!! I'll try to keep updating this time. :3